Champions of Champions

TheLittleKicks

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

I haven't heard of this, but I will for sure be watching now that you have brought it to my attention

ShaOW!linDude

I knew nothing about this so thanks for the heads up. I'll check my local listings.

Anybody remember MTV's "The Final Fu" with Ernie Reyes, Jr. as host?

ShaOW!linDude

Glad you said something, dude. Just saw your post and I went straight away and set my DVR.

There was a show similar to this that used to be on Spike TV or the Vs. channel that was a concept by Chuck Norris (if I remember correctly). There were teams of 5 fighters (1 was female and rest were male). They would pair up and fight. Then the top scorers for each team, regardless of weight-class or sex, would fight the final bout. Here's what sucks..............I can't remember the name of the show and I haven't seen it in a while so I'm not sure if it's still on. Maybe someone else can school us both.

ShaOW!linDude

Yeah, maybe that's what it was. That sounds familiar.

Just got through watching C.O.C. Not too bad. The fights seemed a little one-sided to me but it's the semi-finals so I guess that's to be expected. The 3rd and 4th fights I thought were the best. I liked the Brazilian, Cosmo Alexandre. He's fast and powerful but I don't think he threw a single kick. He snuck in a punch or two, 3 or 4 elbows, but mainly he just worked over the Iranian with his knees.

I like the fact they waste time with a lot of prelims and that they edit the time between rounds so as to get straight to the fight. I could go for a little more replays and a time-clock in the corner of the screen would be nice.

So this isn't back on til Nov.17th? Did I see that right?

ShaOW!linDude

I have DirectTV and learned a couple of days ago that they dropped G4 due to contract negotiations disagreements. So I guess I won't be watching this anytime soon.

Archived