Mystery of Chess Boxing - Widescreen, Mandarin with burned in subs

kungfusamurai

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a wide version out there with time-code running at the bottom that some forum members have. I had it but that was a few years ago. A nice print was shown in the UK several years ago. That was wide as well and a very nice copy from what I heard.

Wow, I was about to post a thread here earlier to see if there was a version in Chinese on DVD that anybody had...

Btw, that upload is in Cantonese, not Mandarin.

I have the widescreen print that teako170 refers to...PM me if you want a copy.

I've also seen a 35MM print with burned in subs recently...in a theater even.

kungfusamurai

Thanks for that info guys.

Space - my bad. I didn't watch it all the way through, I just listened to a quick snippet and thought I heard 'Ni hau'. But listening to it now, I agree it's Cantonese.

KFS

Ugh - lovely print but at 15 frames per second it's pretty useless to me. Or is there some sort of YouKu HQ mode I'm missing where it runs at a watchable frame rate (23.976 fps or more)?

BATTLE AXE 45

I thought I'd never see this version again.Chinatown N.Y.1984.I must pull this off of youku .maybe I can fix the framerate a little until I can find this somewhere else.

It's the same one as the widescreen version with Timecodes...I've just had a look at the link in Youku.

It's a custom cleaned up version IMO, sourced from the timecode version.....

I have just compared it with my Custom cleaned up version that I upped on youtube many month's ago.....In comparison it look's similiar but the youku print has a touch of extra blue in it.......Here's a short clip from my custom version....Have a look you will know what im on about:

qcPLWu5bAhM

Archived