Update on To Kill A Mastermind

HAZ

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if Clipnabber would be faster for me I guess then; I'm running off the world's shittest laptop - I literally have to hold it in the air so it doesn't overheat & shut off the majority of the time, which it does at will, just blanks out on me, I have about 5GBs of available space left on it, copying a file to disc takes me at least, at least 10 hours usually... downloads untold lengths; youtube/flash site videos & the like usually judder when streaming. oh well... it's worth the wait, gonna get this to disc & watch on my telly, I've got 6% now I'll just hold out, hope it don't shut down on me. Wish this would come out commercially!

Guest Markgway
As I said, this is an example of how Celestial has been putting non-Shaw titles up on their channel. At least thats what I was told.

The Celestial Channel shows non-Shaw films every day (though not it appears in China).

http://www.celestialmovies.com/05/default.asp

Only thing you have to worry about is local censorship.

They do have full rights to The Big Fellow though.

The Amazing Psycho Per

Mmm... Thunderclap and I will finally knock you down dad were both remastered in 2009... Don't know about TKAM as my video cuts before the year is shown...

I haven't been able to find any unreleased films on that channel yet. They have a schedule, but not To Kill A Mastermind. The channel these films are from is Mainland or Taiwanese for sure. Does the watermark mean anything to anyone?

I don't think the flv. link is the link to the original upload. If Youku is like Youtube was just last year then my bet is that

the flv. file is the low quality faster streaming link. the original upload was most an mpg, or avi file and was almost four

times the size. With TO KILL A MASTERMIND, the entire movie is 175mb. There has to be some additional code or

direct link to the original upload. Now, perhaps someone could inquire about that. With youtube, if you added "fmt=18"

after the "=" it would take you to the DIRECT LINK. There are also DIRECT STREAM recorders. I suggest for now any

-one keep "how rare" a film is on the DOWN LOW if an inquiry is made about purchasing a copy directly. I also believe

the seller would be more willing to work with someone in China. Isn't Winfred in HK. Shoot high and aim low (cost).

Daigoro, I believe Winfred is in Malaysia.

You're right, the upload must be a bigger file than the flv. Perhaps there are sites in Chinese that explain this in detail.

• Administrator

Holy smoke!!!! :bigsmile:

WOW! This is beyond huge!!!

Kaleyboy should be voted member of the year!!! Thanks!QUOTE]

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID! :xd:

Seriously though... I second that. :nerd:

And after finding something absolutely amazing, what was his first thought? To share it with everyone. :smile: That's how it's done! Bravo brother. :wink:

The Amazing Psycho Per

R D fuckin R :rolleyes:

Seriously though, don't you guys find it interesting that Celestial still were remastering Shaws in 2009? Remember last year when there was a rumour of a new batch of releases? Seems more plausible that it was considered in the light of this.

Okay guys, announcement time, my group Fusubs will begin translating TKAM today, we will also be working on I'll Finally Knock You Down Dad and will probably release them as a double-bill.

Ex-cellent news! Put me down for a copy.....

Aren't that US DVS company supposed to be monitoring this thread? Won't the announcement of a boot in progress kill any chance of a legit English friendly release?

I cant believe this!!!! This is like a dream come true or finding a pot of gold....I skim through this long thread as to what Ive missed this past week and see TKAM in remastered glory. Fantastic News indeed.

If and when this project is completed, put me down for a copy Kaleyboy! Great find and I thank you brotha.

raider yang previously known as 5th Yang

Okay guys, announcement time, my group Fusubs will begin translating TKAM today, we will also be working on I'll Finally Knock You Down Dad and will probably release them as a double-bill. We hope no one here has any objections to our working on this? We may very well do more of these too, if no one else does. We hope to have it released soon, perhaps as early as next week. Stay tuned for updates. Also, this will be a complete re-translation of the film - we're not using any previous subbed versions for this.

Awesome. How will you be releasing them? Will you be providing the sub txt file for us to add to our Media Players and watch right away?

Archived