BRUCE WILLIS Talks EXPENDABLES 2 and DIE HARD 5!!

Karlos

From CBR:

Willis said that he’s not only expecting to return to Sylvester Stallone’s aging wet works franchise, but a whole slew of actors are joining him as well.

“I talked to Sly and he’s going for all the marbles this time, and he’s going to get everybody in this time,” he said. “Even Stone Cold Steve Austin who took two bullets in the last film, he’s coming back, too. Hopefully, they’ll start shooting it while we’re young enough to survive.”

Elsewhere, Wills told MTV that a fifth Die Hard film could move into production as soon as 2011: “We have a script. They’re making a couple changes right now.”

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, he was well and truly finished off by Randy Couture!!

Maybe he'll play his own twin brother - OUT FOR REVENGE!! :bigsmile:

Not a bad thought! But I don't think it would flow, there are so many good action Guys that Sly should get for the next movie!

ShaOW!linDude

I haven't seen it yet though both my wife and I want to. I've heard a lot of mixed things about it, especially the lackluster MA. Still, it looks good.

Does this mean Sly will try to recruit Van Damme, Seagal, Snipes, Chan, and the like. Would Gary Daniels be in it again? Or will he be looking to bring in more 21st century talent?

Guest Markgway

There are so many action types out there I really don't think they need to revive Steve Austin from the dead.

He's just another slab of beef isn't he? Or am I missing something?

Dark Horizons:

Bruce Willis indicated to Access Hollywood this weekend that filming on “The Expendables” sequel seems to be kicking off sooner rather than later.

“Apparently it’s going to happen this year… As far as I know, barring any unforeseen circumstances, but yeah, I would love to be a part of it” said Willis who cameos in the original film and who is tipped to serve as the villain in the next one.

Meanwhile filmmaker Sheldon Lettich has indicated (via The Van Damme Fans) that Jean Claude Van Damme will be joining the next film, the Muscles from Brussels having rejected an offer to feature in the first film.

However, if he does join then there's a condition - "JC seems to be leaning towards appearing in the sequel, as far as I know...If Steven Seagal is not in the sequel. From what I've heard it, [steven] Seagal won't be, not because of Sly, but because of producer Avi Lerner, who had a few bad experiences with Steven" said Lettich.

Update (10:46am): Lettich explains that two separate quotes have been taken out of context - "My statement was two completely different and unrelated sentences. In the first one I said Van Damme was leaning towards doing the movie. In the second sentence I led with the word "if," meaning that if Seagal is not in the movie, it's not because of Sly's decision but because of Avi Lerner's. Nowhere was JC's name mentioned in the second sentence, because his participation is completely unrelated to Seagal"

I'll be looking out for the sequel, but I still don't like the fact your bringing back Stone Cold, like I said b4 there are some many talented M.A. out there why bring him back from the dead, or a twin! Put Donnie Yen in the sequel as a badass villain!

And as far as a Die-Hard5 or whatever I think the 1st. one was the best and the rest were just OK. Honestly what else has Bruce Willis done to make him an action star? I cannot think of really anything else.

ShaOW!linDude
Honestly what else has Bruce Willis done to make him an action star? I cannot think of really anything else.

THE LAST BOY SCOUT is the favorite of mine. I like it better than any of the "Die Hard" series. MERCURY RISING is pretty good, too. And don't forget his role in PULP FICTION.

THE LAST BOY SCOUT is the favorite of mine. I like it better than any of the "Die Hard" series. MERCURY RISING is pretty good, too. And don't forget his role in PULP FICTION.

ShaOW!linDude: What action scenes did he do in Pulp Fiction? Don't get me wrong that is a great movie, but he didn't have any action scenes really!

Even though LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD sucked, I'm glad to see they're making another Die Hard. I hope they get a different director. Bring McTiernan back, please.

And for the record, DIE HARD (part 1) is the best action film ever made.

ShaOW!linDude
ShaOW!linDude: What action scenes did he do in Pulp Fiction? Don't get me wrong that is a great movie, but he didn't have any action scenes really!

Aw, man! I can't believe you're calling me out like that!:tongue:

Um.......it's been so long since I've watched this (not like I am a big PF fan).......okay....didn't he off the guys and the geek who were going to rape him and Ving Rhames? And one of them with a sword? Oh, and he offed Travolta's character.

I mean..granted...they weren't action scenes like one would typically think of for a BW movie, I guess, but they were actiony. Sorta. To me.

Guest Markgway
Even though LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD sucked

I thought it was great fun. Much better than I expected from a PG-13. Obviously the original is THE masterpiece but I would be happy to see a Part 5 if it was as good as 4.

I thought it was great fun. Much better than I expected from a PG-13. Obviously the original is THE masterpiece but I would be happy to see a Part 5 if it was as good as 4.

I also thought Live Free Or Die Hard it was really fun especially because I have the unrated version. Although the first one was the best this one had more action.

OpiumKungFuCracker

The Die Hard series when you watch it gives that adrenaline rush feeling you get when watching old skool action movies.... I really miss that feeling a lot....

Guest Yi-Long
The Die Hard series when you watch it gives that adrenaline rush feeling you get when watching old skool action movies.... I really miss that feeling a lot....

It's because it's quite rare to see a vulnerable and believable main character stuck in a situation he can't get out of...

I also liked the Die Hard movies, even the 4th one although it was on a wayyy more superficial 'popcorn' level... and it would be nice to have more of those kinda flicks coming out.

I also feel they don't have to be all that expensive to produce.

Guest Yi-Long
Am the only one who liked Die Hrad 3 the least because of the little action and unclimatic villian ending?

Die Hard 3 begins great, and somewhere halfway through or the last half hour kinda loses it all...

Still an entertaining movie ofcourse.

Personally, i think I like Die Hard 2 the most, and after that it's a bit of a toss up, but I think Die Hard 1 edges it.

I would rate them like this...

Die Hard

Die Hard 2

Live Free or Die Hard (unrated)

Die Hard 3

I hope Die Hard 5 kicks ass!

That would be exactly how I rate them. Die Hard 2 was underated because most people think it was a copy of the first one. (Which should be a good thing if people love the first.) I think the set up is what makes it great and a very "Die Hard" movie.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Die Hard 3 was such a fun film for like 2 hrs straight, the ending didn't bother me too much, I had a full plate of awesomness...

In order:

Die Hard 1

Die Hard 3

Die Hard 2

4th one isn't part of the series in my opinion. I have yet to see the director's cut, but I doubt it's that different.

Guest Markgway

With a Vengeance is a strong entry... though it does run out of steam by the climax.

Part 2 is good, but probably my least of the series. Still a cut above most other action films though.

Archived