The Outrage Trilogy (2010/2012/2017)

OpiumKungFuCracker

OpiumKungFuCracker

Kitano is back and boy is this movie ruthless as hell.. The kill scenes are inventive as hell, and the characters are so likable but scary, if you looking for a new Yakuza crime movie check this one out...

BCXJ-270.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed the trailer and looking forward to seeing this film. The DVD is available for pre-order now, to be released in December.

This was a welcome comeback for Kitano indeed, even if it's closer to Brother than Hana-Bi. Gone is the arthouse imagery and humanism of Kitano’s mid-90’s masterpieces. Outrage is the core of yakuza film: stylish men in black suits wasting each other off left and right. It's also very funny with all the dark humor, and sometimes feels like (an ultraviolent) genre satire. Excellent cast, too, with tough guys Kippei Shiina, Renji Ishibashi, Jun Kunimura, and Kitano himself.

Plus, the film deserves a special award: the most atmospheric use of black cars in the history of yakuza cinema.

Hello everyone.

I'm not sure where else to turn, but I heard a few rumblings that Magnolia Films had the right to this film. However, when I asked them they told me they are not allowed to let me know. Does anyone actually know how to find out? There have a few websites that have linked Magnolia with Kitano's outrage. Here are the links. If anyone has any information please share! This movie is actually awesome!

http://www.flickpickmonster.com/2010...on-report.html

http://www.mikelemoncasting.com/html/press.html

http://www.psfilmfest.org/festival/f...d=22374&fid=43

http://www.fromdusktillcon.com/conte...hiro-nishimura

The last link actually states that Magnolia is releasing this film this year, but again there has been no official word. Again, does anyone actually know?

One Armed Boxer

I don't know if you're aware or not, but the Japanese region 2 DVD is one of the few releases to come with English subtitles...if you have a multi-region player I would say go for this edition.

I don't know if you're aware or not, but the Japanese region 2 DVD is one of the few releases to come with English subtitles...if you have a multi-region player I would say go for this edition.

The Blu-Ray, too.

However, there's Hong Kong DVD and BD available, too.

I've actually seen the film, however without subtitles. I just want this movie to be easily accessible for those in the states. I do have a question.

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the end of the film Kitano gets shanked a few times while sitting in the bench and he slumps over probably dead.

The last scene of the movie has Ryo Kase and a few others discussing something. Do they mention if Kitano's character dies? Any info would be greatly appreciated. (If not what were they talking about?)

Takuma, sorry for another question.

SPOILERS

So they actually confirm that Kimura kills Kitano's character? What exactly do they say? It's just strange that they are making a sequel, but it might be a prequel.

Just import the Japanese Bluray if you have a player. It'll work in U.S. players and has English subtitles already. Don't even need to alter your region either. That's the route I'm going once I get more money. Plus I'm sure the U.S. cover won't look as "outrageous" as the Japanese!:xd:

One Armed Boxer

Twitch have comfirmed it will be Magnet who will be releasing this movie....first on VOD on October 28th, then with a limited theatrical run on December 2nd....it would be safe to presume a DVD release will follow shortly after.

I recently watched this one, a great return to the yakuza genre for Kitano, with some real stand-out scenes of violence and great moments of black humor, it will be interesting to see what he does with the rumoured sequel.

sifu iron perm

part 2!!! well damn.

I enjoyed Outrage from start to end.

lol @ the African businessman, he carried himself well at times..

Haven't been around this forum for a little while but caught this news before I came to the forum. I will be looking forward to the second one. I hope that Kitano might be able to get Ken Takakura in this as was the rumour, although very recently they worked together on another new film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2034618/

OpiumKungFuCracker

My favorite scene in the whole movie (And there are a lot of them) is when Kitano went gangsta in the Sauna room and just unloaded on them punk bitches!!!

OpiumKungFuCracker
As someone who enjoyed Violent Cop and Sonatine I found this to be a tiresome disappointment.

Really?? I see it differently, but I kinda thought the same with Violent Cop.. I might need to see that movie again though...

Archived