dec 10

Police story 2

dec 17th

project a

game of death

dec 24th

Drunken master :xd:

arrnour of god

Took a peak at last night's Jackie double.

Both had shitty new English dubs.

Avoid.

Quite.

Yet pressing the info button, the text said that they were supposed to be English subbed.

sifu iron perm
Took a peak at last night's Jackie double.

Both had shitty new English dubs.

Avoid.

i was expecting this. Next weeks police story 2 then Project A will probably be the same.

Please don't tell me if they re-dubbed Drunken Master??

TCM (UK)

Friday 20th March 23:05

ONCE UPON A TIME IN CHINA V

This final installment in the series that features the legendary Mast Wong Fei-hung, a folk hero in South China at the turn of the century, continues at a tumultuous time in China when the country is bombarded by allied forces from the west, resulting in lawlessness and anarchy. Master Wong and his entourage are on a passionate quest to restore law and order in a land now governed by evil, conniving pirates along the Southern coast.

Flicking through the tv guide for next week and I was shocked to see this advertised, i've actually never seen Part 5 so i'll definitely be tuning in.

Haha, how random is that?!

Totally, I applaud them for showing a kung fu movie but to show the fifth instalment of a series when they've never showed any of the others does seem odd. Also it's a pretty rare title, I managed to see part 4 on a poor quality vcd years ago but i'm still yet to see this one, from reviews I think it follows the plot of Project A with the pirates and it's supposed to be quite good (at least better than 4).

DragonClaws

This is random, Channel 4 screened a few of the QUATIC films in the 90's. They showed them in order however and not just one random movie in the series.

sifu iron perm
This is random, Channel 4 screened a few of the QUATIC films in the 90's. They showed them in order however and not just one random movie in the series.

When was this?

I recalled bbc 1 played a few jet flicks, fist of legend, fong sai yuk, my fathet is a hero, bodyguard from Beijing.

May I just forgot!

Reel Power Stunts

It is kinda random, but sometimes these random movies end up on weird channels because they are just odd titles in vast libraries of movies owned by big players. I have a feeling that Turner has some relation to Warners. Warners bought up a bunch of HK movies' rights in the late 90s (or 2000 - cant recall). Warners also own (as many folks here know) the rights to movies like "Pedicab Driver".

It does seem odd that a company/channel might have rights to a "Part 5", but none of the earlier movies in the series, but the sad reality is that the rights to "OATIC V" would have been thrown in with loads of other titles when the deal was done.

I remember around 2005 I used to get TV from Homechoice (now Talk Talk TV). Among the many movies they had available On Demand were "Blade of Fury", "Once Upon a Time in China V" and the Sammo film "Slickers vs Killers". I watched "Slickers", which looked like a poor VHS tape...

DragonClaws
When was this?

I recalled bbc 1 played a few jet flicks, fist of legend, fong sai yuk, my fathet is a hero, bodyguard from Beijing.

May I just forgot!

Around 1998/99 Sifu Iron Perm. They showed some other HK films around the same time. Police Story 3, Spooky Encounters, Prodigal Son all Golden Harvest films if i recall rightly.

I can recall the BBC screening a lot of Jet Li films during late summer of 2004. The memory of watching them with friends has stuck in my head. I know they have been screened a lot since then.

DragonClaws
It is kinda random, but sometimes these random movies end up on weird channels because they are just odd titles in vast libraries of movies owned by big players. I have a feeling that Turner has some relation to Warners. Warners bought up a bunch of HK movies' rights in the late 90s (or 2000 - cant recall). Warners also own (as many folks here know) the rights to movies like "Pedicab Driver".

It does seem odd that a company/channel might have rights to a "Part 5", but none of the earlier movies in the series, but the sad reality is that the rights to "OATIC V" would have been thrown in with loads of other titles when the deal was done.

I remember around 2005 I used to get TV from Homechoice (now Talk Talk TV). Among the many movies they had available On Demand were "Blade of Fury", "Once Upon a Time in China V" and the Sammo film "Slickers vs Killers". I watched "Slickers", which looked like a poor VHS tape...

I think Ted Turner has shares in TimeWarner but I'm not 100% sure?. He does have some connection to WB I just cant recall exactly what it is. TCM screen Enter The Dragon on a regular basis. The last Martial Art flick I caught on TCM was New Police Story.

Incidentally I see The Blade is on TCM tomorrow evening (13th March) on TCM at 10:50. Never seen it but looking it up it's on several 'Best Of' lists so I'll definately tune in

muppetdanny
When was this?

May I just forgot!

You are correct. BBC showed Disney cut English dubbed versions between 2004-09:nerd:

sifu iron perm
Around 1998/99 Sifu Iron Perm. They showed some other HK films around the same time. Police Story 3, Spooky Encounters, Prodigal Son all Golden Harvest films if i recall rightly.

I can recall the BBC screening a lot of Jet Li films during late summer of 2004. The memory of watching them with friends has stuck in my head. I know they have been screened a lot since then.

All coming back to me, channel 4 was pretty kind to us back then ..i miss those days/nights.

Cloud Hands

Nostalgic thread. I can also remember staying up late to record films off channel 4. Especially early 90s when they showed quite a few Golden Harvests and I definitely remember a Jackie Chan season over the Christmas period. When I got Police Story I would literally watch it over and over again.

These formed a vital part of my initial collection - I can remember recording, pausing the films on the title, writing down the chinese characters then writing them on to the VHS alongside the English titles. Kung Fu was never mainstream, but in those days it wasn't far off!

DragonClaws
Nostalgic thread. I can also remember staying up late to record films off channel 4. Especially early 90s when they showed quite a few Golden Harvests and I definitely remember a Jackie Chan season over the Christmas period. When I got Police Story I would literally watch it over and over again.

These formed a vital part of my initial collection - I can remember recording, pausing the films on the title, writing down the chinese characters then writing them on to the VHS alongside the English titles. Kung Fu was never mainstream, but in those days it wasn't far off!

I can recall stopping up late to see Police Story 3 then I fell asleep after the first 20-mins. No option to record the film at the time so I was pretty mad about that. Woke up early in the morning to the Pink Panther cartoon:sad:. I managed to stay awake for the other screenings.

Incidentally I see The Blade is on TCM tomorrow evening (13th March) on TCM at 10:50. Never seen it but looking it up it's on several 'Best Of' lists so I'll definately tune in

Which channel is TCM on? A sky channel?

Which channel is TCM on? A sky channel?

You can get TCM UK on Sky channel 317 (satellite) and TCM + 1 on channel 318. I think TCM is available on Virgin Media channel 415 (cable) but I don't think it is available on freeview terrestrial tv.

Once Upon A Time In China 5 now on TCM and TCM + 1. Just surfing channels and came upon it. 2.35.1 widescreen cinemascope dubbed in English.Won't be watching it though. Then it will be New Police Story next week Friday at 22.50 GMT and an hour later on TCM + 1

Once Upon A Time In China 5 now on TCM and TCM + 1. Just surfing channels and came upon it. 2.35.1 widescreen cinemascope dubbed in English.Won't be watching it though. Then it will be New Police Story next week Friday at 22.50 GMT and an hour later on TCM + 1

I saw an advert for New Police Story on TCM and noticed it said "part of the kung fu season" so it looks like they could be showing more hong kong movies, they seem to be on late on friday nights so it might be worth checking the channel over the next few weeks.