The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

ShaOW!linDude

ShaOW!linDude

For you animated and/or comic book buffs out there, today (10/23/2010) this animated cartoon airs on Disney's DXDHD channel. They are airing 2 segments (Breakout parts 1 & 2 which are loosely based on the New Avengers comics). I didn't think this was supposed to air until November.

The bits of it I've seen look pretty good. My qualm with Marvel's animation history regarding their TV shows is that they skimp on the action as if they're afraid of promoting violence. There's some exceptions to that, of course, and their animated movies are great with lots of action. Hopefully this will be on a par with the Justice League animated series.

To Karlos:

From your posts I've deduced that the mystical part of the martial world you're located in is the U.K., correct? I hope this airs across the Big Pond for you. You seem to share my affinity for such. I hope others do, too.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To Karlos:

From your posts I've deduced that the mystical part of the martial world you're located in is the U.K., correct? I hope this airs across the Big Pond for you. You seem to share my affinity for such. I hope others do, too.

You are totally correct, bro!! :bigsmile:

It's interesting you should mention it getting shown over here; it's been snapped up by a satellite channel I don't have, and just last week, a GIANT poster advertising it was put up outside where I work - talk about rubbing it in!! :xd:

I'm intrigued that it's basing episodes on actual comic storylines.

I'll have to find a way to see this sooner rather than later!

ShaOW!linDude

Karlos:

Hope you manage to pull it off somehow. I knew this was coming out but like I said, I thought it wasn't until November some time. I just happen to see it on the channel listing this morning when I turned on the TV for the kids. The 2nd part was on. I scanned through and saw they were airing both parts again later today so I set the DVR to record them. Then I can watch them undisturbed after the girls are asleep.

Thanks, bro. Hopefully, I'll find them online or something - and soon! I NEED to see this!!

I look forward to reading what you have to say about the show - it was made for guys like us!!

ShaOW!linDude

Okay, Karlos, I watched the 2 part premiere last night. Keep in mind this is associated with Disney as they bought out Marvel (which still blows my mind).

The animation is good, at least to me it is. I like the style. The voice acting is fine though a couple of the voices didn't seem to fit the characters but I'm sure I'll get used to that. The story is like I posted earlier but it's used to assemble the original Avengers team from the comics. The plot is good. The action was good. I could've have used a little more but it was there which I was kind of worried about as Marvel, in their TV animated series, has a tendency to shy away from depicting physical violence (though there are exceptions). But it showed promise and hopefully they'll expand on it. The one thing I didn't like was the sappy music to make you feel the poignancy of the moment. But hey.....it's Disney. What are you going to do?

Characters...........you will choke on the characters, dude. They show a butt-load of villains escaping, a # of which I wouldn't've thought they would have used. There's a couple of hero cameos as well: Hawkeye and the Black Widow. Now dig this.....Nick Fury is a combination of aspects of the original Fury and the Ultimates universe Fury. The Hulk isn't a.............hulk with with no cognitive reasoning. He's a little more articulate than I thought they would've made him. I mean, he's no orator. And he doesn't refer to himself in the 3rd person. The only depiction I didn't like of a character was the Wasp. They could've portrayed her better and maybe they'll alter her.

There you have it. Hope I didn't reveal too much. Hope you'll be able to view this somehow. Feel free to pick my brain.

Wow! Sounds great!! Thanks for that, bro!

I read a couple of reviews online, too, and they said much the same thing.

The fact that they are using lots of different characters is very exciting indeed.

I'm going to look for this online now! :bigsmile:

I love this show. I don't have the channel its on but I've been buying the dvd's.

I have not been a fan of animated versions of comics in the past but I am hooked on this one. Its really well written and there are so many cool characters from the marvel universe.

ShaOW!linDude

I don't think all the eps have even been released on dvd yet. Just the first 15 or so. I've got 24 saved on the dvr right now and none are repeats. I'm hoping the 2nd season kicks off in November but I'm not sure when it's supposed to.

The second wave of first season dvd's is out now, I hate that the broke up the season into four releases. This seems to be standard practice lately, relase a several dvd's per season, then repackage into a complete season box, then a complete series box. I'm only buying them since I don't have the channel that its on.

My only gripe about the content is that they are chaning characters in the show to look more like the movie versions, not a big deal but I think the show could stand on it own.

ShaOW!linDude
The second wave of first season dvd's is out now, I hate that the broke up the season into four releases. This seems to be standard practice lately, relase a several dvd's per season, then repackage into a complete season box, then a complete series box. I'm only buying them since I don't have the channel that its on.

I know. That's 4 separate dvds at $15 a pop for a total of $60. Insane! Just compile 'em and do the standard $30-40 and be done. Still, been tempted to get 'em so I can clear the eps off my dvr.:cry:

My only gripe about the content is that they are chaning characters in the show to look more like the movie versions, not a big deal but I think the show could stand on it own.

Which characters? I admit they've tweaked their costumes a little but for the most part I think they adhere pretty close to what you find in the comics.

There was a preview on one of the dvd's that said Thor and Captain Amercia would both have new costumes in Season 2 and they are both the versions that the movies were based off, Nick Fury will also change his look even more.

I just finished the first season, damn its good.

Well looks like the movie is a big ol hit but they just didn't change the show enough to match the movie. Time for a reboot.

:squigglemouth: Fuck me this reboot shit is getting old.

Avengers show cancelled, also there's a new Avengers show coming soon

Edit: Looks like the Disney buying Marvel situation might be the real reason behind this, more nerdly news: http://www.comicbooked.com/avengers-earths-mightiest-heroes-to-get-canceled/

ShaOW!linDude

I feel you, bro. Me and Karlos were discussing this via pm's probably about a month or so ago.

If the animation is worth a flip and plot and story lines the equivalent of what EMH's has been, well then, okay. But if it ain't.....

We get enough imported anime style toons in the US now so I hope it won't go that route. (I still can't make up my mind whether or not I liked TEEN TITANS.)

I understand Disney/Marvel wants something to ride the coattails of their blockbuster film. That only makes sense. But this show opens people up to other characters and older stories. By doing so, it might entice people to backtrack and purchase old issues or graphic novels. That's what the tv series THE WALKING DEAD did for the graphics.

At least the 2nd season isn't being completely canned. It'll run its course and I'm glad for that. Maybe they'll find some way to close it out decently.

Archived