New Cung Le project

ShaOW!linDude

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

I know. I mean, how long does it take to make a bad version of a video-game movie? It's not like based on the poor reviews they're going to go back and make it better. It's done. Print a dvd, slap that baby in a cover, and ship it to Walmart so a schmuck like me can waste his money on it. Isn't that what they want anyway?

This is Le's best chance at a good movie yet. It certainly sounds promising with Ham Tran as the director.

Tekken? The HK dvd is out.

I like Cung Le, I really do. However I wish he would put movies on hold and fight for a while longer. I'd rather watch him throw down in an octagon than in a movie. I particularly miss his sanshou days... Seriously, who thought a flying scissors kick could work outside of a movie set?

ShaOW!linDude
Seriously, who thought a flying scissors kick could work outside of a movie set?

Ain't that the truth! I watched him take down a guy 3 times with that move in a match, twice in the first round. His opponent had no business being in the ring really and Cung Le just dominated him though he seemed to know his opponent's limitations and began to hold back somewhat.

I like Cung Le, I really do. However I wish he would put movies on hold and fight for a while longer. I'd rather watch him throw down in an octagon than in a movie. I particularly miss his sanshou days... Seriously, who thought a flying scissors kick could work outside of a movie set?

He's almost 40.

Time to hang them up, as middleweight doesn't have very many "showcase" fights for him in Strikeforce.

He's almost 40.

Time to hang them up, as middleweight doesn't have very many "showcase" fights for him in Strikeforce.

There was a time, not too long ago, that high 30s wasn't a big deal in MMA. Pat Smith, Ken Shamrock, Dan Sevren, Mark Coleman, Randy Coutre (to name a few): all about 30 when the UFC debuted. Most of those guys of those guys didn't enter the Octagon for another few years! And look at K1; it's full of older guys. Granted, most of these guys are heavyweights...

Of course, I'm closer to 40 than I am to 35 and once the doc okays me to start training again, I'm heading for the cage.

There was a time, not too long ago, that high 30s wasn't a big deal in MMA. Pat Smith, Ken Shamrock, Dan Sevren, Mark Coleman, Randy Coutre (to name a few): all about 30 when the UFC debuted. Most of those guys of those guys didn't enter the Octagon for another few years! And look at K1; it's full of older guys. Granted, most of these guys are heavyweights...

True, but it's a strange new world now I guess. Le probably has a few years left, he hasn't taken much damage during his career like a Wanderlei or Nogueira. I'd love to see him fight Dan Henderson or Melvin but he seems to prefer safer fights, which I understand. Getting KO'd in real life would hurt his attractiveness to investors in the movie business.

Not to mention the average age of great fighters is getting younger. Most of the greats are still good up until their mid- to late-30s but now we have people in their early 20s like Jon Jones that could give almost anyone a run for their money.

ShaOW!linDude

Have you seen him in the Jason Yee movie "Dark Assassin"?

Not the best movie in the world by any means. The action is..........well.......in places it just reeks but in some spots it's not too bad (though that's really not saying much). But Le gets to show off his repertoire a bit and that's pretty cool.

I'm really looking forward to seeing cung play a lead or at least Co-Lead role. I'm yet to see bodyguards & assassins but i will take care of that as soon as i find a copy. His role's in both fighting and tekken were bland and unbelievable. Not that it was his fault i just can't see cung getting beat up by a pretty boy high school kid.

I'm really looking forward to seeing cung play a lead or at least Co-Lead role. I'm yet to see bodyguards & assassins but i will take care of that as soon as i find a copy. His role's in both fighting and tekken were bland and unbelievable. Not that it was his fault i just can't see cung getting beat up by a pretty boy high school kid.

I don't want to spoil anything but Cung's role wasn't spectacular in 'Bodyguards' (I think he had 1.5 lines) but it's not his fault. His fighting was good, though the wires were not needed.

Anybody seen Pandorum?

ShaOW!linDude
Anybody seen Pandorum?

I have just a couple of months when I DVRed it off a cable movie channel. It's sci-fi. I didn't think it was too bad and I had no idea he had a role in it. Total surprise. And he gets to throwdown a little in it in places, too. Has a pretty good fight scene near the end. I'd say it's worth a watch at least once.

Archived