SOUL OF THE SWORD and SHAOLIN RESCUERS---FUNIMATION

bobo

hi---just got these two today and thought i would mention that SHAOLIN RESCUERS is absolutely perfect picture and sound. SOUL OF THE SWORD has an unknown english dub--not any of the regular shaw crew. the music is all different as well--at least on the english dub version. i must admit i was looking forward to the regular voice crew of that time--so i'm a little disappointed. i sure hope that the dubs for the rest of their titles are the real dubs. without the regular shaw music and voices it takes away from the movie's energy. well what can you do. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
brent21holmes

The real voice for the movie really made it more awesome and more exciting unlike the English dub version.

While watching it, it makes me think that theirs really something wrong or something missing.

Sentswordsman

That's a real shame about Soul of the Sword. I was really looking forward to the English dub since I already own the IVL version. It's disappointing about the music too because the original music was really good.

yes--- i already had the IVL version as well. as SOUL OF THE SWORD was always on the lost shaw dub list i thought there was an original dub. it just loses something when its not the regular voices or music. say what you will but those dubbers could really catch the essence of the movie. same type of deal with RETURN OF THE ONE ARMED SWORDSMAN. the movie just seems flat. as i said i sure hope the dubs for the rest of their movies(LADY HERMIT etc) are originals.

Got my SOUL OF THE SWORD and SHAOLIN RESCUERS this morning and, yes, like RogueWarrior remarked, there's no slipcases... wonder if they abandoned them...?

Guest Markgway

Any reason for me not to get Funimation's SOUL OF THE SWORD?

It's apparently progressive, mono, and subtitled (not dubtitled).

No Cantonese track, but even though it was released in HK with one, I seem to recall this being a Mandarin film, so, not a problem.

Any reason for me not to get Funimation's SOUL OF THE SWORD?

It's apparently progressive, mono, and subtitled (not dubtitled).

No Cantonese track, but even though it was released in HK with one, I seem to recall this being a Mandarin film, so, not a problem.

No reason at all. I have it, and love it.

Archived