Update on To Kill A Mastermind

HAZ

RogueWarrior

my screenshots were also taken with VLC, however I do see a black bar when played on my HD TV.

Still a kickass movie tho!

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my screenshots were also taken with VLC, however I do see a black bar when played on my HD TV.

Still a kickass movie tho!

I really like this movie too. Finally something else to watch than those re-re-re-re-releases of the same old Shaws.

The screencaps indicate that they are not directly sourced from the ZiiEagle as I have checked and (contrary to the slagging of some forum members here) the quality of "To kill A Mastermind" on my box is HD and perfect (and like the other 667 movies on it, picture and sound are so much better than most IVL DVDs). Also, to rip the films on the box is (at least with my knowlwedge and expertise) not possible. I tried several ways to preserve and watch the flicks on DVDr (in case the box croaks one day) but have not found a way to do it.

My wild guess is that someone played the flick on a shitty TV or PC screen and made a camera job / VHS recording job converting into DVD then.

The screencaps indicate that they are not directly sourced from the ZiiEagle as I have checked and (contrary to the slagging of some forum members here) the quality of "To kill A Mastermind" on my box is HD and perfect (and like the other 667 movies on it, picture and sound are so much better than most IVL DVDs). Also, to rip the films on the box is (at least with my knowlwedge and expertise) not possible. I tried several ways to preserve and watch the flicks on DVDr (in case the box croaks one day) but have not found a way to do it.

My wild guess is that someone played the flick on a shitty TV or PC screen and made a camera job / VHS recording job converting into DVD then.

I know for a fact that it is not even close to be a camera job. It was sourced from the Ziieagle box. It is risky, but did you ever try to open the box?

RogueWarrior

its NOT a camera job.

Pipeline, Ziieagle to PC. PC recorded it with the subs to an AVI. AVI converted to DVD.

Hell, it could have been Ziieagle to a TV that has outputs, then to a PC.

These were captured using an HDMI PC capture card. They played the film on the Ziieagle box, connected directly to the capture card by HDMI, and recorded it. That's why the subs are burned-in. No cameras were involved.

RogueWarrior
These were captured using an HDMI PC capture card. They played the film on the Ziieagle box, connected directly to the capture card by HDMI, and recorded it. That's why the subs are burned-in. No cameras were involved.

thought so!

loempiavreter

Revenge of the Corpse please :o that's the flick I wanted to see the most of the unreleased Shaw library, after TKAM was done.

RogueWarrior
Most if not all the unreleased films from the ZiiEagle are coming at some point.

aha, so you are the one selling these as bootlegs?

Hahhahhahhhaaa.....

Not selling? Oh ripping them for the sellers then, How do you know they are coming out at one point and whats your cut?

Guest Markgway

I think selling these is inappropriate. They should be traded amongst real fans. This shouldn't be about profit.

Kung Foolery
the quality of "To kill A Mastermind" on my box is HD and perfect (and like the other 667 movies on it, picture and sound are so much better than most IVL DVDs).

uh... what?

So the quality is good?

LOL I'm so confused right now.

This boot dvd available... anyone who has seen it, what can you compare it to quality-wise?

Hahhahhahhhaaa.....

Not selling? Oh ripping them for the sellers then, How do you know they are coming out at one point and whats your cut?

How quickly things descend into accusations and name calling... (sigh)...

I think selling these is inappropriate. They should be traded amongst real fans. This shouldn't be about profit.

Those who have them will most likely trade with their friends, who in turn will trade with theirs, etc. So eventually they may get to the real fans. But I'm curious, what exactly is a real fan?:xd: I mean, how on earth would you define such a thing?:tongue:

Yang Wu Liang
uh... what?

So the quality is good?

This boot dvd available... anyone who has seen it, what can you compare it to quality-wise?

I watched this version last night and while the quality isn't quite as good as a standard celestial DVD it certainly isn't far off, I don't think Big Rogie's screencaps really do it justice for some reason. I had to turn up the brightness and contrast settings on my TV slightly but I've got no complaints apart from the slight cropping on the left hand side(which isn't really noticeable after the SB opening logo at the start).

In a word I'd say it's 'glass'.... and we should be celebrating that this film which has been like the holy grail for a few years now is finally available in this quality rather than the usual bickering.

The only problem really is the shady seller but I can't see him making too much money on it once it gets into trade circles.

If anyone in the UK wants a copy drop me a PM.

In a word I'd say it's 'glass'.... and we should be celebrating that this film which has been like the holy grail for a few years now is finally available in this quality rather than the usual bickering.

The only problem really is the shady seller but I can't see him making too much money on it once it gets into trade circles

Say what...? We should be celebrating that some MOTHERFUCKER (can't think of a friendlier term, really!) stole this film off the ZiiEagle and is selling it through his site and Ebay...

Sorry, I'd love to see this film as much as you or anybody else, but this attitude is really sick. No probs if someone makes copies to trade with his bredrin or with hardcore fans on boards like this. But to thank a fuckin' pirate for his "service" - a pirate who probably continues to squeeze other 'rare' flicks out of the ZiiEagle box and dumps them on the market - is just completely beyond me.

uh... what?

So the quality is good?

It's much better than what the screen-shots show. On a scale of 10 versus official IVL releases, IVL being 10, I'd say a good 8.5/10.

odioustrident

Hahhahhahhhaaa.....

Quite a few people know they are coming out in sale and/or trade...

I'm just happy someone has made the effort to get these films off the box, even if it is Stiller. Doesn't seem like any of ZiiEagle owners on this forum were too interested in pursuing this. Some profit had to be introduced to spur on the effort apparently. Chances are we wouldn't have seen these films for a long time without someone with this mindset.

@ odioustrident

By the same stretch of logic we should probably also be grateful to the likes of Panmedia / Red Sun for making rare KF flicks available to us, “the fans”. Or Shaw classics for that matter, way before all the legit licence holders… Oh, for a lil’ profit of course, there needed to be some incentive to spur on the “effort"...

RogueWarrior
How quickly things descend into accusations and name calling... (sigh)...

sigh, why do I even waste my time here anymore?

odioustrident

We really don't know if any of these films would have been released legitmately down the road. Considering all the Venoms' crew releases put out on the retail market, I think films like TKAM would be put out regardless of what Red Sun/ Panmedia does.

Again, this could have likely been our only chance to get these films. I can only see Stiller releasing the more popular unreleased titles anyway. The others will come out through other means that you shouldn't be theorizing on at this point.

Eastern Evil

Thank you to the person I'd rather not name for 'trading' me a copy of this for free and without wanting anything in return!

Archived