Bay Of Blood SE. dvd and Blu ray

David Rees

Arrow video in the UK are releasing some classic horror onto dvd and blu ray lately with Inferno and Day of The Dead to name but 2, packed with great special features and region free.

They have announced the release of Mario Bava horror classic Bay Of Blood for dvd and blu ray release on 22nd of November in the UK. Remastered / uncut with tons of extras i am definately buying this one. Specs below:

BAY OF BLOOD BLU RAY

BAY OF BLOOD DVD

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info, David - you can't beat a bit of Bava!

Do you happen to know what the SUSPIRIA and INFERNO transfers are like, as well as the extras?

What a great movie. I still have the old Simitar version.

Suspiria got released by Arrow too? I wonder how the audio is on that and is it butchered like the Anchor Bay release

I got the Arrow Inferno...fabulous quality, i saw it years ago on VHS and this was like watching a new film, colours were amazing, good extras too.

Its all region , i got mine from Amazon....INFERNO BLU RAY

Arrow didnt release Suspiria it was Nouveaux Pictures, not got it myself.

You can read my full review of Inferno here on my blog.....http://regionfreebluray.blogspot.com/

Thanks, David - not just for the info on the BRs but also on that fantastic £50 BR player!

I've finally joined the revolution!!

Guest Markgway

Apparently the 5.1 audio for SUSPIRIA is excellent, but the image has been colour and contrast boosted for the HD master created in Rome. Some fans are livid, so beware.

Hmm I am still skeptical about a 5.1 soundtrack for Suspiria. That movie will always sound best in the 4 track stereo which is found on the laserdisc. When Anchor Bay released it , most people were rather displeased how the 5.1 mix turned out. Here is a link on that:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/16000/suspiria-re-mix-missing-sound-effects-and-dialogue-other-problems-too

That review is right, the music should be loud, and rightfully so.

It's one of the main reasons to own an LD player. Anyway, on that note it is disappointing to hear about the color modifications. I can only imagine what they did there.

Guest Markgway

I believe that the Laserdisc was a 2.0 downmix of the 4.0 track. But until now the closest to an accurate representation of how the film should sound. But it seems (from those who've heard it) that the Arrow 5.1 mix is remastered from the original audio - not the Anchor Bay remixes - and sounds as good as it did in theatres - with all the elements in place and properly mixed.

Whiggles has a load of info on this and the image alterations. I'm on my way out now but will post a link later... if I remember... lol

Yeah it was a downmix but when ran through a Dolby Pro Logic decoder you'd get something as close as possible to the original 4 channel stereo mix.

I know there was an Italian dvd that was downmixed from the original audio but I read it was pretty awful sounding.

Definitely post a link..if you remember.

Heres the full specs for the Arrow Bay Of Blood, dvd and Blu ray. (Both All Region)

Blu-Ray Edition contains;

Reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned art work, double-sided fold-out poster, collector’s booklet by Jay Slater, critic and author of Eaten Alive!, brand new high definition transfer of the English version of the film (1080p), Italian cut of the film, original Mono Audio.

Special Features

Argento! Bava! Fulci! The Giallo Gems of Dardano Sacchetti (1080p), Joe Dante on Mario Bava (1080p), Shooting a Spaghetti Splatter Classic: Cameraman Gianlorenzo Battaglia on A Bay of Blood (1080p), audio discussion with Tim Lucas, author of Mario Bava: All the Colors of the Dark, A Bay of Blood Trailers: ‘Carnage’ and ‘Twitch of the Death Nerve’ with commentary by Edgar Wright, director of Shaun of the Dead, Twitch of the Death Nerve Radio Spots

DVD Edition contains;

4 Panel reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned art work, Double-sided fold-out poster, collector’s Booklet by Jay Slater, critic and author of Eaten Alive!, brand new transfer of the English version, original Mono Audio, Italian Cut, original Mono Audio

Special Features

Joe Dante on Mario Bava, shooting a Spaghetti Splatter Classic: Cameraman Gianlorenzo Battaglia on A Bay of Blood, audio discussion with Tim Lucas, author of Mario Bava: All the Colors of the Dark, A Bay of Blood Trailers: ‘Carnage’ and ‘Twitch of the Death Nerve’ with commentary by Edgar Wright, director of Shaun of the Dead, Twitch of the Death Nerve Radio Spots, Argento! Bava! Fulci! The Giallo Gems of Dardano Sacchetti.

Arrow does it again. You can now pre order at Amazon if you wish (already got mine pre ordered!) Release Date 6th December.

BAY OF BLOOD BLU RAY

BAY OF BLOOD DVD

Archived