Update on To Kill A Mastermind

HAZ

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

That is the problem the choppiness effect. It won't work for me. Plus no subs. There is an answer to this. These prints MUST be on the market somewhere.

Its got to be Hong Kong.

It now will become clear I am sure.

Good night and thanks for this.

GD Y-Y

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kungfusamurai

They're all Mandarin dubs, so I'm thinking Taiwan or mainland China. I'd lean to the latter.

Didn't someone say somewhere that Celestial was starting up a cable network, or broadcasting their shaws in HK? Maybe they did the same in the mainland, hence these Mandarin dubs.

KFS

I'm not sure they're in the market anywhere - surely someone would have discovered them by now? I'm betting someone from either SB or Celestial (former employee?) had access to these and loaned them out to someone who then loaned them to someone else, etc. Eventually someone along the line uploaded them.

But you're correct, we do need proper releases of these with subs - but for the moment, this looks like its as good as it gets.

kungfusamurai

Black Enforcer

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjE4MTk0MDcy.html

I just clicked on one of the videos in the window on the right. I'm trying to figure out how to get all the uploads from this same person (I'm guessing it's all by one person). Youku is similar in design to youtube, as far as I can tell. Except for the little pieces.

Edit: Figured it out. Here's all their uploads. Happy browsing!

http://u.youku.com/user_video/id_UNzg0NTc0ODA=_order_1_type_1_page_1.html

KFS

kungfusamurai
Thanks KFS. That helped me alot.... Holy crap there is 32 pages!

Yes, this guy's been pretty busy. :) I've found some stuff that they probably took from DVD, like 7 Grandmaster, so it's a mixture of sources. The nice thing is they're all widescreen! :)

KFS

well i watched the movie from start to finish. EXCELLENT. hard to follow the story without subs but the fights were amazing. now the question is why. why has celestial been misleading about this movie and possibly others. i have said since day one that they haven't always been truthful and this is just more proof. i bet they have lots of movies finished that their not admitting to and also have the english dubs to most of them. Linn once told me that he believed that every shaw action movie was dubbed and that celestial probably had them all. i guess HAZ can now tell that company he's been talking to that a remastered version does exit and also inform them to try to get the dub version as well. i.m tired--nearly 1 am here--time to turn in---i'll bet this thread livens up now. good nite.:khi5e:

TKAM downloaded and Purple Darts to go:bigsmile:.

Thx a lot.I do not watch TKAM yet, keep waiting for a while news about possible release.

I searched for the following but wasn't able to find any of these:

171023 Shadow Girl

173033 The Gambling Syndicate

178016 Godfathers's Fury

179006 The Reckless Cricket

180024 Lover's Blades

181005 Revenge Of The Corpse

185004 This Man Is Dangerous

And oh yes, just for chuckles, I did try Tiger Boy - no luck.

This Man is Dangerous was up before.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTc4NzQzNzky.html

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTc4NDIwNjUy.html

thank you PAI MEI but how I can combine each part together ?

I watch them with VLC mediaplayer.Easy to create playlist...As for burning to dvd yet to sort it out:nerd:

I'm hitting up EVERY Chinese P2P site I know. I've called up some Chinese friends & we're going to search the heck out of the interwebs trying to get a good recording of these movies!

If you know Chinese speakers, have you thought of contacting the uploader on youku about getting hold of better copies from them?

Wow, I had no idea I was gonna cause such a stir by finding this. Well done everyone for diggging in and finding more rare movies. Now we need to track down who has these on DVD; someone in Hong Kong, China or Taiwan will have them. For the chinese speakers, the best way is to join that site as a member (sign-ups are very easy), and then PM/message the uploaders and offer some cold, hard cash. It's a heck of a motivator! Now as for downloading these, from that site you can download a small bit of software called: Iku 2.1 (it's a download manager made for that site). Install it, and then underneath each video player on the right, you'll see a little green arrow. Click it and the movie will then download as a single file which can be converted easilly to DVD with convertXtoDVD. The site let's all members download unlimited videos for free. I've downloaded about a 100 from there since last week!!! Have fun!

loempiavreter
If you know Chinese speakers, have you thought of contacting the uploader on youku about getting hold of better copies from them?

Maybe a fundraising project like Massacre Survivor, Jamal's Rarescope project, and Haz's, 13 steps of maki. I would love to chip into it for TKAM and Thunderclap (if there's interest for that one).

2010 is such a beatiful year.

tantao3-son of tantao2

...for the facts again:

1. how many times did tantao tell that TKAM was remastered???!!!

2. these are all from chinese TV

3. how many times did sadshawfan tell you that the Shaw film library was mainly remastered for future TV releases...these HK dvd releases were a "side" business...

4. the problem is NOT Celestial, there is NO dvd company which wants to release the yet unreleased movies...

Archived