Shaolin and Wu Tang

Kennedy Il Sung

Kennedy Il Sung

This is one of my favorite Kung Fu movies, I especially love that opening scene, but it has such a terrible release (the only one I've seen has bad pic quality, burned in subs, and English dub). I was wondering if there are any better versions or there or if there is a chance of this being restored.

Thanks for any help.

sifu iron perm
There is a nice fan made dvd available on line. I'd suggest running a search on the forums. There's a lot of information available about it!

is that version ava @ Flk?

i own the eastern heroes and some eng dub version.

The Amazing Psycho Per

No, it's available on torrents sites. It was custom made by a fan. It's mostly sourced from the french widescreen DVD that was released a couple years ago. Since the french edition was only 77 minutes, he incorporated the missing footage (about 7 minutes)that he took from the fullscreen edition. It has french, english and cantonese audio, as well as custom english subs. The french edition isn't pristine, but this custom DVD is by far the best version available at the moment...

amelia.john011

This movie will certainly be of interest to fans of martial arts, but low production values and an uncertain scenario may put others off. The incredible talent of Gordon Liu and Adam Cheng to one of my favorite kung fu classic movies.If seeing you at the height of his talent, this film is a great place to start.

11 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

The weird thing is this looks and sounds like a Shaws film but isn't one. Did they distribute it?

With so many Shaws' stars in it (Gordon Liu, Adam Cheng, Wang Lung Wei, Ching Li and other ones I don't remember), no wonder that it looks like a Shaws' movie !

• Like 2

FightingFool

According to HKMDB distributor was Hing Fat Film Company. Tho lau kar leung is credited as producer and martial arts director did read years ago he actually directed quite a lot of the movie. Wheter that is correct or not does not matter it`s great movie and indeed has full Shaw atmosphere in it. Intro is one of best ever in martial arts flicks, some slick swordplay vs monk formation. It`s not top tier imo tho, was not quite pleased how things between wang lung wei, liu chia hui and adam cheng were scripted in the end.

• Like 3