Update on To Kill A Mastermind

HAZ

I know this kind of thing has been done before but, is it worth getting some kind of petition together for a TKAM release (plus others)?

We now know that they have been remastered and that they are open to public viewing, it's probably only a matter of time before DVD quality versions hit torrent sites and into the laps of bootleggers. If the films have been remastered then Celestial will also have created English subtitles and probably have dubs for most of them. Maybe we could send something to Mr Pollack.

It's probably futile to try and get Celestial to listen to us but.... dammit........I want some new Shaw DVDs!

Hi,

I did speak to the VP of a North American dvd production company of the phone just yesterday about To Kill A Mastermind. They were interested in releasing it before it was found to be remastered. They are contacting Celestial about the remastered print to see about getting it released.

h

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, maybe there could be some collaboration/co-operation between different people to make this fan project happen? There are lots of people who've had plans for TKAM for a while. That's an unorthodox arangement for sure, but TKAM is a something outside of the norm when it comes to films.

If somebody dont subtitle it I'll do it myself and write what I think they saying, regardless if it makes sense or not...."how dare you laugh at my cool hat, I'll kill you bastard!"

, you bastard!"
that and "but still" and "I teach you a lesson" have to be most used sentences in KF movies.Eventually you can guess what man is going to say in certain situations:wink:

that and "but still" and "I teach you a lesson" have to be most used sentences in KF movies.Eventually you can guess what man is going to say in certain situations:wink:
I could make up all the dialogue using those cliches

and the English speaking audience will love it! TKAM looks so much like Avenging Eagle I'll just take lines from that movie, cut and paste till they fit. Meanwhile, these guys will still be arguing about whether a boot will hurt Celestial's feelings or not.

Well.. what can I say people.. what a shocking surprise!!

The movie that was considered by many fans to never see the light of day in a decent watchable version finally saw the light of day on youku.com aka the illegitimate child of youtube. Who would have guessed it!!

I was following this thread but was not going to post a message until I read the below post by Iron Boat:

If somebody dont subtitle it I'll do it myself and write what I think they saying, regardless if it makes sense or not...."how dare you laugh at my cool hat, I'll kill you bastard!"

That cracked me up!!! lool!!!!

Heck even if someone DOES get around to subbing TKAM I still want to watch Iron Boats exclusive subbed version!!!! Trust me it would wipe the floor with the proper version!!!

That line alone, "How dare you laugh at my cool hat, I'll kill you bastard!" is a classic!!!

GO FOR IT IRON BOAT!!!!!!

The Ninja fully supports Iron Boat!!

kungfusamurai

I don't understand Mandarin, but I'm sure I could do a reasonably good job of translating. Just throw in lots of 'kill him!', 'i'll kill that bastard!', 'you...you...!', 'right!', 'chase him!', 'let's go!'. Every sentence has to end in an exclamation point. :)

KFS

I could make up all the dialogue using those cliches

and the English speaking audience will love it! TKAM looks so much like Avenging Eagle I'll just take lines from that movie, cut and paste till they fit. Meanwhile, these guys will still be arguing about whether a boot will hurt Celestial's feelings or not.

Invincible Shaolin style...

That's the same blow! You're a damn traitor!

You're right! That IS the same blow!

He IS a damn traitor! He traded! I recognize the BLOW! You traitor!

L0lz! I traded my ass off. HELL yea that's the same blow! What're YOU gonna do about it?

I made funny subs for Shaolin Temple, got drunk, and then watched it. It was great!

Imagine if Criterion put this out on blu ray, with a 2nd disc loaded with extras.

:smile:

I wonder what all the art house and foreign film buffs would think.

:xd:

Lolz. I love the entitlement you have on a film that never got a legit release. I'm gonna add more gasoline to the fire and let you know that I have several chinese friends in my neighborhood who would be happy to translate this film for me. Maybe once I get this done i'll send free copies to FuSubs and random people on this forum because your elitist attitude needs to check itself at the door. Nobody cared what you had to say because you didn't produce results. July-September, and now into November and you still have yet to have it translated? :wink: Honor amongst thieves, right?:tongue:

Also, in case everybody missed it, Haz is in talks with a mysterious North American company that releases DVDs and is in talks to release this movie. No other relevant news at this time but I'm sure Haz will be providing us up to the minute updates of this breaking news.

And who the hell are you mister three posts? I clearly stated my friend started on the translation in September. I had it plan since July because I was looking for someone to translate it. You clearly don't know who I am because this is not my first translation or timing project. Members here who are also registered at adc can testify I've done dozen of timing projects. Next time mind your own damn business because what I wrote was clearly directed towards the fusubs team. All I was asking for was a little bit of courtesy because my friend had been translating TKAM before this thread ever appear.

Edit:

Also, if you want proof, I can post a few lines of the beginning dialogue and those who understand Mandarin can verify it. Anyways, my TKAM project has ceased and I will stop with the complaining.

This thread Is disappointing, within 24 hours of that Youku link being posted, A fansub should already be done and ready to be sent to members of this forum. Do we have at least one Mandarin speaking, English translating tech wiz on this site who can get this task accomplished? I likewise am tired of the mystery DVD companies and the best friend translators that take 3 months to write a sentence. Whoever gets it done first, you da man!

This thread Is disappointing, within 24 hours of that Youku link being posted, A fansub should already be done and ready to be sent to members of this forum. Do we have at least one Mandarin speaking, English translating tech wiz on this site who can get this task accomplished? I likewise am tired of the mystery DVD companies and the best friend translators that take 3 months to write a sentence. Whoever gets it done first, you da man!

He's been working on the translation for one month, Iron Boat, not 3! People do have a life you know, we're not translating or timing machine.

He's been working on the translation for one month, Iron Boat, not 3! People do have a life you know, we're not translating or timing machine.
:xd:

Guest Markgway

Wow... this thread has gone ape shit.

I'm watching a DL of The Midnight Murder and the playback is jerky as hell.

No way are these Youku versions going to jeopardise legit releases.

The quality is NOWHERE NEAR good enough.

With or without subs these are only for DIE HARD fans like us.

Pan Media COULDN'T sell these even if they wanted to.

Have you guys arguing about the rights and wrongs actually checked any of them out??

Unless MM is badly encoded and the others are well encoded this whole debate is moot.

Bring on the fan subs I say... and leave your egos at the door.

This is about the films not about 'who did what when and how'?

Start with Curse of Evil if TKAM is causing problems... though I believe they should all be done for our benefit.

Believe me if I spoke Mandarin I'd happily do subs for free.

But $7 for postage and material costs isn't too much to ask.

I'd love to get a trade of these titles so hopefully this episode will be sorted sooner rather than later.............................

Red Sun 5 element ninjas is pretty crap quality.But still has ended up to many homes for higher price than 7$.

I bought it too:neutral:

But yeah right maybe even bootleg would not affect that much to sales of official TKAM.Because if there is no dub in it,legal release hardly sells well outside die-hard-fan circle.

Morgoth Bauglir

The movies on youku are playing 100% fine for me on firefox. Not as good quality as a DVD, but still really good.

kungfusamurai

I'm watching a DL of The Midnight Murder and the playback is jerky as hell.

No way are these Youku versions going to jeopardise legit releases.

The quality is NOWHERE NEAR good enough.

With or without subs these are only for DIE HARD fans like us.

Not as standalone DVDs, that's true, but Video Asia could stick them on a 4 or 5 pack (i.e. 2 movies on each side). That's what they do anyway, put films on that are sometimes jerky and unwatchable paired with a couple of watchable films.

KFS

Guest Markgway
The movies on youku are playing 100% fine for me on firefox. Not as good quality as a DVD, but still really good.

Hmm... So maybe it's just Midnight Murder then?

I didn't DL the others because there seemed little point.

Regardless, if the subs are kept to reliable fans who promise not to supply them to torrent sites or known bootleggers then that should minimize risk of Pan Media getting their mitts on them.

These movies are too important to let petty squabbles get in the way.

Guest Markgway
Not as standalone DVDs, that's true, but Video Asia could stick them on a 4 or 5 pack (i.e. 2 movies on each side). That's what they do anyway, put films on that are sometimes jerky and unwatchable paired with a couple of watchable films.

I've never bought a Video Asia title... and never will.

It's worth mentioning that TMM has burnt-in idents to prevent anonymous theft.

Anyone who understands Mandarin pm me. I can send you the audio snippets at a time for you to transcribe. I will add the results to a subtitle file that will be open for those who want to sync it on their Media Players. Just a few minutes a day and we can have it done in 1 week no problem.

As for the production company potentially releasing TKAMM, feel free to use this subtitle code when complete. It will be open source for film reference and preservation.

I've never bought a Video Asia title... and never will.

It's worth mentioning that TMM has burnt-in idents to prevent anonymous theft.

Video Asia, watching their dvds make me feel disgusting and in need of colon cleansing.

First few lines of To Kill a Mastermind:

-Master, Liang Chieh, Lu Yi-fei, Fan Tao are here.

Ask them to come in.

-Yes, sir.

-Shantung deputy Liang Chieh

-Hubei deputy Lu Yi-fei

-Head of the Shandong Branch, Fan Tao.

-We are honored to meet the five masters.

-Do you know why you are summoned here?

-No.

-I was just following the order. I hurried here once I received the secret order from the Headquarter.

-Good. Our Society has men everywhere in the country, and there are more ambitious tasks in the future. So we need more talents in the headquarter.

You are all brave and faithful warriors.

That's why you are promoted.

There is one more reason, though.

The government sent Yang Chun Yu to organize the annihilation of our society. Several leaders have thus been killed.

So I ask you to avenge them.

-Yes, Sir.

Archived