Kung Fu Wing Chun (2010)

AlbertV

• Administrator
Turns out my copy has a terrible picture and no subs anyway. **sad face**

:ooh: PM me your addy and I'll send it to you bro. :wink:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As enjoyable of a movie it may be, and it most certainly is, there is an uneven balance between wire-work and non wire-work. The wire-work and cg get laid on a bit heavily at times, especially towards the end. It's to be expected however and the movie isn't based on absolute realism anyway. The performances, characters, and story are good enough to not let any of that bother you too much. So yeah, it might be a slight throwback to the earlier 90's films but with a definite modern approach.

She certainly had the goods to be a good screen fighter. So smooth and crisp. She looked better here just doing mvoements than what they did in the movie.

Drunken Monk

She certainly had the goods to be a good screen fighter. So smooth and crisp. She looked better here just doing mvoements than what they did in the movie.

Absolutely! She looked very crisp (good word) in that clip. What a shame.

Mark Pollard

Just finished watching this film and was pleasantly surprised considering my general lack of enthusiasm for modern martial arts films of late. A bit too talky in the first half but the fighting action was terrific. It's a great throwback to the wire-fu action of the early '90s. I agree with others that Bai Jing displayed a lot of promise. Due to her recent death we'll never know how many more MA films she would have done but I wish we could have found out.

Just finished watching this film and was pleasantly surprised considering my general lack of enthusiasm for modern martial arts films of late. A bit too talky in the first half but the fighting action was terrific. It's a great throwback to the wire-fu action of the early '90s. I agree with others that Bai Jing displayed a lot of promise. Due to her recent death we'll never know how many more MA films she would have done but I wish we could have found out.

I'm not sure if anyone knows, but I learned that Alan Ng Wing-Lun, who plays the villain, is a current member of the Jackie Chan Stunt Team.

Mark Pollard
I'm not sure if anyone knows, but I learned that Alan Ng Wing-Lun, who plays the villain, is a current member of the Jackie Chan Stunt Team.

I was wondering about him. I was impressed by his performance, as well as by that of Yu Shao-qun who I understand has a background in Chinese opera.

Just watched this last night, can't believe I slept on it for so long! One of the best Kung Fu films I've seen in a long time and it was made in 2010? A real throwback. As a film its much better than Wing Chun imo which was always a bit goofy but still fun.

Such a shame that Bai Jing was murdered as she was a joy to watch. R.I.P.

OK I just finished watching this movie and I remember reading about the tragic death of Bai Jing and I really was trying to get a copy of this movie for a while then I somehow forget all about it. But I just got my copy and I will say it really was a great movie. Everything everyone said about it was spot on it really was a throwback to the 90's. I love Michele Yeoh's Wing Chun movie and I honestly thought this was going to just be an updated remake but it really had its own spin on it. It really focused on the origin of it and the Abbess Nun who created it. Yes it had a romantic storyline and a comedy mixture as well but it all fell right into place. It really is a shame this movie didn't get more praise like Donnie Yen's Ip Man movies, but this is a must own and see movie. I just wish I could get it on Blu Ray.

@Da 8th Immortal: I knew they just did that for the movie just like in IP Man 2 with Donnie Yen with a Young Bruce Lee.

But your right it was a great movie, and I love the version with Michele Yeoh also.

Archived