K.G. (aka Karate Girl) (2011)

One Armed Boxer

• Administrator
The above examples were all from the opening scene...

Taking a quick look at the rest of the film it became obvious the subs were made by someone who only knows very basic Japanese. The easiest dialogue (hello, I understand, wait, let's go etc.) is correctly translated, but the rest seems to be completely made up. The subber was probably guessing based on plot summary.

Hahaha! :tongue: I really appreciate your post Takuma. When I was watching this I kept thinking "Really??? Is that what's being said? Really? :smile: Good to know it wasn't just me.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hahaha! :tongue: I really appreciate your post Takuma. When I was watching this I kept thinking "Really??? Is that what's being said? Really? :smile: Good to know it wasn't just me.

Thank God!!! I really need to start brushing up again in my Japanese:tongue: LOL

OK I just finished watching this movie and I have to say the storyline was there but it failed! The reasons are as follows the storyline dragged on in between the action scenes and then some of the fight scenes were so choreographed it was painful to watch. They did improve on the slo-motion fights that everyone hated from the 1st. movie but honestly Rina Takeda wasn't the main star of this, it was Hina Tobimatsu who played her younger Sister she is really good and someone to definitely watch out for. As for Tatsuya Naka he really needs to make his own movie he is off the hook! The first 5 minutes of the movie were the best part with him fighting a group of thugs trying to steal his Legendary Black Belt. They had such a good storyline but some of the Action scenes & waited to long with drawn out dialogue just ruined the movie, and I really thought that they would've improved from the 1st. movie, but they didn't! The funny thing I think is the director has got a thing for the Japanese School Girl look! Or maybe that's just a ploy to get the Younger Teens to see this movie.

Overall its worth a watch because some of the fight scenes were done really well. Hopefully the next movie she makes they'll really use her talents better.

The film is currently on the Drama list on Crunchyroll. I recently showed my 5-year old daughter and 8-year son the film and they both were shocked at Hina Tobimatsu's kicking skills in her fight at the Japanese dojo. They were like "Holy cow!". 

Archived