Thunderclap

loempiavreter

ShaOW!linDude

Wow! That looks off the chain! I've never even heard of it before. Wish I could help but I'm sure someone will.

mistertpitydafoo
Once upon a time (not in China) I had pics of ALL my Shaw Posters on the www. Next thing I knew is that they were cropped and added to HKCinemagics site.

I would not have minded much if they asked me permission. I did write them only to be told off.

And now I see another cropped pic of my poster showing up on the www!!!

Here's the original pic I took...

tclp.jpg

I guess you needed to be one of those people who photoshops your name or whatever across the entire front of the image since there are jerks who will steal them. It sucks for everyone to not be able to see the parts of the poster that your name covers up but then you don't have jerks stealing your photos and not giving you credit. Especially the nerve of telling you off instead of thanking you and perhaps even negotiating with you or at least offering credit (or an explanation of how they got the images to confirm if they were yours or not). No respect for the time it took you to take the pictures and upload the images

loempiavreter

Wow that's a pretty douchy reply from the guys behind HKcinemagic. There's an internetshop selling the poster, and the photo is I think the same as the one from you. But it's a neat poster, have you seen the film by any chance RogueWarrior?

On 10/24/2010 at 10:12 AM, mistertpitydafoo said:

I guess you needed to be one of those people who photoshops your name or whatever across the entire front of the image since there are jerks who will steal them. It sucks for everyone to not be able to see the parts of the poster that your name covers up but then you don't have jerks stealing your photos and not giving you credit. Especially the nerve of telling you off instead of thanking you and perhaps even negotiating with you or at least offering credit (or an explanation of how they got the images to confirm if they were yours or not). No respect for the time it took you to take the pictures and upload the images

It can be seen without the watermark if you access the URL: https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/pp243/cheese_dip/tclp.jpg

The best way to stop people from stealing rare photos is to crop them in different ways so that you know specifically who stole from which source when copies surface. For instance, you could post a cropped-from-the-left photo on Twitter, a cropped-from-the-right photo on Instagram, a cropped-from-both-sides photo on Facebook, a cropped-from-the-top photo on a forum, and (last but not least) a cropped-from-the-bottom photo on your blog/site. This means that the uncut version can be printed in your book and/or magazine.

• Like 1