Human Weapon

inframan

I miss this show, I wish they did more than one season. I tried watching an episode of Fight Quest but I didn't like it.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Yeah, I didn't like "Fight Quest" either. I thought those guys were obnoxious. "Human Weapon" was really good. I loved the mini-history lessons that accompanied each ep about the style they were learning. I thought they started a 2nd season but about 3 eps in it just stopped. I may remember it wrong and those may have been 1st season eps that I hadn't seen.

Then I was on to "Deadliest Warrior". They started a new season of it and it just stopped, too. What's the deal?

Though I prefer Human Weapon because it was the more 'educational' show, Fight Quest focused more on training. The HW guys seemed more laid back than the FQ guys (who are just typical MMA numbskulls).

See, I didn't like Human Weapon but Fight Quest grew on me. However, I thought History Channel's Warriors beat both shows hands down. I'm still holding out for a second season of it, but I don't think it will happen.

I've recently seen videos of these shows, good to know that they are out there.

To compare about episodes relating to silat, they all offered something different.

The "Human Weapon" and "Fight Quest" episodes were informative but mostly focused on the training. Didn't feel very sincere though, taking those MMA guys into traditional art and trying to get into it.

What I've seen so far of a program produced by "Fight Masters", from National Geographic channel, seems much better - based on a student learning Silat in the United States, and his Malay teacher, who go back to the source of the art in Malaysia - more like a documentary rather than an infomercial.

I'll have to check out those other shows as well.

Archived