Update on To Kill A Mastermind

HAZ

TibetanWhiteCrane

Even I am getting sick of the tone on this forum. And I usually don't bitch about stuff like that. But the negativity in here is really starting to overshadow the positivity. Don't get me wrong, I don't want this to become another passive agressive board, where heavy censorship rules, and people can't speak their mind, but Damn!!! Common courtesy and benefit of doubt seems to be a lost art in here:sad:

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway
Those who have them will most likely trade with their friends, who in turn will trade with theirs, etc. So eventually they may get to the real fans. But I'm curious, what exactly is a real fan?:xd: I mean, how on earth would you define such a thing?:tongue:

I would say a real fan is someone who shares because they love these movies. Dubious fans are ones who want to get 'their cut' and/or hoard titles from the plebs.

the bootleg is now torrented somewhere cool...

Everything gets torrented within days of its release. It really doesn't matter if it's a legit release or a bootleg, it gets torrented anyway. Seems to be the modern way of getting movies.

I would say a real fan is someone who shares because they love these movies. Dubious fans are ones who want to get 'their cut' and/or hoard titles from the plebs.

So following your reasoning, us 4 guys at FuSubs would be dubious fans because we released 20 movies that were never subbed before and because we were selling them for $7 instead of uploading them for free we are dubious fans? If that's the case, your definition is pure bullshit to me.

The Silver Fox

IVL had their chance to release TKAM and didn't,a Region1 company was looking into and decided not to. Thankfully The Fu Subs team actually took the time to get a watchable version out there with very good subtitles and I appreciate their effort.

Now, the version ripped from the ZiiEagle is available with improved video quality. I ordered mine right away. I can't wait for Return of the Corpse-if anybody reading this is in any way affiliated with the ZiiEagle rips-please get Return of the Corpse out there,I'll purchase it.

a REAL Kung Fu Movie Fan is someone who is

a) a Lover of the Movies

B) has them as unreachable Prints mastered in HD

c) gives them all out for free, not even expecting a Thanks, but only gets Hate.

d) is a Millionaire who does not need to care for the Money he must spent to even get his hands on the Stuff mentioned in B)

a REAL Idiot is

a) a Lover of the Movies

B) has nothing to trade because he's not willing to buy something rare when opportunity arises

c) is not willing to waste a Cent for anything Rare thus never having the "Feel" how it is to finally have a Rarity in his hands are YEARS of hunting

d) a griefer who only moans around in Forums but still not getting any of the Stuff he never was ever after in the first place - only after he read it somewhere

a REAL Kung Fu Movie Fan is someone who is

a) a Lover of the Movies

B) has them as unreachable Prints mastered in HD

c) gives them all out for free, not even expecting a Thanks, but only gets Hate.

d) is a Millionaire who does not need to care for the Money he must spent to even get his hands on the Stuff mentioned in B)

a REAL Idiot is

a) a Lover of the Movies

B) has nothing to trade because he's not willing to buy something rare when opportunity arises

c) is not willing to waste a Cent for anything Rare thus never having the "Feel" how it is to finally have a Rarity in his hands are YEARS of hunting

d) a griefer who only moans around in Forums but still not getting any of the Stuff he never was ever after in the first place - only after he read it somewhere

HAHAHAHA!!!! This is so true; have to agree with you 100% there, Spannick.

Guest Markgway
So following your reasoning, us 4 guys at FuSubs would be dubious fans because we released 20 movies that were never subbed before and because we were selling them for $7 instead of uploading them for free we are dubious fans? If that's the case, your definition is pure bullshit to me.

You already know how I feel on this matter. We agreed to a truce a while back so let's leave it at that.

You already know how I feel on this matter. We agreed to a truce a while back so let's leave it at that.

Good idea!

odioustrident

Nobody on this forum is getting their "cut" unless they're charging $20.00 or so per film. The real hoarders seem to be older collectors mostly, and again no one actively posting on this forum. As long as you have that clear I agree with you 100% Markgway.

See what i mean, nothing is even being sold here yet, even the mention of money for custom DVD breaks out into arguments.

I firmly believe, that unless your an official incensed retailer a person should not try to make (profiteer) money from custom

DVDs. I mean those people who sell them are only fans, they should give them back to the fans for free! :crossedlips: WTF?

Most people including myself do it for free, we don't even put our names on it, let alone try to promote ourselves. There really

are a lot of unspoken heroes out there who do everything including paying for translations you never hear about. Why is it you

hardly see their names mentioned, well, they never ask for recognition above a level of being recognized ''as the one''

who gave it back to the community free. If people (and i shall name no-one), want to make a profit of this that's up to them.

Stiller and all the rest belong in the same category though IMO. After all this griping about To Kill a mastermind, is a turn off,

i don't even really want to see the movie anymore.

Daigoro--

RogueWarrior

I know for a fact that one said bootlegger who sold this visits these forums and has seen this thread.

I can give you his Ebay user id and a nice email he sent me.

After all this griping about To Kill a mastermind, is a turn off,

I wouldn't advise that.

I watched this movie last week and it is fucking sweet :xd:

odioustrident

Daigoro and whomever else....... no one is making money on custom projects! How do you define profit margins? I can't believe this is still an issue!!!!

Daigoro and whomever else....... no one is making money on custom projects! How do you define profit margins? I can't believe this is still an issue!!!!

I would definitley agree with you. Some groups and individuals out there are charging what I beleive to be a pittance, and in return they supply a cool film that is either unavailble full stop, or unavailable with subtitles. And some of them also do covers for the films. I don't seem to have yet come accross a place where I can get:

i - free blank DVDs

ii - free DVD cases

iii - free paper

iv- free printer catridges

v - free jiffy bags

Damn, I really must be looking in the wrong places!

Originally Posted by Daigoro

I firmly believe, that unless your an official incensed retailer a person should not try to make (profiteer) money from custom DVDs. I mean those people who sell them are only fans, they should give them back to the fans for free!

Talking about FuSubs here? Sorry, I disagree. If someone makes the extremely time-consuming effort to create adequate and gramatically impeccable subs for unsubbed films, furthermore cleans them up and designs totally fitting cover art, they should charge money! I mean, I gladly transfer the chicken-fee they’re aking for to ‘em!

The gist of my argument was against commercial bootleggers who simply steal films. A lotta work went into the creation of that ZiiEagle box, check out their website and you’ll get an idea.

Again, for me there’s nothing wrong if fans trade copies of rare films, very few of us have a grand to spare for the box and can afford a stopover in Singapore on their next vacation. But there’s a hell of a difference between people who just bootleg movies to make money and those who add value to rare films by painstakingly translating them, making them look better (not worse!) and putting some thought into creating matching artwork.

Originally Posted by The Silver Fox

I can't wait for Return of the Corpse-if anybody reading this is in any way affiliated with the ZiiEagle rips-please get Return of the Corpse out there,I'll purchase it.

Oh bwoy… encourage this fucker to milk his ZiiEagle and shit out as many boots as he can, that’s what you’re doing. Since you know as good as I do that all these will be available on torrent sites soon, why don’t you just wait and download them instead of throwing money at parasites and sending them wish-lists in public?

See what i mean, nothing is even being sold here yet, even the mention of money for custom DVD breaks out into arguments.

I firmly believe, that unless your an official incensed retailer a person should not try to make (profiteer) money from custom

DVDs. I mean those people who sell them are only fans, they should give them back to the fans for free! :crossedlips: WTF?

Most people including myself do it for free, we don't even put our names on it, let alone try to promote ourselves. There really

are a lot of unspoken heroes out there who do everything including paying for translations you never hear about. Why is it you

hardly see their names mentioned, well, they never ask for recognition above a level of being recognized ''as the one''

who gave it back to the community free. If people (and i shall name no-one), want to make a profit of this that's up to them.

Stiller and all the rest belong in the same category though IMO. After all this griping about To Kill a mastermind, is a turn off,

Daigoro--

No pineapples today Joe, please go away:xd:

Daigoro, the movie is a smelly piece of shit. dont waste your time with it.

I thought it had some really great choreography and acrobatics. Perhaps not the most original of storylines, but i'd definitley give it a watch.

I'm not the one who brought it up, ask them.

I would definitley agree with you. Some groups and individuals out there are charging...

Wigsplitta,

people can do what they want, as for me I've decided to do it another way even if it costs me more. Just for example the

"Bruce Lee, The Man, The Myth project", One of my friends has translated it for free with no other real reason to besides

he loves Gung-fu films. The DVD, im already making it available, free no strings attached. I'm also paying for postage for

the DVD-9 version (also free). Now, i never announced that in the thread, I'll mention it now though since you brought it

up. It's not like DVD-9 are free either. Postage/Envelopes/DVD-9 the cost is coming out of my pocket w/ NO RETURN

except for the fact i will be able to look back and know i did it this particular way. That is my return, or at least the

only type of return that i know will keep giving back.

Guest Markgway

Just to be clear. I don't expect anyone to run at a loss. I have no problem with anyone charging for postage and packing. I refer only to the copyrighted items themselves. Probably the best way (ie. cost effective) is to upload them. Money saved on materials etc. It also kicks pro bootleggers in the nuts. Who's going to pay them when a fan can get the same thing for free online? The majority of us would buy these films again if given proper (re)issues. I see these rips and projects as holdovers until something (hopefully) better and legit comes along. For those who disagree... I hold no personal annimosity. It's just my personal point-of-view.

Wigsplitta,

people can do what they want, as for me I've decided to do it another way even if it costs me more. Just for example the

"Bruce Lee, The Man, The Myth project", One of my friends has translated it for free with no other real reason to besides

he loves Gung-fu films. The DVD, im already making it available, free no strings attached. I'm also paying for postage for

the DVD-9 version (also free). Now, i never announced that in the thread, I'll mention it now though since you brought it

up.

Good on ya.I didn't know you did that. The only projects of yours I've ever seen have been released on torrent.

To do a custom project for free, including DVD9, packaging and postage is truly noteworthy.

That is something i've never been brave enough to do - simply because at least 50% of the CD/DVD stuff I've ever sent out (to friends and family - not trades) has never arrived!

Now I only ever send stuff recorded or Special Delivery which adds serious £. Perhaps it's just my bad luck or perhaps it's just the cack British Royal Mail!

Good luck to you distributing BLTMTM, and very cool that you have done a custom job on it.

Probably the best way (ie. cost effective) is to upload them. Money saved on materials etc.

That would be my most desired method. Apart from the delivery failure rate mentioned above, i'm also in the lovely position that my ultra-merde DVD burner has a 50% failure rate!!! :ooh:

Really should get my fat fingers out of my fat .... and get a new one! :xd:

My media Player is my best friend now. Get the movie in whatever format, even if it has been bought from a shop, transfer it, then watch it through the media player.

odioustrident

You automatically run at the loss when you start incurring your own hours. People charge a tiny amount of money considering the time they spent, which is fine because they understand kung fu must be cheap.

Also, not sure if Stiller is going release Revenge of the Corpse. That film and others will be coming from non-bootlegger types who are getting these films out there because they can.

Their is no real monetary interest at work here on the forums, anyone who says otherwise is still thinking in terms of their 4th grade allowance to buy a fucking coke down the street.

Initially I just wanted to share what I thought was good news.... There isn't even much of an argument taking place here; everyone just wants to throw in their two cents and sound like they're making a point on an issue thats been talked to death.

Archived