Sry, help with movie ID

sdaccount

Ok, I was very little when I watching this, but I need to know the movie title so I can finish it.

I'm guessing this was in the late 70's early 80's on a saturday afternoon kung fu movie time slot. It was set in modern times (at least movie time frame) I'm pretty sure the main character was Caucasian, he knew some martial arts, try to help someone or investigates something and gets his butt kicked. In typical fashion, he retrains. His training montage was him doing a lot of ab exercises, contorting his abs, flexing them etc. He goes back to wherever he got his beat up. He's still not faring well and gets thrown through a window or door. At this time, I had to turn the TV off.

I know, I know...not much info..its like trying to help me find a guy and all I know is that he has brown hair. I thought the movie was peculiar though, I was very young at the time, and thought it was unusual to have a caucasian as the main char. In anycase, I need to know how it ended. At the time, I thought all the training was for naught because he was still getting beat up pretty bad. At least that is how I remember it.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

It sounds like it could be "No Retreat, No Surrender" with Kurt McKinney in the role you're mentioning. He does a lot of ab exercises such as sit-ups while hanging upside down. Later he goes to a girl's birthday party and gets tossed out a glass sliding door onto her patio by the guys bullying him. The ghost of Bruce Lee is mentoring him in his training if that helps in any way. And Jean Claude Van Damme is the main villain he must defeat in the end. Right now it's the only movie I can think of that may be what you're talking about. Someone else may know better. Hope it helps.

Thanks for the reply. Might be a little newer, but I'll check out the movie otherwise. Van Damme? Ghost of Bruce Lee? I'll have to see where I can watch it. Thanks!

Archived