30 Days of Night: Dark Days

daisho2004

30 Days of Night: Dark Days

Now I enjoy a great Horror flick and the 1st. Vampire movie was Creepy and had all the elements to make it a great movie. But this sequel to me was just plain Stupid and lame. It does pick up right where the 1st. movie ends and brings in a whole new cast. But it really just didn't have anything to make it a good movie. It was almost like they tried to cash in on the Blade franchise. Some of the Vampire SP-FX were pretty good others were just plain bad. I would never recommend anyone to pay for this movie, this is a rental nothing more. You can read more painful reviews about this movie on Amazon.com

synopsis:

Almost a year has passed since Barrow Alaska’s population was decimated by vampires. Stella, mourning her husband’s murder, has been traveling the world trying to convince others that vampires exist. When a group of lost souls offers her a chance to exact revenge upon the vampire queen, Stella joins their mission to stop evil from striking again.

51CVYkXcMML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

I, too, love a good vampire movie and I, too, thought the 1st "30 Days of Night" was great and I, too, read the reviews posted on Amazon for this one. I think I'll wait until it hits a cable movie channel, DVR it, keep it on there a few months, and then delete it without ever watching it. Yeah, that sounds about right.

• Administrator

Yeah, I'm pretty open when it comes to horror movies. I like everything from ridiculous schlock like THE TOXIC AVANGER and BASKET CASE, and classics like THE EXORCIST and DAWN OF THE DEAD. But 20 minutes into this film my wife and I had had enough. It really sucks. Daisho nailed it: "just plain Stupid and lame". I thought the first film was good. Not a classic, but it had some decent scares and was well made. But this sequel? A tootal waste of time. For those that haven't read it, I highly recommend the original graphic novel.

Kennedy Il Sung

I actually enjoyed this. I mean it wasn't amazing but it was a decent watch, only the ending really bothered me. I never saw the first but I'll give it a rent on netflix.

Oh and it took me forever to remember that one guy played Link in the Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions.

Archived