RED - You guys gonna check this out?

kungfusamurai

kungfusamurai

Someone I know went to see it at a sneak preview and they liked it a lot. The reviews on Rotten Tomatoes are pretty good.

I got good vibes from seeing the trailer for this one. I didn't get the same feeling from seeing the trailer for Expendables, which I still haven't bothered seeing.

ayFfMfN5AvE

KFS

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Someone I know went to see it at a sneak preview and they liked it a lot. The reviews on Rotten Tomatoes are pretty good.

I got good vibes from seeing the trailer for this one. I didn't get the same feeling from seeing the trailer for Expendables, which I still haven't bothered seeing.

ayFfMfN5AvE

KFS

Of course I dig this kinda stuff.Its got all the ingredients to make my day.

ShaOW!linDude

Me and the Mrs. have a sitter already lined up for next Thursday so we can go see this. There's nothing really out right now we wanted to see other than this.

Guest Markgway

It's a sad day when a fun-looking film like RED which stars four respected big-name actors is beaten to the No.1 spot by Jackass 3D - a film made for idiots by idiots.

Jackass made $26m MORE(!) than RED. And we ask whether pop culture is dumbing down...?

It's a sad day when a fun-looking film like RED which stars four respected big-name actors is beaten to the No.1 spot by Jackass 3D - a film made for idiots by idiots.

Jackass made $26m MORE(!) than RED. And we ask whether pop culture is dumbing down...?

Yeah its sad but unfortunately true. You said it best.

ShaOW!linDude

Seriously? Who wants to see a jackass in 3D? Oh, wait! You mean those jackasses from that MTV show Jackass. They pulled in $26M more than Red? Ah, the rewards of stupidity! I'm pretty stupid but I ain't that stupid.

Morgoth Bauglir

I love Jackass, but I wouldn’t pay money to see it in a theater. It has to be a really great looking movie for me to fork over $9 just to see a movie once.

My major complaint with the first 2 (1/2) jackass movies is I wish there was more of party boy. I can't get enough of this weirdo.

e7sFZQiEHJ4

ShaOW!linDude

Okay, me and the Mrs. took in RED last night. Wow!!! This movie is great. Definitely one for the big screen and worth the price of admission! John Malkovich had us in stitches. He doesn't even have to say anything. His character is the paranoid, conspiracy theorist and just his expressions sometimes would get us tickled. We loved it. And I still don't see how Jackass could've outran this like it did at the box office.

I love Jackass, but I wouldn’t pay money to see it in a theater. It has to be a really great looking movie for me to fork over $9 just to see a movie once.

JACKASS 3D is a really good looking movie. They used dual high-speed Phantom cameras in a 3D configuration for certain scenes and the results are beautiful - which is about the strangest thing I can imagine saying about a JACKASS movie. In a film full of horribly, disturbingly memorable sights, the one that sticks out the most for me is the image of thousands of various sized paint droplets suspended in three dimensional space, nearly but not quite frozen in time.

RED is better than the rancid likes of THE EXPENDABLES or SALT; it's probably of comparable quality to the A-TEAM movie. There's certainly far worse ways to kill a couple of hours, and it won't bore you - but it's nothing really memorable either (which is still better than being memorably bad). Malkovich is pretty funny - but sign me up for the spin-off focusing mostly on Ernest Borgnine and Helen Mirren.

Okay, me and the Mrs. took in RED last night. Wow!!! This movie is great. Definitely one for the big screen and worth the price of admission! John Malkovich had us in stitches. He doesn't even have to say anything. His character is the paranoid, conspiracy theorist and just his expressions sometimes would get us tickled. We loved it. And I still don't see how Jackass could've outran this like it did at the box office.

Couldn't agree more. Very exciting...and hilarious. All the actors are great, especially Malkovich. This is worth every penny.

Archived