80s HK action recommendations

BIlls90

First time poster here. I am a huge American action movie fan that has slowly been dabbling into some of the popular Hong Kong stuff.

Some of my favourites so far are HARD BOILED, A BETTER TOMORROW 2, THE KILLER, LEGACY OF RAGE, and RIGHTING WRONGS.

I especially loved RIGHTING WRONGS, as it has that 80s, urban action feel that I really love. I'm hoping you guys can point me to some similar films.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yi-Long

Well... Donnie Yen's In the Line of Duty 4 jumps to mind. As does Tiger Cage 2.

Also, Dragon's Forever is pretty much the best 3 brothers (Jackie, Yuen Biao and Sammo)movies, action-wise.

Just checked the trailers for those ones, Yi-Long! That's exactly the stuff I'm looking for. A mix of great martial arts, gunplay, and stunts.

Some others I'm hoping to check out are YES MADAM, TRAGIC HERO and FULL CONTACT with Chow Yun-Fat.

ShaOW!linDude

If you liked "Dragons Forever", you need to check out "My Lucky Stars" and "Twinkle, Twinkle, Lucky Stars" (Chan, Hung, and Biao). Make yourself a nice compilation set. Check out "The Inspector Wears Skirts", "Magnificent Warriors", and "Royal Warriors" while you are at it. I could probably add more but I don't want to be a suggestion hog.

Morgoth Bauglir

HK Godfather (Shaw Brothers)

Heart of a Dragon

Pedicab Driver

In the Line of Duty 3 and 5 (I’ll take these over part 4 any day, though part 4 is the most popular)

On the Run

Tiger on Beat

(Iron) Angel

Rapid Fire (not hk but good Brandon lee action)

Thanks ShaOW!linDude. The more suggestions, the better. I'm writing all these down and will be ready for the test in a few weeks.

heroes shed no tears, eastern condors, miracles, dragon family, as tears go by, flaming brothers, dragon fight, and i'd also recommend you to try duel to the death.. no gun play but just brutal action and add daggers 8 and some venom movies to that

also i think bullet in the head came out in 1990 but it is a must see

Thanks Bus. I've been meaning to see BULLET IN THE HEAD. When I said 80s, I didn't really mean to limit it to that decade. Even the early 90s HK stuff I've seen retains the feel that I love.

I guess I'm looking for stuff before the heavy use of wire-fu.

Archived