• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• One Armed Boxer

• ShaOW!linDude

• blue_skies

• OpiumKungFuCracker

blue_skies

I can't remember has it been posted who picked up the UK rights? And if known when the UK DVD will be released?

One Armed Boxer
I can't remember has it been posted who picked up the UK rights? And if known when the UK DVD will be released?

Optimum has the rights for the UK, as far as I'm aware no release date yet though. Kind of strange for the US to get it released before the UK, normally it's the other way around in recent years.

ShaOW!linDude

Hurray! I mean....Aw! I mean.....Hurray!:xd:

Thanks for the link to the review. It was a good read. Cannot wait to see this.

I understand peoples's complaints, but at the same time, I don't understand all the complaints. I don't think I've watched any movie with better and/or more action all year.

One Armed Boxer

Ah...that's why I couldn't find any information on the UK release....they dropped the 'Bangkok' from the title.

Optimum has the rights for the UK, as far as I'm aware no release date yet though. Kind of strange for the US to get it released before the UK, normally it's the other way around in recent years.

I gratefully eat my own words....the UK once again beats the US to it by almost a whole 2 months!

[quote=One Armed Boxer:"Ah...that's why I couldn't find any information on the UK release....they dropped the 'Bangkok' from the title".

Yeah, I thought that was strange too & unnecessary.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Saw the 1st half of this movie, it's Saw meets Battle Royale meets Ong Bak Meets Reality Show.... The Story is not ground breaking by any means but the fights are what this movie is all about and the stunts are just fucking sick!!!!!!! There's one guy on the team, the Chinese guy and he gives Wu Jing a run for his money... He did this one fucking bad ass move where he did a spinning kick X 2 and hit the guy flushed on the fucking face, OMFG!!!!

Ah...that's why I couldn't find any information on the UK release....they dropped the 'Bangkok' from the title.

I gratefully eat my own words....the UK once again beats the US to it by almost a whole 2 months!

Awesome!:xd:

OpiumKungFuCracker

I was hoping for this thread to explode in traffic... Is this not out on dvd yet or something??? I have seen this movie twice now, it's that awesome....

One Armed Boxer
I was hoping for this thread to explode in traffic... Is this not out on dvd yet or something???

UK DVD release date: 4th July

US DVD release date: 30th August

Patience patience!:tongue:

I was hoping for this thread to explode in traffic... Is this not out on dvd yet or something??? I have seen this movie twice now, it's that awesome....

The fighting is yes, but what about it as a movie..its awful...if this is the future of Thai cinema then count me out! Story and acting have to account for something surely.

OpiumKungFuCracker

The plot didn't really bothered me that much as I viewed this film as a B-movie trash of the lowest order... I didn't have to pay attention that much and the fights made up for it...

lillippa328

i have now started to watch Thai movies expecting somthing or somone to get kidnapd and awsome fight scenes...so im excited for this

The fighting is yes, but what about it as a movie..its awful...if this is the future of Thai cinema then count me out! Story and acting have to account for something surely.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing this movie but is the acting and story that bad?

screenplay, acting, directing smells like ass (1.5/10). expect nothing more or less than way sub-standard film making. rittikrai`s extraordinary as an action coordinator just as he`ll always suck helming an entire film project and its no surprise its exactly that with BKO.

the MA is ace and the stunts/action in general are totally off the hook (8.5/10 easily).

i found BKO thoroughly enjoyable making good use of the remote in my hand for the first 20 mins of the flick.

once past that 20 min mark, it was all good for me and comes highly recommended.

OpiumKungFuCracker

There was never a good story/acting in any of those Ong Bak/chocolate/fireball movies... What makes this one different?? I came into this movie expecting to get some bad ass muthafucking fight choreography and it gave me more than I can chew.... the whole movie was nothing but fight scenes after fight scenes, who cares about the story...

Thai action movies are like the Michael bay of Asian martial arts movie.. It's all about the spectacles!!!!

One Armed Boxer
I'm very much looking forward to seeing this movie but is the acting and story that bad?

I have a confession to make, I actually don't mind the story lines of Thai movies. For me they're all about the action, so you name it, the movies people usually complain about barely have a plot - 'Ong Bak', 'Tom Yum Goong', 'Chocolate', 'Raging Phoenix', 'Dynamite Warrior', 'The Sanctuary', 'Fireball' - I actually don't mind at all, and find them perfectly watchable, with a simple storyline to move the movie from one action scene to the next.

That being said, 'Bangkok Knockout' was the first Thai movie that I watched where I really thought to myself more than one time during it's duration - "This is the stupidest excuse of a story I've ever seen" - so for me to think that, trust me it's bad. As OpimuKungFuCracker said, this is best watched with the mindset of wanting to enjoy "B-movie trash of the lowest order".

Thai action movies are like the Michael bay of Asian martial arts movie.. It's all about the spectacles!!!!

Wow....didn't a certain someone also compare 'Reign of Assassins' to a Michael Bay movie recently!?:tongue: (post 39 - http://kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9500&page=4) What's up with these comparisons lately!?

Michael Bay is a bad director...but this is just too insulting. You have to give Michael Bay credit for hiring people that can act. The voice of Optimus prime is just amazing.

Bangkok Knockout on the other hand just had horrible acting. I mean, can you honestly be okay that Optimus Prime talked like those Thai "actors"?

I will be going to see Transformers 3 and happy to pay...knowing that the story will be stupid. I wouldn't pay a penny for BK.

There was never a good story/acting in any of those Ong Bak/chocolate/fireball movies... What makes this one different?? I came into this movie expecting to get some bad ass muthafucking fight choreography and it gave me more than I can chew.... the whole movie was nothing but fight scenes after fight scenes, who cares about the story...

OpiumKungFuCracker

Of course you'll pay to see Transformers 3, it's the most highly anticipated blockbuster of the summer, I'll be paying for it too, especially in Imax.... I wouldn't mind seeing BK on the big screen, I for sure must get intoxicated before going in though, probably makes it that much more enjoyable...

lillippa328

just finished watching this peice of shit story lol not gonna lie...its pretty brutal....no character development what so ever and its just laughable all around as a story....

BASSICALLY....take the start and setting from Hangover II, the environment/story of Saw II,and the concept of the Condemned.....and replace all actors with talented Muay Thai practitioners.....

Story = 1/10

BUT THE ACTION WAS DOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And non stop, so I must say, unlike other terrible thai movies that have shitty stories AND horribly edited fights or way too much effects (such as way to many slow mo scenes) ....BK KO DELIVERS FIGHTS and delivers plenty of them!! Right after that 20-25 minute marker the film just picks up and goes into pretty much non stop action, and it is well worth watching...some real nice stuff in here....

its too bad that thailand seems to be lacking any type of creativity in the writing department