Chen quan Tai's greatist roles 'OUTSIDE' of Shaws

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Right now,,,, re-watching the so called: "Iron Monkey II",,,, (true title please)?.

How amazing is Master Tai!

What do you 'ALL' think 'HIS' greatest movies 'outside' of Shaw's were?

Thanks,

GD Y-Y

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to say. He's made 30(?) films since the Shaws closed - plus many before which I haven't seen.

I have about 1/3 of his 120 plus appearances - mostly SB.

I know I didn't care for "Hero Tattooed With Nine Dragons" or "A Life Of Ninja".

For the moment, until I see other films, my vote would go to (the obvious choice?) "Iron Monkey" 1977.

odioustrident

Big Boss of Shanghai and Layout.

Iron Fists / Shaolin King Boxer is also a classic than needs more mention.

Has anyone seen the film Seven Knights? I've only seen bits but it kind of blew my mind, a Taiwan Western / Kung Fu film that has more aesthetics in common with Mirage or Swordsman in Double Flag Town than it does with Stranger and the Gunfighter or similar. Made in 1982 according to hkmdb.

I was so excited to finally watch Hero Tattooed with Nine Dragons but It was a big letdown, coolest title ever for a bad film. Fortunately bad films doesn't happen often with CKT. The 3 films mentioned already, Iron Monkey, Iron Fists, Big Boss of Shanghai, are tops. I also like a lil Indie called Invincible Monkey Fist with a young Billy Chong.

Archived