Update on To Kill A Mastermind

HAZ

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi folks,

I will contact the dvd company on Moday to see if they want to make any kind of statement about the potential of this release. I know they've seen the petition and have looked at the thread,

Thanks!

emeraldforest
Hi folks,

I will contact the dvd company on Moday to see if they want to make any kind of statement about the potential of this release. I know they've seen the petition and have looked at the thread,

Thanks!

interest continues to grow, i would love a decent copy of this classic film

:bigsmile:

What's the word on Magnificent Spearman?

The lead suffered a back injury on KILLER CONSTABLE according to a magazine article which shut this other movie down. I assume whatever scenes he did for the Kuei picture were scrapped and, or shot with someone else.

So Tin Chi was in, but subbed out for who? If he was a "good guy" I could see him playing Ngaai Fei's role. The only real bad guys I remember are Yuen Hua and Pai Piao. I don't know the other 2 guys' names off the top (helmet guy/spear guy). I loved this movie, but why can't I remember it? The whole blind girl twist was so sad.

Anything with Kwan Feng and a spear I want to see. I'm with Iron Boat on this one in that I almost wish I hadn't heard about it now. And Tin Chi looks very much like a Sentimental Swordsman clone in that pic (which is cool).

Hi folks,

Thanks!

HAZ thanks for all your support and work on this. It's greatly appreciated.

loempiavreter
HAZ thanks for all your support and work on this. It's greatly appreciated.

+1

A viewable copy of TKAM is long time kung fu wish!

kungfusamurai
I don't believe Magnificent Spearman was ever completed.

If they still have the negatives, it would be great to see whatever they have. Maybe they could edit it together to make a short film? Unfortunately they'd also have to invest time in sound post-production with dialogue and foley, and that costs money.

KFS

I don't believe Magnificent Spearman was ever completed.

Yes, I mentioned that in my post about this particular movie.

I don't know who he was subbed out with. It only mentioned that he suffered an injury shooting KILLER CONSTABLE. Chang Cheh mentions this accident in his memoir talking about Kuei Chi Hung regarding Wai, but doesn't state the name of the movie.

Lee Chung Wah was the spear guy and Kwan Young Moon was the helmet-kicker guy.

Well,are all shaws whch celestial have remastered released already?

Instead of releasing stuff on r1 already available officially on r3 I would love to see I finally knock you down dad,thunderclap and lovers blades get released.

loempiavreter
Hi folks,

Thanks!

Did you manage to contact them?

Well Blood Sword, why don't you join me in emailing the CEO of Celestial then? Perhaps if he receives enough requests, he will consider releasing them.

He can be reached at:ross.pollack@celestialpictures.com

I thought about that a little while back but wanted to get some bg info on him before taking the plunge.

Ross Pollack, another American, (btw why does Celestial keep hiring Americans because its obvious Americans don't like kungfu -- haha) would seem to be someone who "might" appreciate these old school films if you look at his background.

From my limited research, he went to Pace University (NYC) and probably graduated around 1983. This would make him about 50. He supposedly grew up in Brooklyn and Livingston, NJ (both within range of the city's "Black Belt Theater" broadcasts on WNEW) and was in his teens during the 70s - when Times Square was saturated in KF films. Whether he was a fan of these films back then is hard to say but I was looking for an angle to reach him.

He seems to have had an interesting career thus far and I'm sure his main priority is making Celestial the most profitable company it can be. Hard to say how much of a love affair he has for these old movies (if he ever had one at all) but we can always hope.

I suggest, if anyone does write him, to come across as professional and be as concise as possible. He gets hit with a bunch of "Yo - TKAM is the bomb sucka. It needs to be put out dawg" emails and I doubt he'll be swayed.

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah, This Man is Dangerous, and now this? There's probably a lot more remastered. I wonder if there is a thief who worked for Celestial and is giving fans what they want. Or maybe Celestial is just holding back. :ooh:

Guys, been doing some detective work on this one, and either I'm very mistaken, or is this not To Kill A Mastermind remastered? Please take a look:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjE4MTkwODQ0.html

I might be wrong, not 100% sure.

Three thumbs up kaleyboy !!

First time I've seen this wide.

Now to figure out how to download this sucker!

Again. thanks for finding this :bigsmile:

Archived