Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011)

AlbertV

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just saw it tonight, overall it was very entertaining. never saw the tv series, but have been a fan of the franchise since the first movie. I was only 11 or so when the 1st one came out, and I was definitely surprised by the lack of action, thinking before it would be similar to a 007 movie. naturally when part 2 came out I liked it much better. part III was pretty good as well, and so is the new one. hard to say overall which is the best. looking back though, it's clear that part 2 was the best in the action department by far. as others have said, it may be watered-down Woo, but it's still better than most. I think I need to go back and rewatch part 1 again, although I remember liking it a lot more the second time I watched it, it's been years since I've seen it.

Watched this last night. It was good, but not the big spectacle I was hoping for. The Darren Shahlavi fight was painfully short. Blink and you'll miss him. The stunts were awesome though. It had a great ending too. I would probably rank the four: 1, 3, 4, and 2. The 2nd one is last because it had nothing to do with 'Mission: Impossible', though it was an entertaining action movie. The first movie was most like the TV show, and GP felt a bit like the old show too, which I appreciated. The story line about Russia felt old-fashioned, but it didn't bother me too much. I still like the 3rd a little better because it felt like a bigger movie and it had Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

MI2 felt like a sequel to Broken Arrow which I love...

Same here. I know a lot of folks here don't care much for Woo's American output, but Broken Arrow and MI:2 are two of my favorite action movies ever.

I saw MI:4 last night. Not a bad movie, and I don't have any major complaints, but I was just a bit underwhelmed. It kind of felt more like a good TV movie rather than a big cinematic experience. Cruise was fine, and Simon Pegg is always fun to watch. The rest of the cast didn't do that much for me, and the action set pieces were not that memorable, I thought. Decent, but not fantastic, IMO.

Archived