Wong Fei Hung, Last Hurrah for Chivalry and more!

TripMasterMunky

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is because you fail to understand tastes differ.

It`s good one no question about that.I re-re-re watched it again yesterday and it`s not just end fight only which is kinda lame but main villain Kao drags overall quality down,he is totally wrong for the part.

That makes it 4/5...I still stand behind my words Hand of death is overall superior movie even as parts of chivalry are better than scenes in HOD.

As for better tomorrow,crap it´s not.I revisited it again but only in the end it rises above average.

Better Tomorrow2 on the other hand has rarely dull moments(and those very few ones are scenes where dean shek is insane) and is lot more enjoyable.

The final battle on Last Hurrah did suck but Fung Hak On, Wei Pei, Damian Lau, they made that film memorable.

I re-re-re watched it again yesterday and it`s not just end fight only which is kinda lame but main villain Kao drags overall quality down,he is totally wrong for the part.

Disagree.

To me Ko Pang is one of the movie's strengths - and probably one of the main reasons why I think of Last Hurrah as a wuxia film rather than a kung fu movie.

And I think that Lau Kong was perfect for the part.

(The final fight is a tad anti-climactic but it does have its merits. I actually grew to really like it on repeat viewing...)

Archived