The Mechanic

Guest Chinatown Kid

Guest Chinatown Kid

This is one of my favorite Charles Bronson films. It's a detailed study of a hitman or "mechanic" played by Bronson who begins to suffer from anxiety and panic attacks caused by his profession. He takes a young apprentice(Jan Micheal Vincent) under his wing and begins to show him the tricks of the trade. Theres some good action and suspense and even a Karate match between Tak Kubuta and an American opponent(Bronson"s character is a student of the arts and it shows him practicing what looks like Aikido with a teacher). It also has a great twist ending. If your a fan of action/suspense or Bronson this is a must see. Anybody else a fan of this film?

Guest sevenhooks

Caught this one lazy Sunday afternoon on tv as a kid.

Dug it a lot. Particularly the relationship between Bronson and Jan Micheal Vincent.

Not at all a fan of Hollywood remakes these days, but in the right hands a new treatment of this story could do well.

F#cking LOVE that ending too, man!!

Hard as hell!!

Guest pressureworld

This is a favorite there is supposed to be a remake in the works in name only starring Michael Douglas of all people ....sigh lets hope not

Guest Chinatown Kid

Oh man, I would love to see a remake of this film! I sure don't want to see Douglas in the role that Bronson originally played though, yuck! :rolleyes

Guest sevenhooks

They should use The Mechanic as the template for a semi-sequel/follow-up to Leon/The Professional.

Have Jean Reno play Bronsan's part and Natalie Portman play Jan-Michael Vincent's part.

Obviously it wouldn't be a real "sequel" since the character of Leon is no longer with us, but I think it could be cool if casted that way.

Guest jirpy100

That would be excellent! Natalie Portman's unrequited love can be the reason for the betreyal! Good stuff, start writing man.

Cognoscente
On 5/13/2007 at 3:00 PM, Guest pressureworld said:

This is a favorite there is supposed to be a remake in the works in name only starring Michael Douglas of all people ....sigh lets hope not

It's amusing how they went from Michael Douglas to Jason Statham. You would think that Jason would have been the first choice, if not Liam Neeson.

• Like 2