Update on To Kill A Mastermind

HAZ

odioustrident

I can't believe this is happening.

I was told that Celestial has its own channel (?) and that they've also been putting out non-Shaw titles that they bought the rights for (remastered, wide).

Someone grabbed the Charles Heung film Big Showdown off a tv recording that had been uploaded on youku. The dvd format looks pretty choppy, with a few glitches, but I'm hoping some tech-savvy people can work it out!

I also heard that Magic Ring is now in Celestial's hands (at least the rights) and that they may put it out on tv. Don't want to create any hype that isn't there, but who knows after this shit!

There are people on the forums that know the whole story, hopefully they will speak up on this. (see tantao already has)

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway

This is a fucking awesome find.

I new about Youku but never dreamed they would have rare Shaws.

As soon as someone has managed to add English Subs to To Kill a Mastermind, Purple Darts, and This Man Is Dangerous please PM me...

kungfusamurai

Someone grabbed the Charles Heung film Big Showdown off a Celestial tv recording that had been uploaded on youku. The dvd format looks pretty choppy, with a few glitches, but I'm hoping some tech-savvy people can work it out!

Do you have the link to The Big Showdown upload?

One other thing to say is that many of us have wept thinking that a lot of those classic kung fu films were lost or destroyed and will never see the light of day in their original language and/or aspect ratio. Maybe that isn't the case after all, and someone in mainland China is digging these films out and dusting them off for TV play? God bless them for that!

KFS

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Some movies have subs seems the non Shaws. Clicked on A Sword Named Revenge complete w/subs.

GD Y-Y

kungfusamurai
Some movies have subs seems the non Shaws. Clicked on A Sword Named Revenge complete w/subs.

GD Y-Y

I put up a link to Revenge of Shaolin Kid in the Invincible Armor thread I created in the classic kung fu forum. That print is widescreen with english subs.

KFS

INow as for downloading these, from that site you can download a small bit of software called: Iku 2.1 (it's a download manager made for that site).!

I do not find it:ooh::ooh::nerd:

emeraldforest

you are da man!!!

my wife and i would be happy to translate, this version is Mandarin no subs, would take about 10 hours work, then time and sub it...

if dvd quality , watching the streaming now,it is great !!!

Qi Sha

is the Chinese title, SEVEN KILLERS or SEVEN GHOSTS or SEVEN SWORDSMEN or SEVEN EVIL SPIRITS the character has multiple meanings, thinking '7 evil spirits' is the correct title.

anyone else have some insight into this?

you see why translating can take so long, lol

of course the more fighting there is the less time it takes :)

cheers!

I'm having huge problems getting the portions of flv from clipnabber (TKAM). It does parts 1-7 fine, then parts 8, 10, 12 and 13 all start downloading with a size of around 12 or 13 MB. However, they reach a certain point, then kill themselves way short. Part 10, for example, stopped at 5mb, and declared itself complete. When I play that clip in VLC, it reads as being around 7 minutes long, but it reaches just over 3 minutes then quits out. Part 12 downloaded at a size of 522K! I restarted it and it reached 2MB before deciding it couldn't be bothered anymore. How frustrating.

Use the method layed out in my posts instead. Downloads each movie as a single file.

I'm trying this :bigsmile:

Is there a default place it saves on the harddrive?

I'm trying this :bigsmile:

Is there a default place it saves on the harddrive?

Yes, documents, youku, inside it will download the files. They only appear once the download completes.

odioustrident
Do you have the link to The Big Showdown upload?

One other thing to say is that many of us have wept thinking that a lot of those classic kung fu films were lost or destroyed and will never see the light of day in their original language and/or aspect ratio. Maybe that isn't the case after all, and someone in mainland China is digging these films out and dusting them off for TV play? God bless them for that!

KFS

Sorry I meant Big Fellow! Little too excited over here...

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTgxMDEwNDcy.html

Looked for Champion of Champions, can't find it.

kungfusamurai
Sorry I meant Big Fellow! Little too excited over here...

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTgxMDEwNDcy.html

Looked for Champion of Champions, can't find it.

Damn that looks crisp and clean!!! I wish I had someone over there who could record these for me off the air. :(

Perhaps these will appear on satellite service? If anyone finds out what stations are showing them over in China definitely post the names here so we can see if they can be picked up in North America.

Edit: I was looking for a more efficient program to download these pieces, and I didn't find Iku (the link said the file couldn't be downloaded anymore), but I did find this program. I guess there isn't any program that can append them as a stream from the website, rather than processing the pieces afterward.

http://www.xmlbar.com/download.php?type=youku〈=English

KFS

kungfusamurai

I edited this because HJSplit messes up the time code on the file when they're joined, so it only thinks there a 7 minute file even though it's all the pieces joined together.

I found a joiner that puts them together properly (it correctly formatted the output's running time as 1 1/2 hrs when I joined I Will Finally Knock You Down, Dad). No re-encoding either.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Andys_FLV_Joiner

KFS

I'm just happy to be here to witness the day we learned these rare titles exist and are remastered. This is like many of your wishes come true! Kaleyboy you have opened a Pandora's Box on the martial world!

Iku is the best means for dl'ing these films. The quality is like an RMVB. Its got digital artifacts, but it's not too bad.

emeraldforest
Iku is the best means for dl'ing these films. The quality is like an RMVB. Its got digital artifacts, but it's not too bad.

it looked very good quality to me, 10,000 times better than the old print currently in circulation!!!

i did download iku2.1 today and it worked very well, just finished watching TKAM

brilliant film! enjoyed it very much!:bigsmile:

hope we can sub it and share with you all soonest, if celestial wont send thier ninjas after us :crossedlips:

they should release it themselves, why remaster it and just sit on it for tv showings?

I asked my friend to contact the uploader at youku and see if he's willing to send him a DVD copy for a small price or trade. I'll see if he may be interested in translating Thunder Clap and This Man is Dangerous. Now if someone plan to translate TKAM and can have it finish before the end of December, please let me know so I can tell my friend to stop with the translation.

Archived