New TVB/Tai Seng DVD's

HAZ

Hi,

I just noticed that Tai Seng is putting out some 3/4 DVD sets of shorter series. I saw Real Kung Fu in the shops. It's 20 episodes on three DVD-9. Master Of Tai Chi is also out 25 episodes on four DVD-9. Has anyone bought any of these? Care to comment on the quality?

h

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@HAZ, first of all I didn't see Real Kung Fu or Master Of Tai Chi and I don't know, if my answer might help you. I saw The Handsome Siblings 2005, Fox Volant of the Snowy Mountain 2006, The Return of the Condor Heroes 2006, Wing Chun 2007 and Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre 2009. Some say that the quality of those series got worser over the time. In my opinion they are ok. I just didn't use the zoom-modus while watching. Those dramas doesn't compare to Korean series. Their quality is in the majority of cases quite brilliant..!

Those titles have been out for a while. I have Real Kung Fu, the quality's not bad but it could have been better if they spread it out a bit more.

Wing Chun is okay, yes. The presentation is a shame though. I believe that series was filmed in HD, and on the dvd it wasn't even anamorphic.

@HAZ, first of all I didn't see Real Kung Fu or Master Of Tai Chi and I don't know, if my answer might help you. I saw The Handsome Siblings 2005, Fox Volant of the Snowy Mountain 2006, The Return of the Condor Heroes 2006, Wing Chun 2007 and Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre 2009. Some say that the quality of those series got worser over the time. In my opinion they are ok. I just didn't use the zoom-modus while watching. Those dramas doesn't compare to Korean series. Their quality is in the majority of cases quite brilliant..!

Betty all of the titles you mentioned (except for Fox Volant) are Mainland production, they used different editing style.

Real Kung Fu is a TVB production, I can guarantee the quality will blown you away.

I have Master of Tai Chi spread out over 12 DVD's - two episodes per disc. The quality of that release is phenomenal. I'm sure the newer Tai Seng release wouldn't compare. For Real Kung Fu, I've seen that on four DVD-5's. I'm sure the three DVD-9 set must be pretty good.

I just ordered Sweetness in The Salt, and I think I'll give The Four a try. That looks good. The prices for these new sets are all over the place, and they have a funny message on the back about not being for sale in certain US states. Maybe because of rental contracts?

Archived