Update on To Kill A Mastermind

HAZ

hi--i wasn't sure if i should mention this but here goes---awhile ago i emailed most of the american distributors of shaw movies with suggestions for future releases and i always mentioned TO KILL A MASTERMIND(and others) -- anyway i never got any responses till just yesterday--FUNIMATION said that they have been considering this movie and are aware that it has been remastered and has an english dub--they didn't say that they actually were going to get it but it was under consideration---you never know---cross your fingers.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh im sorry I dont have over 400 posts like you do. As if post count is indicative of being able to respond to someone on a public message board. Try harder with the retorts cause that was a weak one lad.

You got some gall telling people to mind their own business when you are the one airing out your grievances on a public thread. If you were so angry with FuSubs or any other subtitle group you should take it to PM's and email. Instead, you wanted to whine about it publically. Only on a kung fu message board do you have some primadonna upset that they couldn't get a subtitling project done before others. It boggles my mind that potentially 2 groups could work together to subtitle a project yet one party feels they have rights to do it above others. Get a grip. All this over a blocky compressed flv file.

Lastly, lol at your online credentials. Quick, kfc should start a subforum called "the venoms10463128151311657121519841 shrine". It'll be one thread only where you can big up yourself to eternity.

:tongue:

Feel free to continue responding because I won't. You are just a hater and I'm just fueling you every time I respond.

Guys, that TKAM is finally available to fans is a reason for celebration. Let's not derail the good vibes of this thread with negative stuff. Please, let's be cool.

First few lines of To Kill a Mastermind:

-Master, Liang Chieh, Lu Yi-fei, Fan Tao are here.

Ask them to come in.

-Yes, sir.

-Shantung deputy Liang Chieh

-Hubei deputy Lu Yi-fei

-Head of the Shandong Branch, Fan Tao.

-We are honored to meet the five masters.

-Do you know why you are summoned here?

-No.

-I was just following the order. I hurried here once I received the secret order from the Headquarter.

-Good. Our Society has men everywhere in the country, and there are more ambitious tasks in the future. So we need more talents in the headquarter.

You are all brave and faithful warriors.

That's why you are promoted.

There is one more reason, though.

The government sent Yang Chun Yu to organize the annihilation of our society. Several leaders have thus been killed.

So I ask you to avenge them.

-Yes, Sir.

They look really good....Are you gonna finish it off ?

Is this .....To be continued ??????

They look really good....Are you gonna finish it off ?

Is this .....To be continued ??????

If I do finish it off, it will be made available for free at adc.

If I do finish it off, it will be made available for free at adc.

What is adc? I just hope the finished product is not simply a downloadable file, I dont get into all that movie downloading stuff, I hate watching films on a computer. As great as seeing TKAM remastered is I haven't made it past 10 minutes on that Youku link, hopefully when its done is transfers nicely to a dvd disc.

hi--i wasn't sure if i should mention this but here goes---awhile ago i emailed most of the american distributors of shaw movies with suggestions for future releases and i always mentioned TO KILL A MASTERMIND(and others) -- anyway i never got any responses till just yesterday--FUNIMATION said that they have been considering this movie and are aware that it has been remastered and has an english dub--they didn't say that they actually were going to get it but it was under consideration---you never know---cross your fingers.
Screw all these companies, as far as I'm concerned they've been sitting on this project for years and to our knowledge haven't made any attempts to secure this film from Celestial. My only faith is in the fans.

Guest Markgway

It's sad that what should be a joyous occasion (finding rares) is blighted by in-fighting, scare-mongering, and ego battles. Grow the fuck up.

First few lines of To Kill a Mastermind:

-Master, Liang Chieh, Lu Yi-fei, Fan Tao are here.

Ask them to come in.

-Yes, sir.

-Shantung deputy Liang Chieh

-Hubei deputy Lu Yi-fei

-Head of the Shandong Branch, Fan Tao.

-We are honored to meet the five masters.

-Do you know why you are summoned here?

-No.

-I was just following the order. I hurried here once I received the secret order from the Headquarter.

-Good. Our Society has men everywhere in the country, and there are more ambitious tasks in the future. So we need more talents in the headquarter.

You are all brave and faithful warriors.

That's why you are promoted.

There is one more reason, though.

The government sent Yang Chun Yu to organize the annihilation of our society. Several leaders have thus been killed.

So I ask you to avenge them.

-Yes, Sir.

OOOhhh OOhhh, I bet I know the next line..."Even if you manage to kill us....You'll never escape THE LEADER!!!"

OOOhhh OOhhh, I bet I know the next line..."You can Run But You'll never escape THE LEADER!!!"

You know... after reading those first few lines has got me even more excited to see TKAM.

It's sad that what should be a joyous occasion (finding rares) is blighted by in-fighting, scare-mongering, and ego battles. Grow the fuck up.

Hmm, you bastard, I'll show you my joyous kung fu!! :xd:

Ha! I knew Funimation would be involved somehow. That's pretty good news!

Seriously... wtf.

venom10463, don't stress over anything. The people here know you have been releasing projects to the fans for years at no cost.

Your intentions have always been pure, nothings changed. venom10463 deserves a lot more respect than he/she is getting, but it

most likely was only because there was some sort of excitement made over posting that link. I have no idea who kaleyboy? is, im

not sure ive seen the name before halloween, but he probably got caught up in the excitement of finding a link to that movie on the

internet.

People who know anything about rare treasures know what to do with treasure when they find them. That is something you have

done time after time without asking for anything in return. You give back, and that's what makes you shine. We've hardly talked,

it's not like im trying to help in secret, that's nonsense. Something seemingly has been overlooked in all the excitement, and that

is that venom10463 had already written that the subtitles to TO KILL A MASTERMIND were already halfway complete.

You were the obvious choice, i cannot understand why someone would even say they were going to take on the project but,

perhaps it is not for me to figure out. This movie is going to be released on DVD no matter what. I personally would never pay

to see this 15fps movie subtitled, but a legit release; count me in. The source for the entire movie once downloaded it a comical

175kb. It looks OK, but to see it REMASTERED, wow that film would be amongst shaws elite. Morloth was right.

Chemical Lemon

wow.. that's interesting, it had sounded like Funimation had only released the SB dvds because Navarre forced them to. I wonder if they are selling well enough that they changed their minds, or well enough that Navarre decided to get a few more and force Funimation to put them out. Either way that's good news. With the exception of 14 Amazons and Shaolin Handlock Funimations releases have been good. Though some of this might be related to BCI's early involvement with the dvds.

venom10463, don't stress over anything. The people here know you have been releasing projects to the fans for years at no cost.

Your intentions have always been pure, nothings changed. venom10463 deserves a lot more respect than he/she is getting, but it

most likely was only because there was some sort of excitement made over posting that link. I have no idea who kaleyboy? is, im

not sure ive seen the name before halloween, but he probably got caught up in the excitement of finding a link to that movie on the

He/She :bigsmile:

True dat!!

Man I can't wait till my partner is finished fan-subbing it, I'll share the sub-file for all :xd:

Morgoth Bauglir
Hmm... So maybe it's just Midnight Murder then?

I didn't DL the others because there seemed little point.

I probably should have mentioned I didn't DL any, but they play fine when watching them on youku.

True dat!!

Man I can't wait till my partner is finished fan-subbing it, I'll share the sub-file for all :xd:

Now that's what I'm talking about. Fans looking after fans! :tongue:

Now that's what I'm talking about. Fans looking after fans! :tongue:

Seriously. We are talking about a 2kb txt file. I offered to help with syncing/sharing but couldn't find anyone on this board who didn't understand Mandarin or perhaps did not have the time.

Dang I missed alot on this thread, well if someone "does" subtitle/dub it, hook a brother up:wink: I'm pretty clueless about downloading movies online, it seemed just like yesterday I was recording these movies on beta:xd:

And for the record I'll buy a legit release if it ever happens:angel::sad::cry:

Well, yes, the buzz fizzled out a bit I'd say. Apparently that brother from Chongqing who uploaded TKAM and THUNDERECLAP (amongst others) on Youku only seems to be interested in "sharing", not selling DVDr's of his copies. Guess we have to make do with downloads that look a lot worse than a VCR for the forseeable future. I mean, my eyes got all watery after trying to watch THUNDERCLAP for twenty-plus minutes...

To have TKAM picked up by someone like Funimation and benefitting from the same quality transfer than their recent batch of Shaws, now that would get me really hyped!

Guest Markgway
To have TKAM picked up by someone like Funimation and benefitting from the same quality transfer than their recent batch of Shaws, now that would get me really hyped!

Exactly. But in the meantime it would be nice to have basic subs so we could at least see what's available. Especially for all the other rares that won't be picked up for legit release. Do we really expect anyone stateside to pick up The Cute Little Fellow? I'm excited too about Mastermind... but I think that title is dominating focus at the expense of others (ie. Purple Darts, Curse of Evil) that may prove just as interesting. I don't mind downloading from Youku and then adding a seperate .srt file.

Archived