The Wolverine (2012)

AlbertV

Information from Collider

Shooting is scheduled to begin in March in New York then Japan, where the sequel is set.

Hugh Jackman returns to play Logan/Wolverine. This time, the now amnesiac mutant with the adamantium claws goes to Japan, where he falls for the daughter of a Yakuza crime boss.

Christopher McQuarrie wrote the screenplay.

It looks like Darren Aranofsky will be directing the sequel, although as of two weeks ago, he was in final negotiations with Jackman pushing for him since they worked well together on THE FOUNTAIN.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lillippa328
Good news! Finally alittle something to look forward to besides the Hobbit, and the new Batman movie.

....Avengers?

Well the first movie was really terrible, but I love the Wovlerine character and the Japanese setting is a definite plus. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Dark Horizons:

20th Century Fox looks to have pushed back production on "The Wolverine" by several months with filming now expected to begin in Spring 2012, not this Fall in Canada as previously reported (but never officially confirmed).

Deadline says that though the script and story are set in Japan, weather-related considerations has made shooting their a tricky proposition. The location might switch to Canada exclusively or involve a combination of the two countries.

James Mangold remains attached to direct the project which will begin shooting as soon as Hugh Jackman finishes the "Les Miserables" film adaptation.

ShaOW!linDude

Here's a link to James Mangold discussing his plans for the film.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168759-james-mangold-on-his-plans-for-the-wolverine

What interested me most was this statement:

"[it's] much more about Logan getting lost in this very unique and insulated world of Japanese culture, gangster culture, and ninja culture," he explains. "The fighting is going to be unique because it's all influenced by Japanese martial arts..."

Is this what I've longed for? Wolverine throwing down with some ninjas?

I hope they keep a good portion of the fights grounded. And if Logan is facing off against guys with swords, shuriken, and the like, then there better be some bloody fights that don't scrimp on the.........well, blood obviously.

• Administrator
Is this what I've longed for? Wolverine throwing down with some ninjas?

I hope they keep a good portion of the fights grounded. And if Logan is facing off against guys with swords, shuriken, and the like, then there better be some bloody fights that don't scrimp on the.........well, blood obviously.

Yes yes yes please! I'd love to see something that looked like the bloody goodness that is NINJA ASSASSIN, but starring Wolverine, and shot in better lit sets with more grounded fighting. :smile:

Casting has been confirmed courtesy of Dark Horizons:

Will Yun Lee (ELEKTRA) has been cast as Harada, who is also known as The Silver Samurai.

Brian Tee (THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS: TOKYO DRIFT) will play Noburo Mori, a corrupt justice minister about to marry Wolverine's love interest.

The legendary Hiroyuki Sanada will play Shingen

Hal Yamanouchi as Yashida

Tao Okamoto as Mariko

Rila Fukushima as Yukio

Filming will begin shortly in Australia and Japan.

YAY! :bigsmile:

That was when Darren Aranofsky bowed out...James Mangold is still going to direct LOL

That was when Darren Aranofsky bowed out...James Mangold is still going to direct LOL

lol. u got that right.

whos the retard picking directors for this project ???

i know why i`ve come to steer clear off pre-prod intel. s/t its a rollercoaster ride (from bad to worse) my heart cant take anymore & the final result rarely makes up for it anyhoo.

Updates:

James Mangold talked with Empire and gave a bit of surprising news...

THE WOLVERINE is not another prequel or reboot. Rather, it is a brand new adventure for the Canadian slice and dicer that takes place...AFTER X-Men: The Last Stand!

There is also a rumor that a certain Jean Grey may make some sort of cameo and if that is true, yes, Famke Janssen would come back to shoot the cameo scenes.

Archived