My Many MiniReviews

ShaOW!linDude

One Armed Boxer
If Eric cut his dvd price then he'd be out of pocket the money on the disc itself. And he can't set the postage rate. He knows it kills his overseas buyer potential.

Yeah I had the same discussion with him over e-mail, the post office price is extortionate for posting a single DVD. That said, having now talked with Eric directly about it and understanding if he charged any less he'd be out of pocket, I suddently don't mind paying it.

Is it possible to couple 1 of the 2 additional movies you want or is it that customs stings you if it's more than 1 dvd period?

blue_skies, what customs fee are you referring to? I still sometimes get bundles of DVD's sent to the UK, and I've never had a customs charge added to any of them.

ShaOW!linDude

MORTAL KOMBAT: LEGACY 2 (2013) Running time: 92 mins.

Stars: Ian Anthony Dale, Mark Dacascos, David Lee McInnis, Harry Shum, Jr., Brian Tee, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, Casper Van Dien, Samantha Jo, Michelle Lee, John Lewis, Eric Steinberg, Dan Southworth, Eric Jacobus, Kim Do Nguyen

Fight Choreographer: Larnell Stovall

Dir.: Kevin Tancharoen

Synopsis

It's time for a new Mortal Kombat tournament. Shang Tsung (CHT) assembles his Outworld team while Raiden (DLM) gathers fighters from Earthrealm. Former rivalries and friendships are revisited as the time draws near.

Ep 1

Fight #1 --- Liu Kang (BT) vs gang in karaoke bar

Meh. It's more of a brawl with a little MA but not much. It's not shaky cam, but there's a bumpy cam feel w/touches of hyper-editing.

Ep 2

Liu Kang back story; Intro to Raiden's and Shang Tsung's fighters.

Ep 3 & 4

Kenshi back story over both eps.

Fight #2 --- Kenshi (DS) vs Ermac (KDN)

Good fight! A little swordplay, a little "shapes" work, and a few nice kicks.

Ep 5

Kitana/Mileena back story.

Ep 6

Fight #3 --- Johnny Cage (CVD) vs Mileena (ML)

Good fight. CVD is not the smoothest screen fighter, but he does get off a nice hook kick. ML looks the part and sells her stuff.

Fight #4 --- Kitana (SJ) vs Mileena (ML)

It's okay. The flow seems a little uneven at times, but the exchanges are decent, and it's got a killer finishing move.

Ep 7 & 8

Bi Han/Sub Zero and Hanzo/Scorpion back story over both eps.

Fight #5 --- Scorpion (IAD) vs Sub Zero (ES)

Good fight! Lots of f/x but it's cool. Could've stood a little more MA in this one, but there's a surprising finishing move.

Ep 9

Back story of Liu Kang's recruitment by Shang Tsung.

Ep 10

Kung Lao (MD) prepares for the tournament in a training sequence.

Fight #6 --- Liu Kang (BT) vs Johnny Cage (CVD)

Good fight w/fast exchanges and a "Whoa!" finishing move.

Fight #7 --- Liu Kang (BT) vs Kurtis Stryker (EJ)

Good fight but way too short. It's a quick and intricate exchange that turns into a bloody beatdown.

Well, I was super-psyched for this because I really enjoyed the 1st web series (which I reviewed back on pg 24 of this thread).

I liked the cinematography in this. It is well shot. The stories are engaging, though I thought they could have used a bit more fleshing out. The f/x are awesome.

However, while the fights are solid, there are fewer of them, and they're shorter. Also the "Wow!" moments are few and far between. Like I said, the fights are solid...but don't quite reach their potential or stack up to those of the 1st series.

The problems I see are these:

1) The series is far more story driven. That's not a bad thing in and of itself because the back stories are interesting and tie to the 1st series. But it cuts into time that I think should have been devoted to more action.

2) The casting in this is hit and miss. Different women portray Kitana and Mileena and they just aren't as suited as the previous girls. CVD is good as Johnny Cage. He has the best lines and he sells his fights, but he's no Matt Mullins and his fights were some of the best in the 1st series. Should have brought MM back for this.

3) The under-utilization of talent. Look, you've got Dacascos and Jacobus in this, 2 fantastic screen fighters, and one only gets a training montage while the other gets a pistol-whipping (even though it's cool). Wrong answer.

Here's the skinny. It's still quite enjoyable and for an $8 dvd, it trumps a lot of DTV movies. (Oh, and for those who never purchased the 1st series because it was only released on Blu-ray, it's also out now on dvd for $8.) So for $16, you get 2 series totaling 3 hrs of good story and solid fighting. And it's left open for a continuation. So I'm down.

As I said of the 1st series, GET THAT!!! As for this 2nd series, ultimately, it's your call, but I think it's worth the purchase, too.

MORTAL KOMBAT: LEGACY 2 (2013) Running time: 92 mins.

2) The casting in this is hit and miss. Different women portray Kitana and Mileena and they just aren't as suited as the previous girls. CVD is good as Johnny Cage. He has the best lines and he sells his fights, but he's no Matt Mullins and his fights were some of the best in the 1st series. Should have brought MM back for this.

So is this a true sequel that follows the events of the first series?? I'm always turned off when a sequel can't bring back the original actors (i.e. MKA). If it's a true sequel, how many actors reprise their roles from the first series?? I haven't seen either of them, so I'm curious.

ShaOW!linDude
So is this a true sequel that follows the events of the first series??

Yes and no. It's tied to the first via the story line of Kitana/Mileena and the Scorpion/Sub Zero rivalry, and I guess the fact that everything is gearing up for the tournament which begins. Others aren't touched on, forgotten, or new characters' plot lines are begun. I guess I'd have to watch them back to back to say for sure, but the two I cited are ones I immediately recognized.

I'm always turned off when a sequel can't bring back the original actors (i.e. MKA). If it's a true sequel, how many actors reprise their roles from the first series?? I haven't seen either of them, so I'm curious.

I feel you on that.:wink: Really the only 2 actors who reprise their previous roles are Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Shang Tsung and Ian Anthony Dale as Scorpion.

One Armed Boxer
As I said of the 1st series, GET THAT!!! As for this 2nd series, ultimately, it's your call, but I think it's worth the purchase, too.

Cheers for the review ShaOW!linDude, I'm heading over stateside next month, so may do a swoop on both the 1st series and this one if I can pick them up cheap (it always makes me jealous when I sometimes see you guys posting that you picked up some movie that takes a chunk out of my wallet for dirt cheap at some store I've never heard of like Best Buy, so I should take advantage while I'm there!) Thinking of going for 'Street Fighter: Assassins Fist' as well, this is another web series that seemed to get similar positive reviews from the kung-fu cinema community, have you considered picking this one up?

ERIC JACOBUS & THE STUNT PEOPLE SHORT FILM SERIES - VOL.1

(2014) Running time: 75 mins.

Support this, please! Go to the Stunt People Store and get your copy. It's $15 and Eric personally signs and ships them. And he's quick about it.

http://stuntpeoplestore.bigcartel.com/

He certainly is quick about it, mine arrived on Thursday last week, must be something about the US post. I'm still waiting on a package that originated in the UK that was sent back at the beginning of the month.

Already given it a couple of watches, these shorts have a very high re-watchability factor, here's hoping we either get a full length feature or a Vol.2 sooner rather than later!

ShaOW!linDude
Cheers for the review ShaOW!linDude, I'm heading over stateside next month, so may do a swoop on both the 1st series and this one if I can pick them up cheap (it always makes me jealous when I sometimes see you guys posting that you picked up some movie that takes a chunk out of my wallet for dirt cheap at some store I've never heard of like Best Buy, so I should take advantage while I'm there!)

Are you really? Cool beans!!!!:bigsmile:

Thinking of going for 'Street Fighter: Assassins Fist' as well, this is another web series that seemed to get similar positive reviews from the kung-fu cinema community, have you considered picking this one up?

Yeah, that doesn't get released here until this Tuesday. I've been hearing good stuff about that, too, so I may have to snag it.

He certainly is quick about it, mine arrived on Thursday last week, must be something about the US post. I'm still waiting on a package that originated in the UK that was sent back at the beginning of the month.

Already given it a couple of watches, these shorts have a very high re-watchability factor, here's hoping we either get a full length feature or a Vol.2 sooner rather than later!

Yep, he's on the ball.

It does have a high re-watchability factor. I never tire of Kicktionary (and he's working on a 2nd). I could take another dvd of short films in a heartbeat, but I'd love another full length feature, too. Not sure when we'll get that. He has a script penned for a full length project, but he's been so busy working on short films and with other people on their projects, who knows when that will come about.

Secret Executioner

Is the Mortal Kombat: Legacy series you reviewed related to the Mortal Kombat 1990s TV series, or are these two different things ? I think there was also a movie franchise, but I supposed this is also a different kind of animal.

(and believe it or not, I've NEVER played Mortal Kombat on any system - I've had a rom of Street Fighter II on my computer at a point though)

ShaOW!linDude
Is the Mortal Kombat: Legacy series you reviewed related to the Mortal Kombat 1990s TV series, or are these two different things ? I think there was also a movie franchise, but I supposed this is also a different kind of animal.

(and believe it or not, I've NEVER played Mortal Kombat on any system - I've had a rom of Street Fighter II on my computer at a point though)

This web series is divorced from the earlier film franchise and the tv series, so you don't need to worry about continuity in that sense. It's its own animal.

And don't worry. I never played MORTAL KOMBAT either. I played a little STREET FIGHTER but mainly I am (or was) a TEKKEN man. :tongue:

And don't worry. I never played MORTAL KOMBAT either. I played a little STREET FIGHTER but mainly I am (or was) a TEKKEN man. :tongue:

Mortal Kombat 3 (and Ultimate MK3) for Sega was a big part of my life in middle school/early high school. First thing my friends and I did when we got home from school was play this like crazy. Good times...

If Eric cut his dvd price then he'd be out of pocket the money on the disc itself. And he can't set the postage rate. He knows it kills his overseas buyer potential. Is it possible to couple 1 of the 2 additional movies you want or is it that customs stings you if it's more than 1 dvd period?

He must be able to do better on the postage, as I said I received a package of a six DVD set that had the price just over $13, $13.22 if I recall correctly.Given that the case is the equivalent size of two DVD cases and obviously weighs more having six discs. I don't see how he can't lower the rate. Surely postage prices are the same across the entire US?

Well it's not really customs that is the problem, although it is. It's the Royal mail handling fee. Any package over £15 faces customs fees, which are not too bad by themselves. Even though they charge including postage fees (the crooks) but then you have an additional £8 charge from Royal mail as a handling fee.:sad:

One Armed Boxer
He must be able to do better on the postage, as I said I received a package of a six DVD set that had the price just over $13, $13.22 if I recall correctly.Given that the case is the equivalent size of two DVD cases and obviously weighs more having six discs. I don't see how he can't lower the rate. Surely postage prices are the same across the entire US?

I can confirm that the postage on the packaging I received was for standard air mail and stamped $10.00, so from an economic standpoint, Eric is just covering his costs and making sure he's not operating at a loss. It might just be the case that sending out multiple DVD's doesn't work out much different than sending a single DVD, but either way, his explanation of the postage cost is definitely correct.

ShaOW!linDude

My understanding from what he had posted at one point was that the $10 shipping fee is the current standard overseas US rate for dvds.

For Eric to ship the dvd to me a few weeks ago within the US was $4.50 --- roughly half the overseas rate. I don't remember it being that steep the last time I ordered from him, and I got more than 1 disc then, so apparently shipping within the States has gone up on him, too.

Hey everyone, thanks for the support. As you might know, I run The Stunt People out of my home and package each dvd myself. It's really a one man operation outside of the filmmaking. Last year the post office raised rates, and then they did again this year. Whereas I could once send a dvd to London for six bucks, it's now 9.50. I also can't send internationally from my office since the post office removed the ability to draft customs forms from PayPal. They've really dicked it up. Us postage is slowly climbing every year faster than inflation too. Also on top of the shipping and cost of envelopes, I have to visit the post office to ship internationally, which is usually just a single package. I'm not coming out ahead in this. I do it for the love of it. So please understand the situation. I wish I were Amazon, but I'm just a stuntman operating a small business. Enjoy the dvd!

One Armed Boxer
Enjoy the dvd!

No doubt anyone who purchases it will, that much is guaranteed. I'd make a post in the forum though regarding the release of the DVD, if ShaOW!linDude didn't review this, I'd literally have had no idea that this release even existed, and this is coming from someone who's picked up every one of your DVD's. Get that awareness out there!

ShaOW!linDude

Okay, this is more of a itty-bitty, teeny-tiny, mini-review because...well, because it's...

BLACK MASK 2: CITY OF MASKS (2002) Running time: forever...I mean 101 mins.

Stars: Andy On, Scott Adkins, Traci Elizabeth Lords, and a whole slew of other people and professional wrestlers who get billed before these guys but actually have smaller roles.

MA Dir: Yuen Wo Ping

Dir.: Tsui Hark

Synopsis

The Black Mask (AO) is searching for a cure to biological abnormality that gives him his strength and speed. Dr. Lang (SA), the representative of those responsible for creating him, is closing in on him. However, a rival has been experimenting with special strands of animal DNA and injecting them into professional wrestlers which cause them to mutate into monstrous freaks. Black Mask must stop them all, find a cure for himself, and prevent himself from being captured. Oh, and fall in love with some scientist chick.

This movie is filled with wire-assisted action courtesy of YWP. There is a smattering of MA here and there until you get to the...

End Fight --- Black Mask vs Dr. Lang

Aaaaargh!!!! Okay, okay, okay. This has its moments. Adkins does pull off some sweet kicks, and he and AO have a few decent exchanges. However, the portions of the fight that are grounded are greatly outweighed by the portions that aren't.

I watched this movie when it first came out. My first inclination then that it might not be up to snuff was that Jet Li was not in this sequel. That was a major red flag as I loved the 1st one so much. On viewing it then, I found this film to be an atrocity, and was glad he had the sense not to appear in it. Considering the way his career has gone these days, this would be right up his alley now. Good grief.

Let's do pro's and con's.

Con's

There is some underused talent here, and it's a downright shame.

The film comes across like a hybrid cross of Black Mask and The Guyver. (The 1st one that starred Mark Hamill which sucked!!!!!) Men turn into beasts, and the hero must put the beatdown on the in the campiest of fashion.

The comedy is asinine. The female love interest doesn't even receive any billing whatsoever either in the opening or end credits.

The special f/x are hit and miss. The w/w stunts are meh.

Pro's

There's a lot of action. It's meh, but there's a lot of it.

Adkins' character is kind of interesting, but he really doesn't get to do or say too much right until the end.

You can clearly tell On has onscreen charisma, and he shows potential in his fights, but he never really gets to strut his fighting chops. (And I'm not real sure just how much formal training, if any, he'd had this early in his career.)

The end fight is the best fight in the film, and that ain't saying a whole lot, but there are some cool segments.

Oh, and Traci Lords. Her character is interesting, and she has a few fight sequences, though she's obviously doubled.

Look, it's just not good. It's freakin' awful is what it is. This is less of a MA flick, and meant to be more of a superhero flick, but it tanks. The premise would be awesome if the filmmakers had actually relied on some MA like in Black Mask and The Guyver 2: Dark Hero. (That movie rocked with such awesome fight scenes that a certain kick, which many had never seen in a movie like this, became labeled as the Guyver kick.)

I can't believe I sat through this again. AVOID THIS AT ALL COSTS...unless you're filled with morbid curiosity, or you just don't feel your life is complete until you see what may be the only fight between Adkins and On that will ever be put to film.

One Armed Boxer
This has always been one of my morbid curiosities, made even more so by watching the clips from it that were shown in the Scott Adkins Showcase which was played during his recent appearance at the SENI event in London. Look forward to hearing your opinion!

AVOID THIS AT ALL COSTS...unless you're filled with morbid curiosity, or you just don't feel your life is complete until you see what may be the only fight between Adkins and On that will ever be put to film.

Is this your subtle way of telling me that I should watch this?:tongue:

ShaOW!linDude

2000 A.D. (1999) Running time: 104 mins.

Stars: Aaron Kwok, Daniel Wu, Phyllis Quek, James Lye, Andrew Lin, Gi Gi Choi, Ray Lui, Francis Ng, Cynthia Noh, Lim Yu Beng, Kenneth Low (Ken Lo), Chen Shu Cheng, Huang Wen Yong, Michael Cheng

Action Director: Yuen Tak

Dir.: Gordon Chan

*A note of interest for some: the line producer is Dante Lam.

Synopsis

Peter Li (AK) has an older brother named Greg who, unbeknownst to him, is actually a CIA. A rogue CIA operative wants a computer program Greg has that is capable of completely shutting down the Internet. When Greg is killed, Peter vows to stop at nothing to clear his name and find the killer, an adventure that leads him from Hong Kong to Singapore.

Fight #1 --- Peter vs the assassin (KL)

It's a brief skirmish, more of a brawl really. There's a kick or two, but mainly it's brutal with some good falls.

Fight #2 --- Peter & Benny vs Eric Ong, a Singapore cop

Very short, but has a little HK style action to the choreography. There's a few more kicks, and the flow is good, but right as it picks up, it's over.

Fight #3 --- Peter & Eric vs Kelvin

Now here's some decent MA. Good fight! The editing is full of quick cuts, and the flow is not all that great because of it, but there are some good blows with impact and lots of kicks.

A couple of forum members had clued me in that this was not an MA heavy flick, and they were correct. However, it is rife with action. There's some good shootouts to be found, though one camera shot shows the bad guys shooting at the good guys from, like, 6 feet away with automatic weapons. (Should've rethought that one.) So if you're in it for some action, you'll get your money's worth. (I bought this used for $3 so I'm good with it.)

The acting's good. The comedy lines are kind of lame, but the drama is passable. As the movie is 15 yrs old, you kind have to suspend your belief in the plot, but it works.

Can't say I was really excited while watching it, but I'm not disappointed either. Would I watch it again? Doubtful. Would I skim it for the fights? Probably...maybe...we'll see.

I like Aaron Kwok. I think he's a good screen fighter, but China Strike Force (a film I love) this ain't, I have yet to find another action film of his I really like. (Of course I've only seen maybe 2 other others, but I couldn't tell you their names, so obviously I didn't care for them. I'm open to suggestions.)

I don't feel like I got burned on this one, but by the same token, I don't fell like I got lucky either. I think it's worth seeing, but I wouldn't kill myself looking for it. It's your call.

Oh, I'm curious to know if the character Eric Ong is being played by Daniel Wu. The only cast members I recognized and could associate by name were Aaron Kwok and Kenneth Low. The opening credits were in English, but the closing credits weren't.

ShaOW!linDude
So as I said average movie. :tongue:

When you're right, you're right.:wink:

No, that's James Lye. Daniel Wu plays Aaron Kwok's friend Bobby in the movie.

Ah, cool beans. He looks looks like he's got some chops. I'd be curious to see him in an MA role.

One Armed Boxer
I like Aaron Kwok. I think he's a good screen fighter, but China Strike Force (a film I love) this ain't, I have yet to find another action film of his I really like. (Of course I've only seen maybe 2 other others, but I couldn't tell you their names, so obviously I didn't care for them. I'm open to suggestions.)

In terms of his action performances, 'Saviour of the Soul' & 'The Bare-Footed Kid' are both highlights. 'Throw Down' is also a standout and one of my personal favorites, and 'The Storm Riders' is good fantasy fun.

'City Under Siege' and 'Divergence', both Benny Chan action movies, are best avoided in my opinion.

I can't believe I sat through this again. AVOID THIS AT ALL COSTS...unless you're filled with morbid curiosity, or you just don't feel your life is complete until you see what may be the only fight between Adkins and On that will ever be put to film.

Which is exactly why China Star was so disappointed that they re-dubbed the film in Cantonese as a comedy..and they released it after the US!

ShaOW!linDude

WRONG SIDE OF TOWN (2010) Running time: 85 mins.

Stars; Rob Van Dam, David Bautista, Omarion, Ja Rule, Edrick Browne, Jerry Katz, Ava Santana, Nelson Frasier, Jr., Louis Herthum, Marrese Crump

Stunt Coordinator: Phil Odell

Fight Coordinator: Maresse Crump (Hey, that's the way they spelled it in the credits; guess nobody fact-checks these things)

Dir.: David DeFalco

Honorable mention --- Utility male stand in: "The King of All Shaman-Ninjas of the 21st Century" (Wow! Who is this guy?:tongue:)

Synopsis

Bobby (RVD) takes his wife out one night to a club that happens to be owned by a prominent drug dealer. When she is almost raped, Bobby defends her, and her assailant dies. Unfortunately, her would be rapist is a relative of the drug dealer, and he puts a bounty on Bobby's life. Now he has to spend the rest of the night trying to stay alive, and protect his family with the help of his friend Big Ronnie (DB).

Fight #1 --- Bobby vs gangbangers

Meh. There's some good moves, but nothing special. It's short, and if the editing hadn't been so choppy, it might've been decent.

Fight #2 --- Bobby vs some more gangbangers

Again it's short. More jumpy quick cuts, but there's a couple of nice takedowns. Still not feeling it though.

Fight #3 --- Bobby vs hitmen

This is a little better, but not by much. The editing is better, too, but only slightly. There's some good hits, and once again it's too short.

Fight #4 --- Big Ronnie (DB) vs Markus (MC)

Yeah, baby! This is what I'm talking about! And it'sssss....crap. This is so bogus. There's a couple of kicks (horribly edited), some very mundane knife fighting, and a lackluster end...because someone just walks away without finishing the fight.

Oh, my word! This is awful.

I mean, the plot is serviceable. The villain is a schmuck in a spoiled brat kind of way. RVD as the hero spends his time nicely informing the bad guys that he doesn't want to hurt anyone before putting the smackdown on them. The dialogue is absolutely laughable in places. I actually started fantasizing of a "Naked Gun" kind of spoof of this as I was watching it. I don't think I've ever done that with any movie that I thought was this terrible.

RVD is not a leading man. As an action star, this wasn't a good vehicle for him either. The filming of the fights was abysmal. There were no special moments or moves, and he got beat up as much as he beat folks up. I mean, sure the hero has to take some shots, otherwise you don't sympathize with them, but come on!

I got this solely for the purpose of seeing if Marrese Crump got to strut his stuff, and when he finally got to fight, his only one is an end fight against Bautista. I just knew this was going to be good. That one saving grace just did not pan out. I perked up for nothing. Dadgummit.

I'll be short and sweet. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS MOVIE!!! It's going in the trade pile.

(I still want to know who this "King of All Shaman-Ninjas of the 21st Century" is though. I bet that dude rocks.)

One Armed Boxer

Gotta love differences in opinion! -

Fight #4 --- Big Ronnie (DB) vs Markus (MC)

Yeah, baby! This is what I'm talking about! And it'sssss....crap. This is so bogus. There's a couple of kicks (horribly edited), some very mundane knife fighting, and a lackluster end...because someone just walks away without finishing the fight.

Oh, my word! This is awful.

While Van Dam uses his grappling mixed in with some of his kickboxing skills, it is Bautista’s final fight against Crump that stands out. Some who may feel Bautista is just a big wrestler underwent training in Filipino Kali for the film and in his knifefight against Crump, shows some of the quick crisp handwork that is part of the martial art style.

RVD is not a leading man. As an action star, this wasn't a good vehicle for him either. The filming of the fights was abysmal. There were no special moments or moves, and he got beat up as much as he beat folks up. I mean, sure the hero has to take some shots, otherwise you don't sympathize with them, but come on!

Rob Van Dam, more known for his time as a professional wrestler formerly of Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW) and World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) makes for a pretty good lead. The combination of his rugged looks and kickboxing/wrestling skills make him just what a lead action star should have. Van Dam even goes as far as performing his own stunts in the film, including a stunt where he climb obstacles to climb to a ladder on ly to fall to a platform.

I think this just goes to prove, as has been said many times before, just because you can perform amazing feats of action, doesn't neccessarily mean you can choreograph outstanding action. I think Crump has probably missed his break, obviously with Panna Rittikrai passing 'Formless' can be considered as no longer on the cards, so I think his best chance would be to get State side and team up with someone like Isaac Florentine, get him up against someone like Michael Jai White or Scott Adkins.

ShaOW!linDude

BANGKOK ASSASSINS (2013) Running time: 104 mins

Stars: Athgit Pringpropm, Visaya Thayanont, Mario Maurer, Apak Amornsupasu (?), Jarnya Spwongkosakui (?), Sushar Manayng (?) {not sure on some of those names, hard to read grey lettering on grey background}

Dir.: Yuthert Sippapak

4 youths are kidnapped and crippled to work the streets for money. A kindly Shaolin monk rescues them and trains them. Once they are old enough, they go their separate ways, but when the monk is killed, they band together to seek revenge.

Let me just say this at the very start...

This movie is crap!!!!

It is so belabored by angst ridden twenty somethings that you will be the one who wants to commit suicide. There's so much unrequited love, it's sickening. These are pretty people in a pretty terrible movie.

Let's talk action. There's some, but it sux. As far as actual MA choreography, there might be about 2 whole minutes interspersed throughout the film. Thus, there are no fights even meriting a number, much less any sort of description. Most of the action is visual f/x as these guys have crazy chi powers. When you think things are about to get interesting, rest assured that they don't.

I bought this used, and paid more than I should have for it. Merry Xmas to me.:tinysmile_angry2_t::sad::cry:

All in all, this movie would be more aptly title Bangkok Asinine.

DO NOT GET THIS!!!! AVOID!! AVOID!! AVOID!!

BANGKOK ASSASSINS (2013) Running time: 104 mins

Stars: Athgit Pringpropm, Visaya Thayanont, Mario Maurer, Apak Amornsupasu (?), Jarnya Spwongkosakui (?), Sushar Manayng (?) {not sure on some of those names, hard to read grey lettering on grey background}

Dir.: Yuthert Sippapak

4 youths are kidnapped and crippled to work the streets for money. A kindly Shaolin monk rescues them and trains them. Once they are old enough, they go their separate ways, but when the monk is killed, they band together to seek revenge.

Let me just say this at the very start...

This movie is crap!!!!

It is so belabored by angst ridden twenty somethings that you will be the one who wants to commit suicide. There's so much unrequited love, it's sickening. These are pretty people in a pretty terrible movie.

Let's talk action. There's some, but it sux. As far as actual MA choreography, there might be about 2 whole minutes interspersed throughout the film. Thus, there are not fighters even meriting a number, much less any sort of description. Most of the action is visual f/x as these guys have crazy chi powers. When you think things are about to get interesting, rest assured that they don't.

I bought this used, and paid more than I should have for it. Merry Xmas to me.:tinysmile_angry2_t::sad::cry:

All in all, this movie would be more aptly title Bangkok Asinine.

DO NOT GET THIS!!!! AVOID!! AVOID!! AVOID!!

I couldn't agree more....WTH was with the Dragon Ball-like sequence at the end...it started having a bit of potential like Crippled Avengers but it just went ugh...left a bad taste in my mouth.