Dragon Dynasty's Disciples of 36th Chamber Box Art

mpm74

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is ok I guess but not deserving of its own thread.

They NEVER do. =D But it's always interesting to see when a new cover.

I do not like DD covers anymore.Maybe it`s just me but I see lot repetitiveness in style.

Blood Sword I have to agree with you there !

They are getting too pale (bloodless I guess you may say ,hehe !), too static ( lifeless) & definitely too similar in core style & design ...

Time to give the W brothers Art department a serious Hwang Jang Lee kick in the " you know were" !!!

Athena ..♥

Morgoth Bauglir
They NEVER do. =D But it's always interesting to see when a new cover.

It's always interesting to see when a new cover... explodes? Put down the joint for a second geesh. Is that a picture of you in your avatar. You look really stoned.

It would be nice if they put some more efort into these DVD covers, but I don't really care. It could have a picture of Dr. Phil naked doing a Hung Gar stance and I'd still buy this DVD.

..but I don't really care. It could have a picture of Dr. Phil naked doing a Hung Gar stance and I'd still buy this DVD.

Wow ! Your MIND works in mysterious ways dear Morgoth...!

How on earth do you come up with an image like that in your mind ?? & Dr Phil ??

But you are right, a cover never really influenced me if I would buy a movie or not anyway ...

Still it is NICE to complain about it thought ....! Since WE off course would do a much BETTER job at it !

Athena...♥

PS. Nice cover design you did on the new "Lay Mystagogue Jujitsu DVD "cover !!

It's always interesting to see when a new cover... explodes? Put down the joint for a second geesh. Is that a picture of you in your avatar. You look really stoned.

I agree... lol DD must have laid off the good graphic designers (to make up for re-hiring Bey Logan), then cheaply paying out-of-school photoshop guys instead.

I think FUNimation puts more effort into their designs. May not be the best, but they do more than just slap a few images together.

But hey, I think every NEW DVD cover deserves a thread..... GOOD or BAD.

Now when started to think about it...IVL covers are heads and shoulders above R1 release..

Pics look terrific and large chinese letters are better than some english lines like "action packed martial arts classic - kungfucinema.com" "from director of 36th chamber","special collectors edition" etc...

Some Images covers are nice.

Morgoth Bauglir

How on earth do you come up with an image like that in your mind ?? & Dr Phil ??

Dr Phil is an attractive man right? I guess it’s just the first image that popped in my head. I didn’t realize I typed that. I would edit that post, but you have quoted it so there’s no turning back now.

I’ve been on his show 6 times, but he doesn’t seem to like me that much. My dream is that one day we will watch a kung fu movie together while doing kung fu poses (an artist will be there of course drawing portraits of us that could be used for future DVD releases) and then afterwords we would make our way over by the fireplace, quote some classic lines from the movie and practice my secret style of mystagogue jujitsu.

Morgoth Bauglir

There is just no stopping you is there. Alright, I will allow it since you are a friend of the sacred doobi plant. But try to post a good DVD cover next time..:angel:

There is just no stopping you is there. Alright, I will allow it since you are a friend of the sacred doobi plant. But try to post a good DVD cover next time..

I can't do that either. They all suck. lol

Wow all this talk about terrible covers ( I agree by the way) at least the title has remained intact!!!

On a side note....it's nice to see DD FINALLY releasing these classic movies on a monthly basis!!

The cover is one thing, but the transfer is another. A quality DVD at a good price point is the main thing. I wonder how this will be? Will the quality be any good, will the OG trailer be on the disc?

That's what I say.

Bad cover, good cover, wack dubtitles, lame dubb, shitty transfer, etc. etc. It's nice to see these movies get released legitimately... I think this day and age is the MOST we've ever seen, as far as a mainstream companies releasing Shaw Brothers flicks...

We can complain all we want, but in hard times like this, it's good to know that there are companies like FUNimation, Well Go USA, Tokyo Shock and DD doing their thing.

Probably not, but it is on their 36th Chamber disc.

Great point their original 4 Shaw Bros releases from DD had a bunch of original trailers included. Sucks that's not the case now...but they were a very nice touch to see how great the films look remastered.

Now, this release is interesting, especially after Crippled. I mean, does an English dub exist for this flick? Amazon is just listing 'cantonese'. That would mean they can't have dubtitles this time.

Morgoth Bauglir

It'll have the dub. All Dragon Dynasty releases have one. If they couldn't get the dub I don't think they would be releasing it. I've never heard this one except for a clip on youtube. Looking forward to it.

It was show on UK TV earlier this year with an English dub & remastered and actually in the TV guide they also listed it as Cantonese.

does DD have some kinda new rule that if Gordon Liu is not in the film they won't release it?

It would be nice to get some Kwan Tai-Chen love from DD for a change...:neutral:

does DD have some kinda new rule that if Gordon Liu is not in the film they won't release it?

It would be nice to get some Kwan Tai-Chen love from DD for a change...:neutral:

Don't you mean Chen Kwan Tai?

If so he's the main villain in Crippled Avengers & Gordon is not in their which is on the DD label.

Archived