Time to Vote: Seven Swords (2005)

Iron_Leopard

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
masterofoneinchpunch

Not particularly good. I do wonder if the four-hour print would save the story but current storyline annoyed me when I watched it several years ago.

I LOVE , LOVE the "Seven Swords Descend from Mount Heaven" Wuxia novel by Liang Yusheng that the movie is based on !!

I have defiantly read it MORE than 7 times !

530-seven-sword.jpeg

But I DISLIKE ,DISLIKE the movie 7 Swords, it didn't work at all ...

I actually liked the whole TV series 7 Swordsmen much more, probably watched the whole thing at least 7 times ...

pix551.jpg

It is hard when you truly know a story word for word before watching an adaption...

I think you tend to then either love it or hate it ..

Xiexie, Athena ..♥

I'm in the "love it" column. After doing research on the original "Seven Swords Descend from Mount Heaven" i actually had a greater appreciation for the film, knowing what comes afterwards. It helped the film feel more complete. It also helped me notice the forshadowing with Donnie Yen's character. I loved the swords too, as well as the action finale. I actually wanted a sequel. I'm sure they would have learned from their mistakes and made a much more fluent sequel if given the chance.

Yang Wu Liang

I quite like the film but agree with Athena, the TV series is more rewarding. That girl in red in Athena's picture is particularly good. (can't remember her name off hand)

Morgoth Bauglir

That is Ada Choi, I agree she is amazing in the series. I also like the series a lot more than the movie. The movie has a few things better, like Pai Paio, Chi Kuan Chun and the main bad guy (Ray Lui plays the role well in the series, but I like the bad guy in the movie better), and, it is a beautiful movie to look at. But with the series you have Gai Chun Wa in a great role (should have been a bigger role), Vincent Zhao blows away Donnie Yen's performance, and while I love seeing Lau Kar Leung in any role, Yue Sing Wai did a much better job.

I thought it was crap. Boring, talk too much, and wasn't that much good fighting. I don't remember if Donnie Yen was in it? I'm a big fan of Donnie Yen, but this wasn't the movie that got me into him. It was still better than "Legend of Chen Zhen" I guess?

I watched this maybe month ago. It was pretty looking movie but not really interesting story or great action. Neither was bad tho I would rate it as average. Easy to watch once without yawning but certainly movie not worth seeing again.

By the way, same applies to burning paradisa by ringo lam. Almost everything is good there but main villain is so lame it kills interest to view again. I think did read decades ago he is not martial arts expert but painter and after seeing this flick I am pretty sure memory was correct.

Iron_Leopard

I'm feeling nostalgic for this movie right now. Might have to pop it in the dvd player soon.

Archived