Eye for an Eye (2008)

Athena

Mods ,Please merge if already a thread !

I just got 2 Korean movies today this one is from 2008

Eye for an eye !!

posterphoto58524.jpg

Synopsis :

Sung-chan is a top detective of the special crime squad. He is notorious for punishing the opponent who hurts his pride. When Hyun-min impersonates as Sung-chan and robs a cash transport car under the daylight, and seizes $10 billion worth of smuggled gold right before the cop’s eyes, Sung-chan is outraged. He cannot let this criminal slip through. Sung-chan goes after Hyun-min like a wild beast going after its prey, but Hyun-min cunningly threads through the investigation, even leaving traces in the crime scenes on purpose to allure and provoke Sung-chan..

I am on a Korean roll now ... ! But how did any of you like the movie ??

Athena ..♥

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer

Hi Athena

I also have this movie, for me it was a pretty light-weight middle of the road affair. It`s a decent enough way to pass 90 minutes, and is worth a watch if you`ve already seen all the classic Korean movies out there, of which there are many, but I certainly wouldn`t reccomend it as a starting point for someone who wanted to get into the Korean movie scene for example.

Thankfully due to the likeable performances of the two main characters, played by Han Seok-Kyu and Cha Seung-Won, the movie carries itself along nicely. Anybody familiar with the Korean movie scene should definitely enjoy it despite it`s lack of surprises and fairly routine story.

I remember upon watching it for the first time, I was waiting for the big fight between the two leads as was shown in a lot of the movies promotional artwork...I was left feeling pretty frustrated when it never actually came, a little misleading!

Archived