NOGAREMONO ORIN (Japanese TV Series 2006-2007)

Guest WuxiaFan

Guest WuxiaFan

I came across this Japanese TV series on http://www.kurotokagi.com/ and would like to know if anyone has seen it and if its any good. It certainly sounds good, but you know how that goes. Here's the description of the 24 episode series:

Following the death of Yoshimune, the 8th Tokugawa Shogun, the nation was hurled

into turmoil. Yoshimune, had been known for his wisdom, but his successor, Ieshige

plunged the land into darkness. Born with a speech defect that made him

unintelligible to all but Doetsu, the leader of the assassin’s group called the

Tegusari-nin which protected the Shogun, the future of the Tokugawa dynasty was in

jeopardy of falling. Orin, a single woman member of the Tegusari-nin who had carried

out many assassinations found out about the conspiracy and that her supposedly

dead daughter was actually alive, escaped from that group of darkness and set out to

expose the conspiract and see her child again. Carrying a secret letter that contains

proof of the atrocious conspiracy, she set off for Negoro Village in Kishu while fighting

her pursuers, the Tegusari-nin assassins. There was no turning back for Orin, and

the endless path of carnage that awaited her. (TV Broadcast quality)

Directed by: ---

Cast: AOYAMA Noriko, TAKUMA Shin, ENOKI Takaaki, KOBAYASHI Nenji, KAJI Meiko,

KURATA Tetsuo, HIDARI Tonpei

The simple fact that Lady Snowblood herself, Meiko Kaji, is in this is almost enough to buy it. Appreciate any comments on this series! :smile:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wow, I had forgotten all about that one. From what I've heard it's really good, especially in the female-ninja action department. One to check out if you want to get a good taste of recent, above-average action in a Japanese TV Series. Now I'm kicking myself for not getting it earlier.

Guest WuxiaFan
Oh wow, I had forgotten all about that one. From what I've heard it's really good, especially in the female-ninja action department. One to check out if you want to get a good taste of recent, above-average action in a Japanese TV Series. Now I'm kicking myself for not getting it earlier.

Did you ever get it? I would like to know what you think after watching it. :smile:

Daisho - have you seen this series?

No I haven't, but it does sound really good. I'm so far behind in watching movies its crazy! I got so many I want to get, and I have so many that I haven't even had time to watch yet. Usually I try to caught up on a lot of movies during the Winter months.

One thing I will say CK has a lot of great TV series on his site. That I plan on picking up in the near future.

Archived