Submission (2010)

AlbertV

Ernie Reyes Jr.'s film THE RED CANVAS is getting a makeover treatment. Scenes from that film are being incorporated into a new film titled SUBMISSION.

Reyes Jr. plays Johnny Sanchez, an auto mechanic who longs to become a professional fighter and trains at the local MMA gym run by Sensei Gene (Ving Rhames). When Johnny falls for Gene's daughter (Sara Downing), he gets her pregnant and while training with the Pro Team, works as a janitor. Not making enough, he ends up working for a local drug dealer (Matthias Hues). When Johnny is sent to jail, he makes money off fighting in the prison for the next six years. When Johnny is finally released from prison, he is forced to face a fighter known as Torch (Gray Maynard), hired by an old friend of the warden's, Krang (George Takei).

The official website shws the trailer, EPK, cast info and synopsis.

THE RED CANVAS was quite good on its own and it would be better had SUBMISSION be more of a prequel that leads to Johnny imprisoned and fighting there and left it at that.

y8SHurDLFGY

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess the movies is the only time a Gray Maynard fight is interesting!

Also...George Takei? :tongue:

Awesome to see Reyes Jr. still get work too.

Morgoth Bauglir

lol, yeah Grey Maynard not the most exciting fighter.

What's up with Red Canvas? I haven't been able to find it on DVD.

ShaOW!linDude

I haven't either except when I initially heard about it 6-7 months ago. I found it on Amazon then but didn't have the $. 3 months ago I started looking again and discovered the title was changed to "Bloodsport: The Red Canvas". I found a copy but it was neither all-region or region 1. Since then..........nothing. This is news to me. It looks good and from what I read about that Red Canvas, that was really good as well. I'd like top be able to get a copy of each for comparison but I bet that will be near impossible.

Love ER, Jr. He needs to do more stuff.

Archived