I Love Wing Chun (2011) - new Kung Fu Comedy

AlbertV

Set to film in Malaysia next month is a new kung fu comedy entitled I LOVE WING CHUN. The film is being directed by Lex Choi Lik and has a cast including Yuen Wah, Yuen Qiu, Nat Chan, Tian Liang, Gan Mei Yan, Jeff Chin, Royce Tan, Vivian Tok and Angel Wong.

According to the Malaysian newspaper Sun2Surf, the film revolves around a young man raised by a couple who incorporate kung fu into his everyday life without him knowing it. When a businessman invites the young man to Kuala Lumpur, all hell breaks loose as mistaken identities misundertandings, and unexpected incidents - Wing Chun style - turn the man's life into one insane journey.

Serving as martial arts choreographer will be Sifu Guy Lai, who was responsible for training Nicholas Tse in the style for his TV series WING CHUN.

• Like 1

Let the Wing Chun floodgates open!!! I like the idea of more films using the WC style. In BEAUTY ON DUTY the 2 stars were supposedly trained in WC too. They made for some good Donnie Yen jokes too.

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer

So will this be Malaysia's second martial arts movie after 'Kinta 1881', or can we all just forget that that movie ever existed!?:tongue:

• Like 1

Bumping this one just to warn my fu brothers and sisters to skip this crap. This one's as bad as they get, and the little action you're in for is just beyond disappointing. Above all, ILWC parodies some of the iconic fight scenes from the Ip Man series, such as the table fight or the ten black belts fight. It's not worth your time for the two seconds of Yuen Wah's Wing Chun, nor for Yuen Qiu, you're better off rewatching Kung Fu Hustle instead. Okay, the pair of butterfly knives turned into butterfly combs sketch was funny, and I liked the Wing Chun mahjong idea, would love to see what the guys from Yuen clan would do with it. But all in all, this is just annoyingly bad. ILWC and its director Choi Lik should be buried in a hole in the ground, with a shopping mall built on top in chance he ever tries to rise from his unmarked grave and direct again. Guess I have only myself to blame, I mean, this poster should've been enough of a warning:

7f84dc4800b6f106dbccc88ab8de3513.thumb.jpg.a8cf8f0335e24dfa50ccf2071f2c8fe8.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Secret Executioner said:

@Super Ninja That poster definitely screams "this is a lousy comedy".

Yes it does, doesn't it? Don't know why I did that to myself.. well, now I know I really don't need to see every Wing Chun movie ever made.

• Like 3