"71-INTO THE FIRE": War Movie

daisho2004

"71-INTO THE FIRE"(2010)*Korean War: This is a new Korean movie about War:

During the devastating Korean War, there was a battle during which 71 South Korean soldiers stood guard at a middle school and defended an important strategic point from hundreds of North Korean soldiers. Director John H. Lee (A Moment to Remember) now brings that story to life with the spectacular war epic 71 - Into the Fire. Starring Kwon Sang Woo (Fate, Running Wild), T.O.P of Big Bang, Cha Seung Won (Blades of Blood), and Kim Seung Woo (Iris), the film explores the mindsets of both the young, inexperienced South Koreans soldiers and the tough, expert North Korean soldiers involved in this harrowing battle. Released in time to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the start of the Korean War and the sacrifice of those involved, Lee has produced a remarkable addition to the pantheon of great Korean War films.

In June 1950, a war between North and South Korea broke out, and it quickly engulfed the entire peninsula. A South Korean soldier (Kim Seung Woo) is ordered to take his troops to assist a group of young soldiers defend an area near the Nakdong River. The ragtag group of inexperienced soldiers, which includes criminal bad boy Gap Su (Kwon Sang Woo), is led by Jang Beom (T.O.P), the only one in the group with battle experience. After providing minimal training to the youth squadron, the expert soldiers go off to the Nakdong River to fight the North Koreans. However, the enemy battalion, led by General Park (Cha Seung Won), decided to take an alternate path in the direction of Jang Beom's squad.

here is the link to see a preview of it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110601863664&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:ITFViewItem%26rd%3D1%26item%3D110601863664%26ssPageName%3DSTRK%3AMESE%3AIT&_sacat=See-All-Categories

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK I watch this movie last night and it was an excellent War movie, great storyline, about 71 Students who join the army to help out against the War in Korean with the North against the South. Definitely a must add to any War buff's collection.

I was very excited to see this after "Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War" and this trailer looks awesome. Sadly, the movie sucks!

sen_pai: Why do you think it sucked for? I thought this was an excellent movie. What did you expect from it?

I watched this again last night and if nobody has seen it, I highly recommend you pick this movie up and sit down and watch it, great movie, realistic War action sequences.

Archived