Need help indentifying classic Kung Fu movie, TNX

6Finger

I have seen this movie like 200 times when i was a kid and rememebred recently about it but VHS is lost.

I have spent numerous hours online trying to google it but no result.

Title in Croatian was (Kung Fu Ubija) translated back to english its Kung Fu Kills but i doubt its correct.

Plot (what i can rememeber) Vilain is dresed white all the time and plays/carys flute, he is going around and killing Kung Fu Masters, He was trained by 2 old (1 has hunch) masters.

He kills father of our Hero ( hero didnt like Kung Fu and didint alow his father to teach him).

After his father is dead he finds some begar that was his fathers friend and begar teaches him Kung Fu. The end scene hero is fighting in some vierd dog style :)

Srry for bad english guys and tywm if any1 recognizes the movie.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

Nice one odi.

You can get Kung Fu Rebels really cheap on Amazon. And it comes with another decent movie http://www.amazon.com/Gathering-Heroes-Rebels-Double-Feature/dp/B000IG45IE/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1285883103&sr=1-1

If you really really like this movie you might want to check the flk forum and ask if they have an uncut version. http://flkcinema.com/Forums.asp?ForumID=28 The version that comes in the East West double feature only runs 79 minutes. The good news is that at least it is widecreen. EDIT- nevermind, only the credits are wide.

I don't want to make yet another ID thread, so I'll post this here and hope someone can help me out.

Ok, a few years ago I saw a movie clip when youtube had just started to become big and I never got a chance to bookmark it.

The clip itself had a (presuming) main character dressed all in white, pants and long sleeve jacket, fighting against a group of thugs in a restaurant, bar, or ballroom. The fighting itself was like drunken boxing, but there wasn't any actual punching from the main character. It was a lot of spins, swaying, stepping on feet, and causing the thugs to run into each other.

It wasn't much longer than 2 or 3 minutes but if you know what this might be, any help would be appreciated. I'm also sorry if this is extremely vague and sounds like every movie with Drunken in the title. Still, it was quite an amazing sequence and it was before I started to get back into watching Kung Fu movies heavily.

Guest Weasleman1974

Right I am trying to find the name of a film by sammo hung and for the life of me I cannot remember the name. Typical martials arts film student goes to sammo hung wanting to be trained but is also trained by a guy who works in theatre. So the student has two masters the one in the theatre usually has white face paint on and is good at close quarters attack and sammo hung good at long distance attack. I am sure i had it on DVD but can i find it ??? no... Ohh it was an early film.

Morgoth Bauglir

Weasleman I haven't seen the movie in a long time, but I'm pretty sure it is Prodigal Son.

Tricky Nicky this is bugging me! Do you remember if it was in a teahouse or a bar? In other words is it oldschool or new?

Weasleman I haven't seen the movie in a long time, but I'm pretty sure it is Prodigal Son.

You are correct, Yuen Biao is the student, the first master is Lam Ching Ying and Sammo is the final Wing Chun teacher; short and long forms respectively.

Tricky Nicky this is bugging me! Do you remember if it was in a teahouse or a bar? In other words is it oldschool or new?

It was definitely old school. It was probably in a teahouse now that I think about it. Also, Im not 100%, but the main character might have been wearing a white changshan or long shirt instead of just a jacket.

Morgoth Bauglir

Very interesting. I had no idea a changshan was actually a thing. This is the only Chang Shan I've ever known-

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEZ7XPgmpp9cbG9HCiXg2KIf2e3hABZr6XEEOyWl5-wEWRpoo&t=1&usg=__QSCUTx8t0AxkJA0wS4Wkl71VTCk=

The one that's been eluding me is a scene that was at the end of a bootleg tape, from a different movie. I just remember a blind guy walking into a restaurant, past all the tables, and eventually being challenged, but no one could hit him. It was old school. I hadn't seen Crippled Avengers at the time, when I finally saw that film, this scene wasn't in it. After the scene, the tape runs out. Now I don't know which tape it was on or I'd rewatch it and supply more info.

Archived