Best version of Bava's "Kill Baby, Kill"

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Is there a good DVD release of Mario Bava's "Kill Baby, Kill"? I know Anchor Bay just released it in a Boxset, but I dont wanna buy the whole damn set just for 1 movie. Anyway, where can I find the best DVD release?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Yeah I was hoping to find maybe a remastered international release out there somewhere. Ive read that cheaper US release found on amazon is really washed out and poor quality all around. Maybe Anchor Bay will release them individually later on.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo
Well Dark Sky Films was going to release this

I heard about that release but read it was cancelled. I actually saw a copy of the cancelled Dark Sky dvd on ebay going for like 75$!! And that was about 3 days before bidding closed.

Guest VonHumboldtFleischer

I just watched Stomp Entertainment's Australian release of KILL, BABY, KILL and althought I was impressed, I was a little surprised that the colours seemed so faded; particularly compared to other Bava films or to Hammer movies of the time, which have such a rich, dense palette. However, it occurred to me that perhaps this is how it always looked, that even the very first 35mm print fresh from the lab looked exactly like this. Maybe he shot on poor quality film stock, maybe everything looks slightly overexposed on purpose, I don't know. But I don't think it looks the way it looks because it has degraded; perhaps the colours weren't any richer on its theatrical release.

Anyway, here are a couple of caps from the Stomp version:

killbaby2.jpg

killbaby.jpg

is the Anchor Bay one I'm afraid.I'm pretty sure they will put them out as seperate releases sometime in the future. But FYI, the boxset is selling for just $24 on Deep Discount DVD. That is a steal for all five films in EXCELLENT editions.

Guest VonHumboldtFleischer

I'd be interested to hear the Tim Lucas/Lamberto Bava commentary on the Dark Sky version, though.

Guest drunkenmantis13

The Dark Sky edition on eBay was at $150 when i checked...:eek

Considering the price of Anchor Bay's set it's a must anyway.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo
is the Anchor Bay one I'm afraid.I'm pretty sure they will put them out as seperate releases sometime in the future. But FYI, the boxset is selling for just $24 on Deep Discount DVD. That is a steal for all five films in EXCELLENT editions.

I looked there before but I thought it was more expensive than that. That is a steal for only $24, I just odered it a few min ago. Btw Linn, I'm telling my spouse that you talked me into buying it. :lol

Guest Stuntman Jules

Buy the boxed set: BLACK SUNDAY, THE GIRL WHO KNEW TOO MUCH and BLACK SABBATH are all great too! It's totally worth it.

Archived