Update on To Kill A Mastermind

HAZ

Aren't some of you guys on this forum tech savy enough to translate and burn, embed, some subtitles on the film? Why wait for a company to do it, do it the old fashioned way, bootleg it.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aren't some of you guys on this forum tech savy enough to translate and burn, embed, some subtitles on the film? Why wait for a company to do it, do it the old fashioned way, bootleg it.

It is too time consuming extracting embedded subtitles, I know for me it is. I try not to transcribe that much since timing from scratch takes along time depending on how much talking there is. However, if you can type 40 or more wpm than you can probably do it under a few hrs.

It is too time consuming extracting embedded subtitles, I know for me it is. I try not to transcribe that much since timing from scratch takes along time depending on how much talking there is. However, if you can type 40 or more wpm than you can probably do it under a few hrs.

I can type 60 wpm actually, I'm just saying, bravo to Celestial for remastering the film but its obvious they have no plans, none that we can see, that they plan on releasing it on DVD, if fans don't produce the film themselves we'll just be waiting another 20 years, this is just part 2 of the bootleg existence of To Kill A Mastermind.

This is great I finally got to make these gifs I've been wanting to make. And I have a slightly better understanding of the story. It would be great if they had Lady Exterminator. I don't know anything about Thunderclap, but from what I've seen it looks goofy. What's the word on that one? I don't dig these later ones too much with the Nintendo sounds and Bruce Leroy effects.

chishavseagle.gif

tkam2.gif

My mind won't stop turning. It keeps asking questions like "Why now?" "Why so many?" "Why tell everybody that they are not getting remasterd?" and "How long have they been remasterd?" I also find myself in a moral delima. I was considering asking people if they could custom sub these, what were considered yesterday as lost gems, and load them up on some torrent site for everybody to enjoy. But at the same time I'm thinking that I should just wait for Celistial to release them properly. Celestial has done a few dumb things in the past, but over all they have done a tremendous amount of great things for the kung fu comunity and should be respected.

I agree with you 100%. If anything we should be banging on Celestial Pictures door demanding these releases on DVD! It would be a tragedy to views these remastered gems as bootlegs and never on DVD.:sad:

Guest Markgway

The Big Fellow was only distributed by Shaw Bros and is actually a Taiwanese film.

Oh, and I wouldn't bother telling Celestial about these uploads unless you want to see them pulled.

I agree with you 100%. If anything we should be banging on Celestial Pictures door demanding these releases on DVD! It would be a tragedy to views these remastered gems as bootlegs and never on DVD.:sad:
We've been doing that for years, Celestial has never given a satisfactory response to releasing these films, with that said I would prefer a legitimate release if possible. What and when was the last Shaw Celestial/IVL released?

Oh, and I wouldn't bother telling Celestial about these uploads unless you want to see them pulled.

Exactly. Just like the Shaw stills, there will be one person who will spoil the party, so grab 'em while you can.

odioustrident
The Big Fellow was only distributed by Shaw Bros and is actually a Taiwanese film.

As I said, this is an example of how Celestial has been putting non-Shaw titles up on their channel. At least thats what I was told.

How is the framerate on these Iku processed videos?

We've been doing that for years, Celestial has never given a satisfactory response to releasing these films, with that said I would prefer a legitimate release if possible. What and when was the last Shaw Celestial/IVL released?

You've about as much chance of a legit release as you are of achieving cold fusion. Some fansubbed copies are gonna be the best there is of these.

Guest Markgway
As I said, this is an example of how Celestial has been putting non-Shaw titles up on their channel. At least thats what I was told.

Yes, Shaw Bros distributed a fair few films they didn't produce (ie. the Eternal films) and many of them ended up with Celestial; many, it appears, didn't. A lack of info often makes it tricky to tell which of these films are genuine Shaw co-productions (ie. Battle for the Republic of China) and which they distributed only (ie. The Big Fellow).

I know I said The Big Fellow was Taiwanese, but technically it's a Hong Kong film, made by Hwa Kuo (HK) but filmed in Taiwan. But that's a whole other minefield... lol

Regardless of origin this is another title we need subbed so if there are any Mandarin speakers out there with free time............... :wink:

kungfusamurai

How is the framerate on these Iku processed videos?

The iku downloads have the same frame rate as the pieces, which is 15fps. I converted one video into .avi at 29.97. It's still choppy looking, but watchable. I don't know if the 15 fps is the fault of the uploader, the system of recording in China, or the .flv format that Youku accepts.

KFS

odioustrident

It would be nice if some other people confirmed this, but I think I heard that Celestial is showing films on their channel that were neither distributed nor produced by Shaw Bros.

It just so happens Big Fellow has a connection to Shaw Bros (or its not a coincidence?). Lots of information floating around, who knows.....

I was also told Celestial grabbed the distro rights to Magic Ring, or something along those lines.

The Silver Fox

So, is this thread going to be sent to the region 1 company that was thinking of putting a legit release of TKAM out, ha,ha?

"Swell news company X, a remastered print of TKAM has been dug up online and rampant downloading of said title has ensued. This encouraging developement should seal the deal as far as deciding whether to purchase the rights to this rare title and give it a proper release."

kungfusamurai
Exactly. Just like the Shaw stills, there will be one person who will spoil the party, so grab 'em while you can.

It'll probably be someone with a bootleg copy who's pissed that they can't sell it for $30 each.

KFS

You've about as much chance of a legit release as you are of achieving cold fusion. Some fansubbed copies are gonna be the best there is of these.

If someone creates a fan subbed and dubbed :bigsmile: version I'll buy it!

kungfusamurai
So, is this thread going to be sent to the region 1 company that was thinking of putting a legit release of TKAM out, ha,ha?

"Swell news company X, a remastered print of TKAM has been dug up online and rampant downloading of said title has ensued. This encouraging developement should seal the deal as far as deciding whether to purchase the rights to this rare title and give it a proper release."

No need to send the thread. Heck, there's no need to even send the youku link. Just show them the .flv video as evidence that Celestial has remastered the print and they're sitting on it, at least outside of playing it on Mainland China TV.

KFS

Wow. I step away from the forum one day and TKAM is found... what are the chances? Kind of a surreal experience watching the opening credits for TKAM remastered, never thought I'd see the day. I agree with whoever said there should be a separate thread for all these finds.

How to proceed? Not really sure, but I think the method that is being used to get some rare Japanese films might be the best way... find someone over there willing to record from tv at ~30fps onto DVD and then do a fan-sub project. I don't know how far anyone is going to get with Celestial, definitely looks like their DVD production run has come to an end and they're focusing on their channel instead.

Incredible day though!

How long does an Iku download from under the video take on average? Can't understand Chinese so don't know if I'm doing it right...

How long does an Iku download from under the video take on average? Can't understand Chinese so don't know if I'm doing it right...

Not sure about Iku but the clipnabber site took +/- 5 minutes per section (x 14 parts)

In the client window, you'll see the amount downloaded in MB's, next to that you'll see your actual download speed in KBPS. As long as it's downloading, it won't take long. If you're getting no speed, highlight the download in the client so it turns bright blue, then click the green downward arrow at the top of the page.

Cheers Teako, I've been going about 45/50 mins, so guess I might just be being impatient!

Kaley, I don't know about the client window, I'm not techno savvy tbh, everything I can see is only in Chinese, I've got two icons at the bottom of my screen by the time, one of them is rotating a hand like a clock, the other stationary... I'm hoping when it stops rotating I'll find the files in my youku documents... here's hoping. I'm a massive luddite, rare to get me downloading anything - can't pass this chance up though.

kungfusamurai

I don't read chinese either, but I figured it out pretty quick.

As for the dl speed, that all depends on your connection and how many things you are already downloading. The faster stuff I had come down only took maybe 10 to 15 minutes. Each file of 1 1/2hr movie is approx 150-180mb. I've had some stuff come down at 100+kbps.

I didn't realize Iku brought down the files as one piece until I tried it. Still, some videos have been uploaded onto youku as 2 pieces, so the flv joiner I found will be useful.

KFS

The Amazing Psycho Per

WOW! This is beyond huge!!!

Kaleyboy should be voted member of the year!!! Thanks!

Downloading this right now.

Archived