Here's the plot: What are the titles of these movies?

softhands

Hi:

I just discovered this wonderful site. I tried to look up some films that I enjoyed watching from my childhoold but I can't remember their "English" (or Chinese name)...But I can describe some of their plot details:

Can anyone name the "English" name of these Kung-Fu films:

1) Legend of Condor Heroes has been made and remade multiple times into TV series.

But before that, this was once a theatre film (either late 70s or early 80s) and I remember at the beginning trailer the subtitles said "...this film has 4 superfighters (that would turn out to be the familiar beggar-king, Peach-Island Guy with the flute, Evil Poison guy from the West, and one more superfighter guy...who didn't seem to appear much...

2) There was a secret society of around 12 or 13 members. The oldest guy said that there was a traitor and then the members started to kill each other just because they were (wrongly) labelled as a traitor.

There may have been a bald guy with good fist technique. There definitely was his friend, wearing white, a swordsman with a sword whose blade can detach in mid blade to become a dagger - he's killed by the his previous friend after all the

"I'm not a traitor...I'm not a traitor fights. And finally the movie concludes with the evil leader claiming to pretending to finger all (most) of his own members just so that he " (ending removed as request from a responder as to not spoil the ending).

There may have been a young hero character who uses his bracelets the same way that Wonder Woman uses them, he uses multiple metal bracelets to block sword attacks, etc. They would make these cool swishing sounds.

3) This one is different movie from #2, but has similiarities:

There was another secret society of about 13 members who's mission is to kill people "for the good of the country". But once again there are rumous that their leader has gone bad.

The name of this sect might have been something like Red Eagle13 assassins.

4) A woman pretends to not know martial arts. Eventually she ends up with two or more men looking at a mirror.

She (or one of the men says) Everyone in this mirror is fake and not who they say they are. The audience thought that she was naturally talking about the swordsmen only...

And later eventually she's revealed to be a top martial artist, maybe even evil, and she ends up fighting one of those men (the hero) in the previous mirror.

5) The kill your own evil teacher movie (because you didn't know he was evil).

There is the hero who doesn't know martial arts very well. One day in the countryside he bumps into an injured evil guy wearing white and has to go into hiding and heal, so evil guy pinches the hero and then forces him to go to the Chinese pharmacy and bring back some healing medicine.

Evil guy heals and then eventually sees that the hero isn't good at martial arts, sees the hero is 'cold' - climate cold, and tells him that one way to warm up is kung-fu and teaches him some.

Later on evil white guy is revealed to be an enemy of the good grey clothes teacher (the hero's original and current teacher), they fight and evil guy wins.

Later on, the hero has to fight and defeat evil white clothes teacher.

6) Hero takes a piss in a pot and asks how it tastes. There is a guy at the bottom who says that it tastes salty.

Hero thinks it is a ghost. Hero has to carry around a hat and talk to it and calls it ghost big brother.

7) Sharp spear. The bad uses a weapon called 'sharp spear' or uses some technique called 'sharp kick'. There is a (doomed) investigator who goes around to town elders asking if they know some unidentified bad guy who uses a technique called sharp spear or sharp kick.

Eventually his acquaintance, the hero, has to avenge this investigator?

8) Fighting with a cleaver in your stomach.

The financially poor hero is a guy new in town, longshoreman labourer type - he already knows his full martial arts at the beginning of the film - no need for a hero.

He's briefly challenged by the good rich guy, and they sort of fight to a stands still. The poor hero has pride and refuses to accept the good rich guys coins.

The good rich guy enjoyed smoking those long cigarettes, and one day the god rich guy is eventually killed.

The hero rushes to his chariot? and only finds him dead. Maybe he takes his cigarette holder, nonetheless he ends up with his own long cigarette holder out of admiration of the good rich guy.

Eventually the hero has to fight the bad guys who killed the good rich guy.

This long fight ending scene is memorable because the hero suffers an early slash with the meat cleaver and it hangs out the front of his stomach for the entire fight - he doesn't even take it out as a weapon.

9) Another big cleaver film.

The hero uses one of those elongated cleaver blades - almost as long as a sword. His father was ambushed and killed by 30 top assassins, not 30 henchmen, but there is a memory flashback of dad being attacked by 30 bounty hunters simultaneously.

The hero might have had a sidekick / friend who accompanies him along the film. I remember an ambush scene where the two of them have to use their weapons to hold up the spiked ceiling from collapsing on them - while the badguys are surrounding them.

10) Dead Fish and 2 snake fighter guys gang up on hero's teacher.

I remember the hero delivering a seafood fish that was dead and thus angered the customers.

Hero's teacher fought and defeated an evil snake fighter guy. later on evil snake fighter guy recruits another snake fighter guy and the two of them gang-up on the hero's teacher and kill him in the countryside.

Later on the hero learns a new skill and defeats the two snake fighter guys in the countryside.

11) Aim for the head!

The movie starts of with the hero training in a Shaolin temple, displaying some awesome kicking to break things.

Later on the evil royal leader and henchmen storm Shaolin temple and do their massacre thing.

One of the Shaolin elder monks had this awesome move where he could turn his robe, spin it rapidly and it turns into a staff for fighting!

But the Shaolin elder monk is defeated anyway.

The hero student goes on a killing spree and has 3 or 4 top evil guys on his hit list.

He kills a top bad guy but is injured.

If I remember correctly, the hero has a memorable way of doing a creepy name chant of the bad guy while he's stalking him through the forest.

Later on the hero tries to kill a 2nd top bad guy but he is too injured to defeat the 2nd top bad guy. The 2nd top bad guy notices that the hero is injured but does not take advantage of it because he wants to recruit the hero to help him kill the #1 bad guy.

Later on the two of them fight the #1 bad guy and the #2 bad guy exhorts the hero to "go for the head."

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
loempiavreter

Number 2 is probably To Kill a Mastermind, you wouldn't happen to have a good copy of that do you :wink:

Here's a topic about a very unlikely but potential dvd release

http://kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12372

BUT PLEASE COULD YOU REMOVE THE ENDING SPOILER FROM YOUR #2 DESCRIPTION, IT SPOILS A MOVIE A LOT OF PEOPLE WANT TO WATCH.

A review with pictures for you to confirm:

http://www.coolasscinema.com/2010/10/to-kill-mastermind-1979-review.html

9FsRaBKKs4s

Number 3 could be 13 Cold Blooded Eagles a remake of The Avenging Eagle (which was by th.e same director of To Kill A Mastermind).

RzUXj4r6M2s

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah 2 sounds like To Kill a Mastermind.

1- Brave Archer- there’s 3 parts to this, and also a part 4 called Brave Archer and His Mate which has different actors. Also a part 5 which I haven’t seen called Little Dragon Maiden.

5- maybe 7 Commandments of Kung Fu

6- probably Challenge of the Masters

8- Boxer From Shantung

9- maybe Snake in the Monkey’s Shadow

http://hkmdb.com/db/index.php

This is just a guess but could #7 be Fatal Needles vs Fatal Fists?

Pretty sure #10 is Snake in the Monkey's Shadow

Wow, wow, wow. Thanks for everyone's help so far. As soon as I saw that title

1) BRAVE ARCHER, I thought That's It!

2) To Kill a Mastermind, that's it!

3) it does appear to be: 13 Cold Blooded Eagles, I remember that leadership character with the black sombrero hat.

5) 7 Commandments of Kung-Fu, yes that's it!

8) Boxer from Shantung, yes that's it! Wow, 1972!

9) Pursuit of Vengeance, yes that's it!

I didn't really select any of these films to watch, rather my father selected them to take the entire family to attend. There were only a handful of Chinese Theatres in town (because this was Canada) at that time, so we didn't get the full smorgasboard of Kung-Fu film releases.

I had no idea if these films counted as good or not.

But when you're young, it is quite exciting to go to the Chinese Theatre to watch a Kung Fu film!

Archived