GOMORRAH: Gangster Movie

daisho2004

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what references are made in Daisho's link so I'll just give a brief idea of my experience watching this movie.It is a gritty depiction of life in a grotty ghetto overrun by all sorts of sin,crime and vice.There are four interwoven stories with the same characters appearing in other scenes in which they are not the prime focus though the stories are related.

People remember this film because of the hard hitting realistic approach of the subject matter enhanced by the tight shots of the hand held camera that is thankfully not that shacky.This movie deglamourises the mob with it's documentary style approach so psychologically harrowing that it would make me constantly nervous if I accidently find myself in this type of environment.

It is said that there is a bounty on the head of the writer and he has been in hiding since for exposing the Mafia / Camorra.Omerta is still enforced today and to cross the line is still taboo.The Mob wants heads to roll.God save brave and bold writer Roberto Saviano and may he live to tell another tale.

Archived