36 Crazy Fists

Battousai

Ive been wanting to see this one for ages, whats the best dvd to buy? and whats everyones opinion of the film. I prefer english dubbing.

thanks

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

Could be better but it is ok. Yen Shi Kwan as the main villain is never a bad thing. Every copy I get of this seems to be the same full screen version.

Reel Power Stunts

A couple of months ago over at FLK someone posted a link to a streaming version which is widescreen. It looks much better than any version I've ever seen of this film. I think the source is a Chinese TV channel. Hope this version can make it's way onto DVD or DL. Always thought this film had some good choreography.

FLK discussion is here: http://www.flkcinema.com/Posts.asp?ForumID=6&RoomID=5409&

Nostalgia...

YIefN3SvPDc

What I like about this footage is it shows how demanding of a choreographer Jackie was. For anyone who thinks it's easy stuff...

kungfusamurai

Is there a way to find the video from the FLK site? I tried searching by title, but I don't know the chinese name for 36 crazy fists.

KFS

kungfusamurai

I just checked out the version they have. It's similar in quality to the french DVD, but wider (maybe pulled wider)?

Sadly, it also has the soft focus look, which I think the whole movie was filmed that way. Basically it looked like someone smeared vaseline on the lens. Maybe it was a faulty camera, poor film stock, or they screwed it up at the film processing end.

KFS

It's not too bad of a kung fu flick. Tony Leung Siu-Hung and Sammy Lau Kar-Yung made quite an impressive team with Rambo Kong as their beggar teacher. Ku Feng provided a little comic relief as Leung's 1st teacher. Best fights IMO involved Leung vs. Fung Hark-On and then the finale.

Jackie did a pretty nifty job with the choreography.

emeraldforest
Is there a way to find the video from the FLK site? I tried searching by title, but I don't know the chinese name for 36 crazy fists.

KFS

san shi liu mi xing quan

36 riddle shapes fist

:wink:

Archived