K.G. (aka Karate Girl) (2011)

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

Hi guys

I was in my local cinema in Tokyo this weekend and spotted this mysterious poster in the lobby for a movie called 'KG', coming in 2011.

It has very little information on the movie, and all I can get from the poster is that it's set in Yokohama, a city very close to Tokyo. I'm wondering if, based on the poster art, this is a sequel to 'High Kick Girl' and that the KG stands for 'Kick Girl'? Although that is purely a guess!

But it means that Japan is releasing a martial arts based movie that is actually going to be on the cinema, so that for me at least is cause for celebration. Even movies like Kurata-sans 'Ju-Jitsu' are straight to DVD releases over here, so anything on the big screen is worth catching, hopefully if my suspicions are correct, it will improve on a lot of the faults that 'High Kick Girl' had (such as half the movie being slow motion re-plays!).

post-203-144191888226_thumb.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that is really great news that a Martial Arts film is going to be getting a cinema release if they are pretty rare in Japan :bigsmile:

edit:

Rina Takeda - IMDB

Yep, it's got Rina Takeda from High Kick Girl, so it's very much looking like a sequel of some sort! Can't see a realease date for it yet.

And here's the official site.

http://www.t-joy.net/kg/

No trailer as of yet though :sad:

One Armed Boxer
Cool! Did the poster say if it was to be a spring or summer release?

It`s scheduled for a spring release.

No trailer as of yet though

Yeah, so far all they have in the form of a trailer is this! - http://www.youtube.com/user/KGofficialchannel Hardly anything special!

Is Yasuaki Kurata's "Jujutsu" out on DVD yet?

Yeah, has been for a long time, it`s a direct to DVD movie! Here`s a link to were you can pick it up - http://www.yesasia.com/us/ju-jitsu-dvd-japan-version/1021889041-0-0-0-en/info.html

Great news! I like Rina Takeda a lot, and we'll see Rina in other movies soon. After High Kick Girl she has been in "Shoujo Senshi Den Sion" and in next year, she'll be in "Future Fighters", aside great names like Gordon Liu and Yasuaki Kurata. And now, she's in tokusatsu series "Kodai Shoujo Tai Dogoon V" and she's very hot there.

KG is a promising movie. Curiosity: In Brazil, High Kick Girl was released as "Karate Girl", I remember this with that KG.

One Armed Boxer

Looks like the guys over at twitch have also got wind of the sequel -

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2010/10/she-still-kicks-high-and-she-wants-revenge-rina-takeda-returns-for-high-kick-girl-2.php

Great news! I like Rina Takeda a lot, and we'll see Rina in other movies soon. After High Kick Girl she has been in "Shoujo Senshi Den Sion" and in next year, she'll be in "Future Fighters", aside great names like Gordon Liu and Yasuaki Kurata. And now, she's in tokusatsu series "Kodai Shoujo Tai Dogoon V" and she's very hot there.

Metalhero...that`s great news, Twitch has also reported that she`ll have a part in the new season of the crazy Japanese TV show `Ancient Dogoo Girl`, in a bikini...

After seeing the trailer, I'll definitely look out for this one...

OK, so the Japanese are calling it KG, but according to Twitch, the full name is High Kick Girl II: Revenge? I wonder what will be the official title upon release. Should be quite interesting :D

The first one was sorry and the 2nd one looks even worst. The fighting looks so fake and it's just adds to the perception that the Japanese are pedophiles with her kicking with a skirt on. They need to bring back movies like Azumi and I can't wait to see 13 Assassins.

One Armed Boxer
the Japanese are pedophiles

& the most racist comment of the days goes too....sen_pai!

I have no idea where you`re from buddy, but I live in Tokyo, and trust me you`ll probably find more pedophiles where you are than here.

the perception that the Japanese are pedophiles...

Since you MUST be talking about your own perceptions.. I must congratulate you ! ..

You don't present yourself as someone even capable of having PERCEPTIONS !!

WELL DONE !!

Guest Markgway
it's just adds to the perception that the Japanese are pedophiles with her kicking with a skirt on.

What's she supposed to wear - a victorian dress?

And it's ridiuclous to suggest that said actress would appeal to paedophiles unless you think she looks 12?

lol what 'perception' is that? she wears bike pants anyway so it doesn't even fall into the 'pantie' category that sen-pai is suggesting.

Teaser trailer was Awesome!!!!

Not being racist but realistic. If you look at my name, it's obvious Japanese because I love Japanese culture for the most part. However, it's no doubt that pedophilia is huge in Japan. That's why videos and magazines of underage girls is popular. Japan also have a problem with compensated dating where adult men take out young underage girls. That's not my opinion...it was in the news! That don't happen where I live. If you live in Japan and don't see it, then you're just in denial. People who deny exist for some reason.

& the most racist comment of the days goes too....sen_pai!

I have no idea where you`re from buddy, but I live in Tokyo, and trust me you`ll probably find more pedophiles where you are than here.

Well, think about it. Japan has an obsessions with underage girls. Sexual Videos and magazines of underage girls is big business, as well as underage girl groups and underage girls in movies and tv shows.

What's one supposed to think if you see a young martial artists in underage school uniform? Most of the martial arts world don't dress like her...why would she??

What's she supposed to wear - a victorian dress?

And it's ridiuclous to suggest that said actress would appeal to paedophiles unless you think she looks 12?

One Armed Boxer
If you live in Japan and don't see it, then you're just in denial.

Yeah I live in Japan, forgive me for thinking this, but if gives me the right to have a slightly more subjective and first-hand opinion than yours. It is like if I met someone who has practiced martial arts for 20 years, and then me acting like I know more than him because I enjoy watching kung-fu movies. Experience is the best form of knowledge.

People who deny exist for some reason.

Man sometimes your posts come across as being by someone pretty smart, sometimes they come across as quite the opposite....but your posts are the most painful to read when you`re obviously "trying" to be smart. Save trying to make profound statments until you have enough to back it up with.

If you look at my name, it's obvious Japanese because I love Japanese culture for the most part.

Wow you`re right, senpai means senior...very self indulgent of you, if a little ironic.

If you look at my name, you`ll see that I love people with one arm, if they can box it`s a bonus.

That's why videos and magazines of underage girls is popular.

The girls who appear in these videos and magazines are NOT underage. It would be stupid for me to deny the schoolgirl image isn`t popular in Japan, so I`m not going to. However the girls you find in the magazines and videos are over 18 so are not underage, you will find the same situation in America. In fact you could say that the equivalent of the school girl image in the States is the cheerleader image. There are plenty of videos out there that cater to mens attraction to the image of a sexy cheerleader, just like there are many videos in Japan that to cater to mens attraction to the image of a sexy schoolgirl, but in both countries, the people in the video are not underage.

Japan also have a problem with compensated dating where adult men take out young underage girls.

This is a very underground problem in Japan, and of course it`s completely wrong. It is only a very small minority of society, the hentai`s as they are known, but never the less, I hope the Japan police force are able to stamp it out entirely sooner rather than later.

In regards to you telling me if I don`t see it then I`m in denial, jeez what do you think they do, parade around the streets with a school girl on their arm? Common sense.

Japan has an obsessions with underage girls

Like I said, it`s a very small minority of society, not JAPAN!! You have a serious problem with referencing a whole countries population, these mass generalisations are ridiculous, you can`t just stereotype a whole country as pedophiles.

What's one supposed to think if you see a young martial artists in underage school uniform?

Ummm...she`s a school girl that practices karate, it`s not such a big suspension of disbelief that she would be wearing a school unifrom. I know you think all Korean movies suck, but Kwon Sang-Woo also has a school uniform on during his fights in `Once Upon a Time in Highschool`. If a movie is set in a school environment, don`t be so surprised when they`re wearing a school uniform.

The fighting looks so fake and it's just adds to the perception that the Japanese are pedophiles with her kicking with a skirt on.

Have you ever seen any of the most popular `girls with guns` movies from HK back in the 80`s and early 90`s, stuff like `Yes Madam`? Michelle Yeoh shows a lot more that Rina Takeda does believe me, I guess that means everyone from Hong Kong is a pervert.

Guest Markgway

I think it's worth mentioning at this point that paedophilia is sexual interest in a child under the age of 13.

That's not the same as attraction to an underage girl (or boy).

Therefore that term is not applicable to this film in which the girl in question is clearly over 12.

Living in Japan doesn't mean you're right over me when you're in denial. That's like a Catholic Priest telling a Buddhist monk that there is no sex scandal. The facts are the facts and it's no doubt that underage sexual content is widely available in Japan. There's no shortage of Japanese people living in Japan that would disagree with that.

They over 18? Gosh man! You cannot convince me an 11 years old is 18...you just can't!

I'm not saying most or all, but what I am saying is that it's a big problem. First you got all this Junior Idol crap, with underage girls in thongs and sexual poses, which is all legal. Then you got general entertainment with girl groups and actresses who are underage. Then you got women in general talking like little girls. Then you got the fact that I think 25%-33% of Japanese underage girls at one point took part in compensated dating with adult males. Then look at all the anime with tall guy and very little underage girl.

Get a clue! Japan has a fascination with little girls. Even if the girl is not underage, they try to make them look underage, and that is the point I'm making with this movie. There's just so many entertainment with underage girls or women protrayed as underage.

You mention the Korean and HK movie, but I'm not judging that. They're just 2 movies. On the other hand, underage girls being sexualized in Japanese entertainment is so widespread.

Yeah I live in Japan, forgive me for thinking this, but if gives me the right to have a slightly more subjective and first-hand opinion than yours. It is like if I met someone who has practiced martial arts for 20 years, and then me acting like I know more than him because I enjoy watching kung-fu movies. Experience is the best form of knowledge.

Man sometimes your posts come across as being by someone pretty smart, sometimes they come across as quite the opposite....but your posts are the most painful to read when you`re obviously "trying" to be smart. Save trying to make profound statments until you have enough to back it up with.

Wow you`re right, senpai means senior...very self indulgent of you, if a little ironic.

If you look at my name, you`ll see that I love people with one arm, if they can box it`s a bonus.

The girls who appear in these videos and magazines are NOT underage. It would be stupid for me to deny the schoolgirl image isn`t popular in Japan, so I`m not going to. However the girls you find in the magazines and videos are over 18 so are not underage, you will find the same situation in America. In fact you could say that the equivalent of the school girl image in the States is the cheerleader image. There are plenty of videos out there that cater to mens attraction to the image of a sexy cheerleader, just like there are many videos in Japan that to cater to mens attraction to the image of a sexy schoolgirl, but in both countries, the people in the video are not underage.

This is a very underground problem in Japan, and of course it`s completely wrong. It is only a very small minority of society, the hentai`s as they are known, but never the less, I hope the Japan police force are able to stamp it out entirely sooner rather than later.

In regards to you telling me if I don`t see it then I`m in denial, jeez what do you think they do, parade around the streets with a school girl on their arm? Common sense.

Like I said, it`s a very small minority of society, not JAPAN!! You have a serious problem with referencing a whole countries population, these mass generalisations are ridiculous, you can`t just stereotype a whole country as pedophiles.

Ummm...she`s a school girl that practices karate, it`s not such a big suspension of disbelief that she would be wearing a school unifrom. I know you think all Korean movies suck, but Kwon Sang-Woo also has a school uniform on during his fights in `Once Upon a Time in Highschool`. If a movie is set in a school environment, don`t be so surprised when they`re wearing a school uniform.

Have you ever seen any of the most popular `girls with guns` movies from HK back in the 80`s and early 90`s, stuff like `Yes Madam`? Michelle Yeoh shows a lot more that Rina Takeda does believe me, I guess that means everyone from Hong Kong is a pervert.

One Armed Boxer
fellas, I think we have got abit off-topic here lol, the threads about KG not about underage girls. just sayin

Agreed. Thankfully sen_pai has made me see the error of my ways. Here I was thinking that living in Japan for 2 years had given me a pretty good grasp of the culture and lifestyle, but as he pointed out

Living in Japan doesn't mean you're right over me when you're in denial

I guess I know nothing.

So, let`s get back on topic....from the country of underage girls in thongs (apparently legal), where women in general talk like little girls (I guess I`ve somehow avoided these women), and 25% - 33% of underage girls have took part in compensated dating with adult males (he "thinks") comes - KG!!!

Agreed. Thankfully sen_pai has made me see the error of my ways. Here I was thinking that living in Japan for 2 years had given me a pretty good grasp of the culture and lifestyle, but as he pointed out

I guess I know nothing.

So, let`s get back on topic....from the country of underage girls in thongs (apparently legal), where women in general talk like little girls (I guess I`ve somehow avoided these women), and 25% - 33% of underage girls have took part in compensated dating with adult males (he "thinks") comes - KG!!!

Go DADDY !!!!!!!!!!!:wink::tongue::xd:

Sincerely, from JAPAN WITH LOVE ...:kiss:

Archived