• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• One Armed Boxer

• ShaOW!linDude

• blue_skies

• OpiumKungFuCracker

The Amazing Psycho Per

Oh man, this looks like pure B-movie awesomeness, set on martial arts and stunt eye candy entertainment overdrive! :nerd: Not sure about the over use of wires though... Still, anxiously anticipating this.

I was priveleged enough to watch this movie in the cinema last week in Thailand. Let me say this: All of those impressed by the trailer will not be disappointed! It does exactly what it says on the tin; delivering acrobatic, gravity defying, mind bending action. It takes a wee while to get started, but when it does it delivers an hour of crazy martial artistry and insane stunts. These guys (and gals) should be given kudos for there bravery, skill and willingness to get the crap pounded out of them. The lead actor playing the character of Pod is my pick of the bunch: he combines great bootwork, superb acrobatic skill and remarkable stamina, and his performance is actually decent.

Structurally, I thought the film was OK. Simple, effective and geared towards delivering as much action as possible. Unfortunately, the same mistakes that tarnish Thai action movies are present: a bad script and in general bad performances especially by the (yes you've guessed it) Western actors. But Panna is cool as can be in his viallainous role. Overall it's a visual feast of action!

Ok.. I saw it. Here's what I have to say.

THE GOOD: The girls are cute, The action, the fighting, the stunts are just too jaw dropping awesome.

THE BAD: The acting and the story.. I'm sorry to say but two thumbs down...

ShaOW!linDude
Ok.. I saw it. Here's what I have to say.

THE GOOD: The girls are cute, The action, the fighting, the stunts are just too jaw dropping awesome.

THE BAD: The acting and the story.. I'm sorry to say but two thumbs down...

Dude, how could this be 2 thumbs down then?:squigglemouth:

You list 4 good things: cute girls, awesome action, awesome, fighting, awesome stunts.

You only list 2 bad things: story and acting.

Your "good" list has more positives than the negatives on your "bad" list.:bigsmile:

Granted, I haven't seen this yet (how I envy you!) but based on the count this seems it should be 2 thumbs up!:tongue:

(SiamKnight ---- cool name btw.)

Dude, how could this be 2 thumbs down then?:squigglemouth:

You list 4 good things: cute girls, awesome action, awesome, fighting, awesome stunts.

You only list 2 bad things: story and acting.

Your "good" list has more positives than the negatives on your "bad" list.:bigsmile:

Granted, I haven't seen this yet (how I envy you!) but based on the count this seems it should be 2 thumbs up!:tongue:

Agreed. Acting and story have never stopped great action from being a top MA film.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Agreed. Acting and story have never stopped great action from being a top MA film.

Ain't that the truth, look at the filmography of Tony Jaa, Seagal, Van Damme, Chuck Norris, and Statham, oh and The Rock... The action makes up for it...

So it's a mixture of the recent underground fighting craze and Born to Fight? Unoriginal but I'll watch it because it's a Panna film.

I haven't been able to find any information regarding a dvd/blu ray release of this movie. Is it in the works to come out soon? I thought this was a really popular movie, strange it's so hard to find any new information on it.

odioustrident

Good question I was wondering the same thing.

Its making the rounds at a couple of US film festivals this year. Hopefully other members will have a better idea.

helios, the latest is...

Not to worry. Magnolia have picked up Bangkok Knockout for the US.

Buyers struck by Sahamongkolfilm's Bangkok Knockout

11 February, 2011 | By Jean Noh

Sahamongkolfilm International has done a raft of pre-sales deals on action adventure Bangkok Knockout: BKO, due for a world premiere in Berlin Feb 12.

Optimum picked it up for UK, TF1 for France, Splendid for Germany and Benelux, Madman for Australia and New Zealand, Clover Films for Singapore, Queen Film for Indonesia and Sonamu for South Korea. The film also previously sold to Magnolia for US.

“We are very excited about BKO. The stunts and fight scenes are some of the craziest we’ve seen, and we are thrilled to be working with Sahamongkolfilm again,” said Berenice Fugard, head of Acquisitions at Optimum.

In the film, a group of ‘Fight Club’ pals whose styles vary from Muay Thai and Capoeira to Kung Fu and Tai Chi must fight for their lives when one of their friends is kidnapped.

BKO is directed by Panna Rittkrai, a legend in Thai action cinema. He directed Born to Fight and was fight coordinator for films such as Ong Bak and Chocolate, and also starred in of many 70s and 80s action films.

“Sahamongkolfilm is now synonymous with great martial-arts action. Most of our buyers know us as a company that can deliver some of the best action sequences in cinema. It is with this reputation that we have had a great response for Bangkok Knockout: BKO. We actually had some bidding wars in some of the territories that we have sold. We certainly will be working hard to deliver even better action in our upcoming movies,” said Gilbert Lim, executive vice president at Sahamongkolfilm International.

So no dates yet.

BANGKOK KNOCKOUT is premiering at next week's ActionFest Film Festival in North Carolina

Not sure of a DVD release yet.