K.G. (aka Karate Girl) (2011)

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

Ah...three more weeks to go until this hits DVD, I'm counting down the days!

But until then, the guys over at fareastfilms had the opportunity to do an interview with Rina when she attended the Terracotta Asian Film Festival in London.

The interviewer comes across as a bit of a star-struck fan who's just met his idol, but it's still good to see Rina talking about her history in karate, and mercifully only 2 lines are spent talking about 'Kunoichi' (trust me the less said about that the better!)....best of all, she's working on being more "sexy and grown-up"...well, that enough to give me something to look forward to anyway, now just hurry up and make a movie with Jeeja Yanin!

http://www.fareastfilms.com/newsPage/An-Interview-With-Rina-Takeda-3214.htm

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rina in Terracotta Festival, she shows her skills and speaks in "engrish". So cute!!! :khi8g:

WNoWlN7MCP4

TPLxjiqxsIQ

Also this is the trailer of her new movie, Avec Punch. It's different, I think it's romance with sports, with some fights too.

G3UNzHtRMbg

So, an awesome facebook fan page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rina-Takeda-Fans/118074528276797?sk=info#!/pages/Rina-Takeda-Fans/118074528276797?sk=wall

Awesome clips :khi8g: I didn't know she should speak English :khi8g: Knowing Japanese standards, that's a a lot more than what most learn in school. And far better than what some other Japanese actors come up with when they try to read from a piece of paper....

I never was that much of a Rina fan, but those clips totally converted me. What a lovely girl :khi8g:

My KG DVD was shipped today :khi8g:

One Armed Boxer
Knowing Japanese standards, that's a a lot more than what most learn in school. And far better than what some other Japanese actors come up with when they try to read from a piece of paper....

Ha ha....yeah, as an English teacher in Japan, she has some pretty good vocabulary for her age - 'anxious'!:tongue:

My KG DVD was shipped today

Mine was bought from Tsutaya this morning!....still too busy to watch it though, damn.

***Part 1***

kg0.jpg

Film

I will review the film later when I have more time. But in nutshell: action excellent, editing flaws from High Kick Girl all corrected, storyline a bit of a mess but comes with amusing bits and some great one liners. Looks good, sounds good (plenty of bone cracking on the soundtrack), is good. The 13 year old Hina Tobimatsu is Japan’s new official kicking machine - she flies without wires (constantly mistaking her opponents as "stairs") and can take down 20 men without the director having to yell “cut” in the middle.

R2J Toei Deluxe Edition DVD

Disc 1: Movie (DVD-9 / 4.94 KB)

Anamorphic Widescreen (progressive)

Japanese DD 5.1 (448 kbps)

91 min

+ Original trailers and teasers (5 min)

+ Bonus trailers and commercials (13 min)

Disc 2: Bonus Disc (DVD-5 / 4.13 GB)

- Behind the Scenes (53 min)

Billed as "Documentary", this is almost an hour worth of behind the scenes footage from the action scenes, with optional commentary by producer / action director Fuyuhiko Nishi and action coordinator Misako Nagashima. Video footage of Richard Heselton standing on the roof with a helmet on his head while Takeda and Tobimatsu practice headkicks is worth seeing!

- 100 Karate Moves (6 min)

This is basically compiled stuff from the Behind the Scenes feature

- Exhibition Match (9 min)

Rina Takeda vs. Kazutoshi Yokoyama. Stage event match, performing one of the film’s action scenes live.

- Shinjuku Premiere: Part 1 (19 min)

This is standard premiere until special guest Mayumi Uchida of AKB 48 shows up. Being a karate skilled girl (she practiced Kyokushin karate, that is, Sonny Chiba karate!) she and Takeda take a few rounds of jan ken pon. The winner gets to kick the loser!

- Shinjuku Premiere: Part 2 (12 min)

Discussion after the film. Takeda, Naka, Tobimatsu, Heselton,Kimura and Nishi attend.

- Ready. Steady. Go! (4 min)

KG music video using footage mainly from Angel Rina. This may be the best extra on the disc – let’s just say Angel Rina is gonna sell like hot cakes after people get to see this.

- Poster Gallery (2 pictures)

Cast and Crew Introduction (text screens)

Disc 3: CD

Ready. Steady. Go! single, with standard and remix versions of the song. The CD appears to be limited to first press, in other words, will go out of print if isn’t already

Package

Stylish carboard sleeve and amaray case with different artwork

Film screencaps

KGcap1.jpg

Rina

KGcap2.jpg

KGcap3.jpg

KGcap4.jpg

Hina

KGcap5.jpg

KGcap10.jpg

KGcap7.jpg

KGcap8.jpg

Richard

KGcap9.jpg

***Part 2***

Bonus Materials

Behind the Scenes

KGex1.jpg

KGex2.jpg

KGex3.jpg

KGex4.jpg

Exhibition Match with Kazutoshi Yokoyama

KGex5.jpg

KGex6.jpg

Shinjuku Premiere with Mayumi Uchida

KGex7.jpg

KGex8.jpg

KGex9.jpg

Premiere Part 2

KGex10.jpg

KGex11.jpg

Music Video

KGex13.jpg

KGex14.jpg

KGex15.jpg

KGex16.jpg

KGex17.jpg

Package

KGDVD1.jpg

KGDVD2.jpg

KGDVD3.jpg

KGDVD4.jpg

Saw the movie, and it's too better than High Kick Girl. Rina was graceful, the first fight when she beats a thief is great. I'm impressed with Hina, really, she almost flies in some scenes! The last fight with Heselton, was awesome, really like a real fight. He gives Rina a blow that nearly threw she away...

It's sad that I don't understand japanese... I hope it's released with subs soon!

ShaOW!linDude

Nice, Takuma.

Now....will someone hurry up and this prepped for a US dvd release preferably by next Tuesday?:tongue:

Great review....have to ask, was the second to last paragraph influenced by any of the conversations that have taken place within this forum before?:tongue:

:xd:

Thanks

One Armed Boxer
Will that be Region specific or All Regions (Please!)?

Well Media Blasters is a US based company, so it's probably safe to presume this will be a Region 1 DVD.

• Administrator

I'm so glad that the hacks that released HIGH KICK GIRL aren't releasing this. Their "Hearing Impaired" only subtitles annoyed the hell out of me. :neutral:

ShaOW!linDude
Well Media Blasters is a US based company, so it's probably safe to presume this will be a Region 1 DVD.

Hot diggity dog!!!! Hope that's true. Been waiting a while for this one to finally get to me.

Hehehehe....I got to see the movie last weekend. I will be posting a review this week. I will say the filmmakers have learned their mistake with HIGH KICK GIRL (the overdose of slow motion) and used the technique at the right times.

If you thought Rina Takeda was awesome in HIGH KICK GIRL, Hina Tobimatsu clearly steals the show!

Hehehehe....I got to see the movie last weekend. I will be posting a review this week. I will say the filmmakers have learned their mistake with HIGH KICK GIRL (the overdose of slow motion) and used the technique at the right times.

If you thought Rina Takeda was awesome in HIGH KICK GIRL, Hina Tobimatsu clearly steals the show!

Albert's review

http://www.kungfucinema.com/reviews/review-kg-karate-girl-2011

Btw, you got a review copy, language skills / tough head, or are fansubs floating around somewhere? I'd love to show the film to a friend of mine if I had an srt to pimp my R2J with.

Albert's review

http://www.kungfucinema.com/reviews/review-kg-karate-girl-2011

Btw, you got a review copy, language skills / tough head, or are fansubs floating around somewhere? I'd love to show the film to a friend of mine if I had an srt to pimp my R2J with.

There are fansubs floating around, but I will say the ones I found were so atrocious, I ended up changing all the grammar myself to make it look correct to the best of my ability.

ShaOWill, the movie will get its R1 release in April.

There are fansubs floating around, but I will say the ones I found were so atrocious, I ended up changing all the grammar myself to make it look correct to the best of my ability.

I took a quick look at the subs on the web... and frankly, you're better off without them... it's not the grammar that is the big problem here...

Dialogue: "In Okinawa, where karate was born 200 year ago, master Kurenai Shoujiro..."

Subs: "In a country. The birthplace of karate. Master Kurenai Shuziro..."

Dialogue: "Kurenai karate - karate for protecting (people)"

Subs: "Kurenai Karate. The best karate".

Dialogue: "The black belt was taken from him in front of his eyes"

Subs: "And it was an attack carried out by Kurenai sister shoziru kurubi"

Dialogue: "This is where our story begins"

Subs: "And he destroyed all the dojo"

uh654101283121134rs654001283089249godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facepalm-face-palm-epic-fail-demotivational-poster-1245384435.jpg

The above examples were all from the opening scene...

Taking a quick look at the rest of the film it became obvious the subs were made by someone who only knows very basic Japanese. The easiest dialogue (hello, I understand, wait, let's go etc.) is correctly translated, but the rest seems to be completely made up. The subber was probably guessing based on plot summary.

A few more examples

Scene: Rina demostrates a high kick for karate students

Dialogue: "Well, then... I need one more bottle. Let's begin"

Subtitles: "So... high kick. I will show a high kick technique. Please help"

Scene: two villains, a guy and a young girl, ask karate trainees to fight them

Dialogue: "If you're afraid of me, this little girl will fight you instead"

Subtitles: "I understand your problem, so Sonoko will fight"

* kono (this) + ko (child)

Scene: Rina is told the bad guys are after her black belt

Dialogue: "That black belt... is targeted"

Subtitles: Sakurobi... we will meet again

* kuro obi (black belt) has somehow mutated into "sakurobi", which sounds like someone's name

Scene: A movie theater employee tries to calm down people after Rina has stopped two thieves

Dialogue: "Please forgive us... the movies on screens 5, 7 and 8 will start soon. People who have tickets please advance to the entrance"

Subtitles: "Everyone, please forgive us. The theatre is opened. You can buy some food if you want. That is all. Thank you for you attention"

* you can buy some food... WTF??!! :tongue:

Archived